rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Wade 2018-19 Rumours
Raggs (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 15:50
The Simpson to Gloucester rumour was entirely fictional, as admitted by the guy who started it, wanting to see how far it would go, the answer was everywhere took it up.

And let's be honest, if Wade and Yarde's contracts are up, then agents exploring their options is hardly groundbreaking news, it's what an agent should be doing.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 21:45
We should break the bank to keep Wade here. His value to us would be at least similar, if not greater, than Beale's last year for example- in terms of both what he adds to the team and bums on seats, and clearly more than any player who plays for England regularly.

A lot of talk about paying established players less is fair enough, but which ones is the key I would wager that Haskell is not as valuable to us as he was because of his injury record and recent form and the fact that if he regains top form he will be off with England.
Contrast with Wade, who has been excellent (not withstanding our latest few games where he got zero decent ball) and is younger.

A lot of talk about writing the title off is wide of the mark for me too- even if we are 2/6 or 2/7 we have seen plenty come back from that before to top 4.

timbo001 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 09:59
Iím really not convinced by this idea that pervades that any old Ďfringeí England player can wander off to France and earn outrageous sums of money. At least, not loads more than they can earn by staying put. Iím sure Wade will get offered a great contract by Wasps, although he may end up leaving to try something different.

brandnewtorugby (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 12:07
I could see him going somewhere like NZ or Aus just for the fun of it, why not, it won't affect his prospects for England.

As a Wasps and Wade supporter I really hope not.

Rob Smith (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 12:33
I would be very surprised. A move as suggested to me would be very much not in line with his character, likes being close to his family, friends and the stability. Why would you leave a club that plays the way that suits you down to the ground - money I guess but happiness for him will also be major

[robsbl0g.blogspot.co.uk]
@robsmithrugby

james46 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 18:25
Quote:
Rob Smith
I would be very surprised. A move as suggested to me would be very much not in line with his character, likes being close to his family, friends and the stability. Why would you leave a club that plays the way that suits you down to the ground - money I guess but happiness for him will also be major

Is Coventry close to his family? Hmmm

WiseWasps! (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 18:40
Closer than France you plank

wombles222 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 18:56
I think it could be possible, Wade is box office, and if he sees no hope in getting into the england squad and if we continue to struggle why would he not be tempted? His career deseves silverwear and if we cannot provide it he is good enough to play in teams that are able to win things.

bargepole (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 22:00
Other than for the money, I can't imagine why anyone would want to go and play in France.

Top 10 reasons why France is sh1te:

1) Their Top 14 is snail-pace rugby, played by a load of fat barstewards barging into each other
2) The language is a joke, they can't be bothered to pronounce half the letters
3) Cars - Peugeot, Renault, Citroen - all utter junk
4) Shops. None of them are ever open, all the lazy gits are asleep behind the window shutters
5) Roads - costly tolls every 100 metres
6) Paris Metro - after going on that, you realise how lucky we are to have the Tube in London
7) Marseilles. France's second city makes you actually appreciate Birmingham
8) Food, try getting decent French cuisine anywhere and you probably won't
9) TV. Unwatchable garbage, even if you are fluent in the language
10) The TGV. Goes from Paris to Milan at 188mph, and they charge you 17 euros for a plastic plate of mush that even Ryanair would be ashamed of.

Wadey will be much better off staying with us.

Wasps supporter and ex-player since 1964

matelot22 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 00:12
Quote:
bargepole
Other than for the money, I can't imagine why anyone would want to go and play in France.
Top 10 reasons why France is sh1te:

1) Their Top 14 is snail-pace rugby, played by a load of fat barstewards barging into each other
2) The language is a joke, they can't be bothered to pronounce half the letters
3) Cars - Peugeot, Renault, Citroen - all utter junk
4) Shops. None of them are ever open, all the lazy gits are asleep behind the window shutters
5) Roads - costly tolls every 100 metres
6) Paris Metro - after going on that, you realise how lucky we are to have the Tube in London
7) Marseilles. France's second city makes you actually appreciate Birmingham
8) Food, try getting decent French cuisine anywhere and you probably won't
9) TV. Unwatchable garbage, even if you are fluent in the language
10) The TGV. Goes from Paris to Milan at 188mph, and they charge you 17 euros for a plastic plate of mush that even Ryanair would be ashamed of.

Wadey will be much better off staying with us.

And this is why we need a like button.(Sm100)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net