rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Ref link
Laterontoday (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 14:56
Has anyone heard anymore when this will be working or at least when the headsets will be available. I know itís working at the Ricoh because a mate used his set at the Quinnís game in September. Most clubs seem to have their installations up and running yet there hasnít been any mention from wasps.

Re: Ref link
NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 15:38
I think there was a supporters meeting, at which Wasps said that they were working on it and it might be built in to an app? I thought a Sale supporter said that the new ones work at all stadiums. On the Sale site, I think that is what it says when buying from them. I think Wasps wanted to make it cheap (i.e. free), hence the proposed use of a phone app.

Steve. S (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 20:06
You can by the headsets from the shop. They are supposed to work at all Stadiums.

Heaven was full, Hell thought I was going to take over.

Heathen (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 21:33
Does anyone know if the kit is the same as the ones that we had at AP a few years ago? I still have sets.

20 October, 2017 21:35
I thought the whole idea was an "App" coupled with the great Erickson connectivity?

neils (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 21:38
Well the "connectivity" is in place and working well.

bg (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 08:39
Neils - Do you happen to know what frequency it's broadcast on.

neils (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 08:50
Sorry what I meant was the WiFi is in place at last and is strong all around the bowl and concourse areas. This was seen as necessary to get any info like ref-link to everyone. They trialed it towards the end of last season without letting on and continued into pre-season before launching formally. So i see no reason why we can't get the "add-ons" now unless with typical wasps planning they have not yet got it organised!

RossM (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 09:13
An app? My phone doesn't do apps. Well, at least my phone wouldn't run out of charge by half time.

bg (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 09:13
Sounds like Wasps/Erikson are over complicating matters. An online (App) ref link will surely have a delay of 3 - 4 secs? Why don't they simply transmit via a radio frequency?

Laterontoday (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 09:39
Ref link already seems to work using the radio sets available from other clubs. A friend had a set he purchased at saints and used it at the quinns game. What I donít understand if it already works why arent wasps telling fans so we can buy a radio set. Might stop some of the booing if we understand what the ref has penalised and why. I was asking because iíll buy a set next week at Franklinís gardens but would rather put my Ďhard earntí into wasps coffers than another club.

bg (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 11:23
Silverstone broadcasts commentary via a radio frequency which only travels about 4 miles.

I'm guessing this is what clubs are doing but if the radio set (earpiece) works at numerous clubs then a preset frequency must have been agreed on by all the clubs.... and this will have to been agreed by various govt depts.

My guess its that its 87.7FM... and most Android based phones have radio receivers.

The question is whether Wasps have signed up for it or not.... or are they going to push the online app version

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 11:44
I cannot recall when it was said on this forum, but my understanding is that all clubs now use the same frequency to allow a much better experience for all concerned. Sale told their fans to buy this:

[shop.salesharks.com]

As it works at the Ricoh. Why isn't Wasps selling one I have to ask?

anderm (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 17:52
Was told the headsets were for sale in the shop at the last match.

anderm (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 19:56
It was working well today.

neils (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 19:59
Where did you get the apparatus as the shop had none.

chunky24 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 20:02
Quote:
anderm

I thought it worked the opposite way today, we shout at the referee until he takes notice of us and looks at the screen. While it went in our favour today not sure it sits comfortably with me the way this seems to happen in games now.

Raggs (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 05:31
Quote:
chunky24
Quote:
anderm

I thought it worked the opposite way today, we shout at the referee until he takes notice of us and looks at the screen. While it went in our favour today not sure it sits comfortably with me the way this seems to happen in games now.

Think it's more you guys shout, the TMO takes a look, and lets the ref know if the crowd were just being noisy or actually saw something.

anderm (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 09:38
Quote:
neils
Where did you get the apparatus as the shop had none.

I actually bought mine whilst at the Sarries game (and immediately removed the sarries sticker on it)
Saw some quins fans wearing theirs as well.

I've never seen them in the shop but was told they had some a couple of weeks ago.

Lwasp (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 13:32
That Sale fan radio looks exactly the same design as the Sky Sports cricket ones, I wonder if they'll work?

The problem with routing the ref link via an app is it can have a significant delay. I found that at the cricket using the BBC app on my phone to listen to TMS, by ball 4 of the first over the Opera singer was still banging out Jerusalem on the streamed feed.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net