rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sales of Season Tickets
Mikeuk56 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 12:41
Just being curious but does anyone have any idea as to how the sale of Season Tickets is going.
There seem to be only a few areas of the ground where they are still available.

Is this a marketing plan or does it represent amazing sales?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2017 12:43 by Mikeuk56.

Re: Sales of Season Tickets
NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 14:53
As only West and East stands are open for the Connacht match, the ST holders from North stand are sitting in the available seats in West and East and so, even though there are plenty available as ST seats, they won't appear until after that game, so what you can see right now is not representative. Quite some time ago Nick Eastwood had said that ST sales were so far ahead of last year that they had already exceeded the total sales revenue for last season. I took that to mean that the early bird sales of ST seats for 2107/18 had exceeded the total sales of all seats (season and matchday) for the 2016/17 season.

If true, THAT is amazing.

Heathen (IP Logged)
28 August, 2017 15:26
Non commital response to my email to the Ticket Office :

"Whilst unfortunately I do not have the actual number of season tickets we have sold, I can confirm that it is greater than last season and at the highest point it has been over recent years."

Bit like what you would expect from Sir Humphrey in "Yes, Minister"!!!

Spencerthecat (IP Logged)
28 August, 2017 17:18
LOL

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
29 August, 2017 12:07
More interested in delivery before first game, just received clubhouse pass but no season ticket yet

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Marconi (IP Logged)
29 August, 2017 13:48
Not season ticket related but just spotted this tweet from Sale:

"New Ref-Link equipment and aerials were installed @AJBell_Stadium today. Get yours from the club shop priced 12!"

Might we be seeing something similar at the Ricoh? Might perhaps be a STH Perk for a reduction or something?

neils (IP Logged)
29 August, 2017 14:34
I was rumoured that this "might" be one of the facilities added to a Wasps App that might be launched. Mind you this was about a year ago or whenever Ericsson appeared. At least we have WiFi inside now! Can't be difficult to arrange though not sure if some could stay quiet whilst listening to (say) CMK witterings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/08/2017 15:28 by neils.

bg (IP Logged)
29 August, 2017 15:04
I read the same Neils. I think it might have been one of Paul Smith articles. It would fantastic to have something like a ref mic as some of the ref decisions can seem bewildering sitting in the stadium.

Atomic Wasp (IP Logged)
29 August, 2017 21:16
I seem to remember that the chap who does all the Premier Rugby press stuff said on twitter that all stadiums should have ref link this season.

Cheers

Rick

@W2APS on twitter, the chap with the banners and flags.

Atomic Wasp (IP Logged)
29 August, 2017 21:42
Just checked with Paul Morgan of Premier Rugby and he confirmed all stadiums will have ref link for this season.

Cheers

Rick

@W2APS on twitter, the chap with the banners and flags.

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 11:51
Mine has now arrived

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Speach (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 12:32
You got a ref link?!

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
Sun Tzu

RogerE (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 12:50
It was installed at Exeter last week, along with updated content for the "big screens"

Wasps is being done this week.

According to the guy doing the work, on behalf of PRL, the audio video facilities at 3 stadia (Wasps, Sale and Newcastle) have been highlighted for improvement - including the long-awaited second screen.

Roger

neils (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 12:54
The Sale site indicates they have been told that their new Ref-link can be used at all Premiership Grounds. Not expensive either 12. Be interesting to see if we are told soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/08/2017 12:55 by neils.

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 13:24
I ordered three new season tickets at the same time to be delivered at the same address, two have arrived but mine hasn't yet... If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'll call them, if I have to get to the ground early on Saturday to pick it up so be it...

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 13:37
Our second ticket turned up this morning (the first arrived last week). But surely these should come out about three weeks before the first home game - so that anyone on holiday for two weeks - and there will be quite a few at this time of year - have the opportunity to pass their tickets on to friends and are not concerned as to their arrival. Before now I have flown back from holiday on the first match day, and have had to go home to collect ticket before driving to the ground (luckily at AP that was not much of a diversion for me)

Also to get corrected any problems (non-receipt, wrong name on ticket etc) without having to get to the ground early at the first match. Side benefit for the staff by evening out the pressure.

But then, it wouldn't be Wasps .....

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 14:07
Just so that you know, if you ARE away and not likely to attend a match, and you want a friend to be able to us it instead, but don't have the ST to give them (or maybe they can't meet up with you), just give the ticket office a call, they will print out a ticket for your friend for collection on the day, and your ST card will be disabled for just that day.

bg (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 14:09
RogerE - So does that mean the PRL are footing some of the bill for these upgrades? Or doing the work to make sure its standardised and then charging the clubs?

I can't see a new or additional screen being fitted anytime soon at Wasps.. that would be a mahoosive undertaking. It would have been done over the summer break?

If Neils is correct.. i.e. the ear-piece receivers will work at any ground then that must mean all the clubs must be using short frequency radio (and not wifi based apps) and each club will be using the same frequency.. so that it works at which ever club you arrive at.. which implies if you have a radio receiver on a smartphone.. you should be able to tune in.

But we could have the scenario

"You're off your feet.. you can't ... "Jeff can you pick up from the Shepherd pub.. client is called" ... Jones.. I've told you before.. now get back 10 "

RogerE (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 18:05
My understanding is that PRL are paying, at least, some of the costs, but I won't be seeing my contact until next week.

However I understand that much of what is being done includes operating system and content upgrades,

My contact, who also looks after screen content stuff for Twickenham, as well as all the PRL grounds, told me earlier this summer that they were looking at a second screen for the Ricoh, but didn't mention it last week. He did say that there was a delay in PRL/RFU finalising the content stuff which is taking priority because it was so late.

Roger

30 August, 2017 22:31
0 out of 3 season tickets arrived.....should I push the panic button yet? Just started a new job, so no time to call the ticket office

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net