rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Morning All!
NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 07:41
Been up watching the Japanese F1 GP. I shall be watching later on TV. Was ill all day yesterday, but a lot better this morning, but will be taking it easy.

Weather looks great here, but I am nearly 100 miles away from Allianz Park.

Up against it today, 3rd from bottom of the league, with a side stripped of many of our 'stars'. I am hoping that the boys have been told to have some fun. Definitely the underdogs.

#COYW

Re: Morning All!
ElliesBoss (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 07:46
Morning Nelly. Dull grey weather here in HW. Feel for the boys this afternoon but as you say they've just got to go out, try their best, learn and have fun. COYW.

Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 07:48
Morning All.

Not looking forward to this one, I hope a few people can step up, but not really expecting anything other than a pasting.

Chilham (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 08:03
Morning Nelly', morning all

Got a shed-load of work to do today, mostly preparation for upcoming work. Probably won't get it all done but eggs for breakfast then straight to it, so I can hide behind the cushions in front of the telly at 15:00.

We're going to get creamed today. I'd loved to be proved entirely wrong and `I'm desperately hoping it's a beating, and not a thrashing.

Come on .... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!

[onceawasp.com]

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 08:08
Morning Nelly, Ellie and Velly. I'm going to be bullish and hope the spirit of the 150 glorious years rises up and the boys stand up and fight. Would surprise the arrayed Galacticos that will rumble out onto the hallowed plastic turf of Allianz Park. Evoke Dunkirk, Spanish Armada, Agincourt - that's enough Ed. Lets go at em. No other option.
Lovely day here on Kent / Sussex border, fed the chickens, doves, dogs and cats and will be counting down the hours to the David v Goliath show.
Come on Wasps - whatever happens we are with you - safe travels all heading to North London

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 08:13
Good morning Wasps.

Wishing all travelling support a safe journey and I hope that we see a great game of rugby. Cheers (Sm42)

Heathen (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 08:14
Morning all. Weather set fair now the sun's up. Settee booked for 3pm.

No great expectations today but all I hope for, is that we are competent in all phases of the game.

Just hoping that the Bath game was our watershed moment. After all, who would have thought that Glaws would have played like they did against saints yesterday after conceding 57 points to Sale the previous week.

Safe travels to all heading to Allianz.

#COYW

greenwood (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 08:18
Mourning All. Sorry morning all..

First coach trip of the season 53 of us coming up from Kent.
Another 18 making their own way there.

Gonna bit a bit glum on the way home !!

Raggs (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 08:19
Morning all!

Actually looking forward to this one. Don't see that we can get anything out of it, so just want to see how players go. Excited about Willis, and very interested in how Miller goes at 10.

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 08:25
Morning all, have a lot of things to get done this morning before being able to entertain watching some Rugby this afternoon. I'm feeling fairly relaxed about today's game, not high on expectation but always hoping. Hopefully the players will be fairly relaxed and just see what they can do against the best team in the league.... And probably Europe.

COYW

Harry the Wasp (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 08:37
Morning Nelly et al,

Expecting a few round later as we have BT followed by a celebration or wake in the village pub afterwards. Expecting wake, hoping for celebration!

CB Wasp (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 09:15
Morning all. Not going to Allianz this time although I know that i would be looking forward to it if I were. Actually I never really enjoy the watching experience there in those temporary stand things on the side opposite the main stand.
I have a feeling that we may do ok in the first half only to be blown away in the second. I am looking forward to seeing how our new guys and new combinations get on.

The feeling that I have for this one is quite similar to a few seasons ago when we just didn't expect to win away games. We have a better team now even with the injury ravaged side so we have to step up and play as hard as we can and fast as we can.

COYW

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 10:17
Having carefully avoided all the doom and gloom this week, setting off in a couple of hours to Allianz Park.... memories of the St Valentines day massacre still clear in my mind.
on wards and upwards, only 5 days till Belfast...

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

WaspieKev (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 10:21
Morning all. Beautiful morning here near Watford and will be heading down to Allianz Park at 115 to what is our local club! Actually looking forward to this one and have a feeling we'll give Sarries a good run for their money. A LBP will be fine, then it's onwards and upwards to Ulster on Friday. COYW!!!

Gilmore00 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 10:22
Hello Waspies,

Saracens fan here.

Im looking forward to the game today and I think its going to be a lot closer than a lot of the posts here! I'm nervous! When was the last time you guys lost 4 in a row!? Saracens arent firing on all cylinders and could easily be caught out or have a slow start!

Enjoy the game and safe travels to those travelling smiling smiley

Westy68 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 10:53
Morning everyone. Itís been a long time since i woke up and not excited about the game. To be honest Iím already thinking about the Ulster game on Friday as I think that will be a great game.

Just hope itís not as bad as the defeat at Franklin Gardens. I think the last time we lost 4 in a row was 2 1/2 years ago. It was the last time we lost 3 in a row.

So disappointed still by the Bath defeat has I Didnt rate baths team and we were at home.

Next league game away to Saints, should have a few players back for that game. Desperately need a win there.

Iím sure the players will try their best

Gaz (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 11:07
Morning all

My first live game of the season so I am looking forward to it, I too am hopeful that we will not get a thrashing and just want to see some encouraging signs, but then when in the last few years could you be confident of a result at Saracens?

This is a no pressure situation because no one expects anything of us, so I am aiming to enjoy the day and give the boys a bit of support.

Have a good one everyone.

COYW!

brandnewtorugby (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 11:21
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

I am really looking forward to seeing how these players get on against a very strong team. We are very much the underdogs because of the huge number of changes in one go, depth of injury losses and poor recent form but at least that removes some pressure of expectation. This is the moment many of those players have been waiting for, I am sure they will give a good account of themselves and no matter what result I will be supporting them all the way.

Come on you Wasps.

Not so

Heathen (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 11:30
Quote:
ricohchezwasp
Having carefully avoided all the doom and gloom this week, setting off in a couple of hours to Allianz Park.... memories of the St Valentines day massacre still clear in my mind.
on wards and upwards, only 5 days till Belfast...

Where was the doom and gloom? People were only expressing their own opinions as to what they perceived, which was in reality, a below par performance. Even Dai said it was.

If all you can do on here is to snipe at others it's your call. Still, you and your merry men, do no different on the Insane Wasps site.

Andy1210 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 11:41
Morning all,

Beautiful morning in Devon feeling rather like calm before the storm at Allianz Park. Took me a few pints to bring myself to look at the league table last night and quickly put it away again. With today followed by Saints away I canít see when this Premiership nightmare is going to end.

Iím off for a surf this afternoon as this hurts too much, but hope some youngsters put down a marker for the future today.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net