rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Programmes?
neils (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 13:29
Anyone seen any?

Re: Programmes?
Marlovian (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 14:18
Apparently are on their way and will be available at half time....

neils (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 14:29
Typical Wasps organisation which will lose them a bucket load of purchases.

WaspieKev (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 14:31
Apparently should have been here yesterday. Typical Wasps, only 150 years to prepare! Maybe if they arrive before the end of the match it would be a nice gesture for them to be handed out free of charge?

Roland Maul (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 17:58
None in the club shop at half time. Loads in the ticket office - but only if you'd pre paid. None in the concourse. Useless

WaspieKev (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 17:59
When they did turn up they were 5!

Al from Cov (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 18:23
It was advertised online all week that they were a special edition and were going to be 5

chunky24 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 18:32
Could have been a shilling or whatever they were 150 years ago!

Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:09
I suspect the powers that be will not be happy that this was messed up. This programme should have been a big deal and to not even have them available for the supporters until they were so fed up they just wanted to forget the entire game is ridiculous.

Westy68 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:31
Playing exciting free flowing rugby we make supporters depart with their money and bring more to the ground. To have such a poor showing today and pretty much so far this season is definitely going to effect income and bring New supporters to the game.

Pretty sure a few directors are going to be pretty upset tonight

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:56
I was in the Clubhouse when I saw this thread open. 15 minutes before the game, I walked out to go to the East stand, and passed three suited young folk running with a trolley carrying many boxes of programmes. They looked very stressed.

Given what I saw today, the top brass have yet to get a handle on the issues already raised. What they need is someone who knows how to manage, as opposed to someone who say they are a manager.

My daughter today had to wait over 30 minutes for two sausage rolls in the clubhouse, and when she joined the queue, there were no more than 6 in front of her.

The guy at the stand said that (again) he was refused entry to the Ricoh Arena at the contracted time (he said it was a long time he had to wait), and that, again, they were given only one oven to use instead of two. wait, I said all this a couple of weeks ago.

Lack of effective management. I give not a jot whether it is a contractor of a Wasps employee, someone is not doing their job.

As has been pointed out here, this is not the first time this season this programme c@ckup has happened either.

Just saying.

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 20:03
Quote:
neils
Anyone seen any?

Maybe they were sent to Wycombe? Or next year's location?

Mark62 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 20:12
Programme not being available until half time was laughable. Just as bad is the choice of using the toilets and getting a hot drink during half time. The youngster serving the queue I was in appeared to be staring at the cash register as if it was the first time she had ever seen one. Admittedly she wasn't helped by punters who can spend 15mins in a queue and still not know what they want when they get to the front. Already don't purchase food in the stadium will now probably bring a flask

Ardenwasp (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 20:23
Quote:
NellyWellyWaspy
Given what I saw today, the top brass have yet to get a handle on the issues already raised. What they need is someone who knows how to manage, as opposed to someone who say they are a manager.

Andy Gibb???

01 October, 2017 20:36
Hasn't the food and drink been tendered out to Compass?

The top brass were aware of what is said here, so they know what the situation is. I suspect someone will be looking at whether they are meeting KPIs and deciding what to do if they aren't.

Ardenwasp (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 20:45
Or we can let them know what our KPIs are I.e, not waiting 40 minutes for a drink or a pie in the clubhouse. You can tweet their (compass/Levy) Ricoh head of F&B operations at @markoshea8 and let him know what you think.
(His personal twitter thought I might add he does use to promote Ricoh compass stuff so fair game Id say.... now if I actually had a twitter account, of to get one now).

01 October, 2017 20:51
The simple fact is that if it takes longer to get food/drink than there is at half time people simply won't bother.

Lost revenues, disappointed customers, and reduced chance of repeat business. Not a great model.

I love the team, I love the arena, and I have a massive amount of respect for Derek as a person and a businessman. But something needs to change about his, it is embarassing that people dont have time to go to the loo and then get a drink and a bite to eat without missing the rugby.

Mark62 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 11:41
Compass Levy only have the Ricoh contract until 2030. I will save a fortune. Seriously though there is a decent choice of food in the retail park next door. I accept that food and drink isn't the main reason to attend the games but it does make up part of the day. The catering situation doesn't seem to have improved since the opening game and can't see it improving while people are prepared to wait for ages. the food is comparable in price to other venues but in other venues the service is much faster. I don't blame the people working there but the organisation which seems to be happy with the situation to continue. I have emailed compass about my customer experience.

WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 12:17
We now take soup/sarnies/water/etc for half-time as we have a long journey to and from the Ricoh, like many others. So Comp-ass Levy (or whoever) have already lost us and our cash. And no queuing either.

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 13:41
The one thing I like about the Stoop (just about the only thing) is their speed of service in the bar, delivered with a smile. They seem well trained, and can serve quickly, looking up to work out who is next. We need to replicate that.

In the Clubhouse, apart from one young lady, the servers mostly seem clueless, not only on how to serve efficiently, but on how to pull a pint (and I mean A PINT - not a short measure, which seems to be the norm - not only bad service but illegal too!).

So like others we now take our own food. Its unfortunate that Wasps miss out on their share of the takings, and the sooner Compass are ousted the better IMHO.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net