rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

A-Team to face Sale Jets
Marconi (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 14:43
[wasps.co.uk]

15 Owain James (Wasps Academy)
14 Aaron O’Sullivan (Wasps Academy U18)
13 Guy Armitage (Senior Squad)
12 Jacob Umaga (Wasps Academy)
11 Jo Davantanilu (Army)
10 Will Millett (Nottingham RFC)
9 Will Porter (Co-captain) (Wasps Academy)
1 Ben Harris (Senior Squad)
2 T.J Harris (Senior Squad)
3 Will Stuart (Wasps Academy)
4 Tim Cardall (Nottingham RFC)
5 Guy Borrowdale (Rotherham Titans)
6 George Cox (Nottingham RFC)
7 Gabriel Oghre (Wasps Academy)
8 Tom Willis (Co-captain) (Wasps Academy)

16 Will Owen (Wasps Academy Guest)
17 George Thornton (Wasps Academy)
18 David Langley (Wasps Academy)
19 Cameron Gray (Coventry RFC)
20 Matt Dawson (Army)
21 Josh Nott (Nottingham RFC)
22 Alex Goble (Nottingham RFC)
23 Josh Grimes (Nottingham RFC)

I'm sure the "Salary Cap" people will be out in force when they see that number 20 has been coaxed out of retirement away from A Question of Sport!

Re: A-Team to face Sale Jets
COYW15 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 15:07
Nice to see Matt Dawson back in the mix after so long out.

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 15:10
11 players of the 23 not under contract with Wasps.

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 15:23
Be good to see how Guy Armitage goes again, and how Umaga and Porter continue to develop.

I actually thought the squad we put out last week looked much more experienced, but was routinely bashed about. Let's hope the line out functions better!

RossM (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 15:33
He must have put on a few pounds to be a forward replacement smiling smiley

bournender2 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 17:18
Sale have a few known names - Seymour, Charnley, Leota etc. Are we heading for a result like Falcons A? Hope not!

Sudburyandbeyond (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 19:36
Does anyone know where Connor eastgate is?

Heathen (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 21:29
Excellent win for the A team tonight.

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 04:19
Good win. Sounds like the new signing Langley was pretty involved towards the end there.

I've also noticed another new signing Oghre, who I thought was bought in as Hooker, has been starting in the back row. Is this a position change (as potential injury cover) or just a way of giving some game time to both him and TJ Harris?

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 07:07
Interesting you mention Langley. As a prop, LH or TH, he is massive. What he lacked at Cambridge was speed around the field, otherwise he would make an excellent lock as well (he is really good in the lineout). However, at Cambridge he provided cover to hide their close 9/10 channel, where their 9/10 were not able to stop the big players. There is a thread on the board about 'hiding' Cips.

Langley is an excellent tackler and rarely gets stepped, as he has very good instincts as to when someone is going to try and go past him, and to which side. His huge arms would simply swallow a scrum half.

Cambridge preferred to play him as defense in that near channel instead of fighting in the maul. Getting hit by Langley was like being hit by a freight train.

My guess is that he will spend a lot of this year conditioning his fitness, agility and speed.

I know he comes form Essex, I know he has an English name, but watch him play without that knowledge and you instantly think Pacific Islander. He has huge potential going forward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2017 07:09 by NellyWellyWaspy.

Street (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 07:07
Quote:
Sudburyandbeyond
Does anyone know where Connor eastgate is?

Saw him at training ground on crutches last week.

Spikey910 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 13:34
Quote:
Dgwasp
Good win. Sounds like the new signing Langley was pretty involved towards the end there.
I've also noticed another new signing Oghre, who I thought was bought in as Hooker, has been starting in the back row. Is this a position change (as potential injury cover) or just a way of giving some game time to both him and TJ Harris?

Ok I need to confess I've only just realised there are two Willis's playing in our back row! I was aware we had a very good young Willis beginning to break into the first team and as I hadn't really registered his first name, I assumed he was the same one turning out for The A team. I now see there's a Jack and a Tom, are they brothers?

Raggs (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 13:36
Quote:
Spikey910
Quote:
Dgwasp

Ok I need to confess I've only just realised there are two Willis's playing in our back row! I was aware we had a very good young Willis beginning to break into the first team and as I hadn't really registered his first name, I assumed he was the same one turning out for The A team. I now see there's a Jack and a Tom, are they brothers?

Yep. The younger brother is highly rated (moreso than the elder at the same age). Both look to be serious talents, and it would be nice to see them both as long term fixtures in the senior backrow.

Spikey910 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 13:42
Thanks Raggs. The media would love that given the stew (pun intended, sorry) they get into over the Curry boys at Sale. Obviously ours aren't twins, unless you mean younger by a few minutes?

Beasties (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 15:26
Interesting post about Langley Nelly, cheers.

Sudburyandbeyond (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 17:19
Thank You Street.

bournender2 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 17:43
Just been reading the Rugby Paper and there's an article on Arthur Ellis, currently at Trailfinders. Had forgotten that we had two Ellis brothers come out of the Academy - but didn't find their future with us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net