rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New kit?
ClaretAndBlueWasp (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 18:09
Are we having a new one this season? If so I would like to see an old rugby jersey type top in the club shop too. Similar to what I think Bath and Quins have done.

Re: New kit?
westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 18:31
I would love a retro kit- I say so every year. Something like the old Cotton Oxford with the old badge.

RogerE (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 20:40
There will almost certainly be something retro to celebrate the Wasps 150.

If they are being authentic it will be all cotton, black, with white collar.

Roger

Rory87 (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 21:04
It's highly unlikely to be cotton. Kit material technology has come a long way since cotton and I highly doubt under armour produce anything in the old style cotton.

I'm guessing it will still be high performance material but with a retro design

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 07:34
I would really like a leisure 'retro' version. Saying UA doesn't make stuff in cotton, well, there are plenty of factories still making old style shirts in cotton. When out at the HK Sevens a few years ago I found old style cotton versions on sale in street markets. I still have one, and it is very good quality. I do not find the new materials at all comfortable to wear on a daily basis, but I would wear a (roomy) cotton one. Proper stitched on sponsor logo patches, stitch on team badge, stitched on white square with team number (give me a 12 please).

Silent Bob (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 07:35
There's no need for it to be made by UA if it is a Retro anniversary kit. Would it not be made as part of the leisure range?

Rory87 (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 19:02
Apologies, I thought we were talking about the playing kit this season and that's why I said it wouldn't be cotton. Of course there are leisure shirts that are still made of cotton and I'm pretty sure they are available form the club shop.
I'm really intrigued as to the design of this season's playing kit and looking forward to it. I've been a little apprehensive about he UA kits when they've been released, but have ended up loving them!

I'm confident the club and UA will produce a great shirt for this landmark season

wombles222 (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 18:26
Is there any release date on the new kit? as it is quite a big year anniversary wise I may be splurging on gear this season!

16 July, 2017 18:37
Quote:
Rory87
Of course there are leisure shirts that are still made of cotton and I'm pretty sure they are available form the club shop.

Polo shirts, maybe, but I don't recall seeing any 'vintage' style heavy cotton rugby shirts. Something with some real quality, as opposed to the awful things that sell for about 10-20 on eBay and the likes.

I remember my old school 1st XV shirt lasting at least 10 years as a leisure shirt, and that was after me playing in it for 2 years!!

Raggs (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 21:22
Just got an Israeli national team shirt. Normally a large and this is 2xl and looks like it may be trim. Now I'm done showing off, unlike most o quit liked last years and was tempted but held out in the hope this one would be special.

matelot22 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 07:02
We always seem to leave releasing any kind of news until the last minute.

Marconi (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 12:15
Not many kits out just yet, so can't see any reason for concern!

Would be good to do some big event like Exeter did, being the 150th anniversary and all.

I've always wondered why clubs don't release shirts for the last home game of the season (providing sponsors and manufacturers are known). Would be a financial boost for the summer where no rugby is played and kids would be out in them over the summer/on holidays etc!

BenWasp (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 17:38
Hopes high for a retro kit with old logo given all the 'Wasps 150' branding that's already about. I think Quins' kit from last season for their 150th is the benchmark for shirts now - I was very jealous of them.

Last year's kit was announced on July 22nd, and we're starting to see a few new shirts being announced this week so I imagine we could be seeing it sooner rather than later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/07/2017 17:42 by BenWasp.

Marconi (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 18:20
I suppose with the Singha 7s on 28/29th July, the release should be before then/timed to suit that event (unless they play in last years kit, which would be a surprise!)

wombles222 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 19:11
http://:///C:/Users/GemChris/Desktop/Team%20Wear%20-%20Customise%20Product.html

RogerE (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 09:06
Quote:
wombles222
http://:///C:/Users/GemChris/Desktop/Team%20Wear%20-%20Customise%20Product.html

You've linked to something on your own PC desktop!

Roger

Atomic Wasp (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 21:54
A Wasps staff twitter feed suggests that the new kit promo material photo shoot was today.

Cheers

Rick

@W2APS on twitter, the chap with the banners and flags.

andy lee (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 08:00
Wasps twitter feed saying that there should be an announcement on the shirt in the next few weeks.

19 July, 2017 08:57
Quote:
Atomic Wasp
A Wasps staff twitter feed suggests that the new kit promo material photo shoot was today.

This would suggest that info is correct:

[twitter.com]

Happywasp (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 23:38
Wasps twitter today confirming that we will have a new playing kit before the start of the 17/18 season. I assume that this means a new kit before the sevens.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Wasps Poll

Will Christian Wade be called up for the Lions again?

See results > Submit >>