rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Wade 2018-19 Rumours
NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 17:28
RugbyInsideLine:

[twitter.com]

Re: Wade 2018-19 Rumours
Gaz (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 17:35
Don't blame him if true.

neils (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 17:47
Yes can see it.

bg (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 17:56
Or is it agents leaking information to try and bump up a new future contract with Wasps. If there is any truth in it though I can't blame him. He's been with Wasps for ages so having realised there's very little likelihood of being picked for England he might want a different challenge in a different country.

I'm not sure how long is left on Robson's contract but if he is continually over-looked by England then I can see the same thing happening

Jack9909 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 18:05
Wouldn't be surprised but the last wasps rumour released by this account was Sam Jones to quins, which the club immediately denied.

So take it with a pinch of salt

Bracken&Macken (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 18:46
He has been an absolute pleasure to watch in a Wasps shirt and hope we see him for many more years, however he will never get a shot with England so you couldn't blame him.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 19:06
I can't open the Twitter link..what's it say?

bg (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 19:14
"TRANSFER RUMOUR: Marland Yarde and Christian Wade are both floating their CVs around France currently. All depends on 2019 England chances."

Ardenwasp (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 19:25
Looks like clickbait with no supporting evidence to me.

Raggs (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 19:50
To temper it a little, this is the same guy who reckoned that Sam Jones was off.

COYW15 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 20:59
Would like to think Christian would have ambitions of breaking the all-time try-scoring record before moving on.

WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 21:15
Hopefully Eddie Jones will move on first.

Andy1210 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 21:26
Thanks Eddie - first Sam Jones, then TT and now Wadey. Whatever did we do to upset you so much...(Sm100)

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 06:06
Assuming Wade has an agent, no doubt they are looking to assess his potential market value and there is no better place to do that than in France. All this story says to me is two players contracts may well be up at the end of the season and absolutely nothing more.

Wasps probably won't be able to afford the same wages within the salary cap and therefore it will be down to Wade to decide how much lower he is willing to go to remain with Wasps. He has seen long term team mates Launch and Daly get big contracts and aspires for the same. I can't blame him to be honest.

Easily the best finisher in the league with a lot more to give so it would be sad to see him go... If he does.

Hulk (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 07:10
Second a team play badly, agents will
Use it to get salaries up. Will believe it when I see it.

Green Wasp (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 08:52
Yes it's been miles wide of the mark with Sam Jones but it's also been accurate; it was first to reveal Biggar, Brussow etc moves- first also to publish news of Manu's recent injury before any media pundits got wind of it. Entirely possible.... sadly.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 09:09
Until you hear that we are interested in your players and have offered them 1M a season to play for us it's not an "official" rumour winking smiley

Raggs (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 10:16
Quote:
Green Wasp
Yes it's been miles wide of the mark with Sam Jones but it's also been accurate; it was first to reveal Biggar, Brussow etc moves- first also to publish news of Manu's recent injury before any media pundits got wind of it. Entirely possible.... sadly.

He obviously has some contacts, but I don't recall him being particularly early or accurate with any Wasps news. I know he's a saints fan, and does seem to have inside men/man there, but to be so far off with Jones, suggests his info on Wasps wasn't particularly accurate in the past, think he jumped on the bandwagon for the Simpson to Gloucester one too.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 13:39
Worth noting that just because something doesn't happen doesn't mean it was never talked about or on the cards at some point. Other side of the coin is just because it was talked about doesn't mean it was EVER on the cards depending on the quality of the source.

Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 14:49
Wade's playing alongside two of the best traveled English players of this generation. I wonder if he hears tales of France and of down under and wonders what could be...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net