rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Rugbypass.com
wombles222 (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 11:26
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
wombles222
Hello! Can i just recheck with you knowledgable ones out there. If i create a account for a vpn from streamvia can i then stream premiership rugby and european champions cup rugger from florida in the U.S?

I'm assuming you want to use Rugby Pass ? .... the answer should in theory be yes but I would check how good streamvia connection is when your are using the Hong Kong or Singapore VPN ..... if its slow then it may not be that good ..... also keep in mind that the speed of the connection you have in the US is important.

PM me if you need anything else as I use VPN's a lot both personally and for work and also make good use of my rugby pass subscription for my weekly rugby fix here in Dubai smiling smiley

Excellent, thankyou for the advice. Is there a better, more suitable vpn you would suggest?

ukms (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 17:49
Quote:
wombles222
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
wombles222
Hello! Can i just recheck with you knowledgable ones out there. If i create a account for a vpn from streamvia can i then stream premiership rugby and european champions cup rugger from florida in the U.S?

I'm assuming you want to use Rugby Pass ? .... the answer should in theory be yes but I would check how good streamvia connection is when your are using the Hong Kong or Singapore VPN ..... if its slow then it may not be that good ..... also keep in mind that the speed of the connection you have in the US is important.

PM me if you need anything else as I use VPN's a lot both personally and for work and also make good use of my rugby pass subscription for my weekly rugby fix here in Dubai smiling smiley

Excellent, thankyou for the advice. Is there a better, more suitable vpn you would suggest?

Personally I use ExpressVPN which offers quite a good choice of servers and multiple servers in popular locations, however I wouldn't say they are any better than anyone else. If you can choose a service that offers a free trial or at worst with only a 1 month commitment. Personally I always steer clear of anything free as there will generally be a downside.

Heathen (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 07:49
With StreamVia, you can opt in/out on a monthly basis. Once you have the software installed, it is a very painless process. Their customer service is excellent.

PhilH (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 17:12
Also remember that using a VPN with a PC is different to using it with a mobile device (e.g. iPad) . Mobile devices use location services which overrides your IP address so your actual location is known. You can't just disable Location Services as Apps will not run without them enabled (e.g. BT Sport).

ukms (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 18:55
Quote:
PhilH
Also remember that using a VPN with a PC is different to using it with a mobile device (e.g. iPad) . Mobile devices use location services which overrides your IP address so your actual location is known. You can't just disable Location Services as Apps will not run without them enabled (e.g. BT Sport).

Depends entirely on the Mobile app ..... BT sport uses location services as do some of the betting sites .... rugby pass simply uses IP address

Laterontoday (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 11:32
Sorry if this is a simply stupid question but does that mean you cannot watch btsport on an iPad using a vpn? Weather here in Greece has gone a bit stormy and I was wondering how I could watch the game tomorrow.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 13:51
Hello guys from the U.S! Well i have a vpn unfortunately i cannot run btsport as its location service notes that i am in the u.s despite tunneling the isp through the vpn. Tried turning off location services but it would not budge until i re-enabled it. Any advice?

Wombling wombles (is that a term allowed seeing how i am on my travels?)

ukms (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 14:21
Quote:
wombles222
Hello guys from the U.S! Well i have a vpn unfortunately i cannot run btsport as its location service notes that i am in the u.s despite tunneling the isp through the vpn. Tried turning off location services but it would not budge until i re-enabled it. Any advice?
Wombling wombles (is that a term allowed seeing how i am on my travels?)

Iím not aware of any way to watch BT SPORT on an iPad outside of UK. You can however use a vpn on a laptop and run bt sport via a browser. The only decent coverage I have found outside the UK is rugbypass.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 14:35
Quote:
ukms
Iím not aware of any way to watch BT SPORT on an iPad outside of UK.

Slingbox. Ofc you are talking about extra hardware cost and having the actual subscription to the channel you want to see.

bg (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 19:38
Wombles.. do you have a laptop running Win 7 or 10 or an iPad?

wombles222 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 20:37
Quote:
bg

I am running off an iPad, does that complicate matters?

ukms (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 20:40
Quote:
wombles222
Quote:
bg

I am running off an iPad, does that complicate matters?

Everyone will have their own views ..... in your position on a temporary trip I would use Rugbypass for a trial month together with the vpn you already have .... youíll then be Able to watch the game. smiling smiley

bg (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 23:10
Wombles... PM me ... It must be mid evening now if Florida

Laterontoday (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 15:43
Thank you for the advice. BT Sport unviewable outside uk via an iPad so got a weekly pass via rugby pass and vpn access via hong kong. Amazing this technology when it works.

doctorkmt1 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 15:54
Quote:
Laterontoday
Thank you for the advice. BT Sport unviewable outside uk via an iPad so got a weekly pass via rugby pass and vpn access via hong kong. Amazing this technology when it works.

Indeed amazing, but slightly frustrating that we have to resort to such measures.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net