rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
England Casualties
Rifleman Harris (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 16:18
BBC reporting Johnny May and Launch crocked in England training already. Launch has a 'knock to the knee', but I didn't hear what May has.

Re: England Casualties
Raggs (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 16:21
It reads in the Telegraph as though Launch came into camp with the knock, along with a few others from the weekends games.

May was in training, and Marcus Smith is the most serious, when he stubbed his foot on the ground...

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 16:22
Hopefully it is only a minor contact injury for Launch. I'd have thought May would jump straight into the side with Daly dropping out...... Dare I say it... Do we know of any other wingers...?

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 16:26
Denny’s fit, have no fear. And Roko is a good bet to start now.

Raggs (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 16:27
Quote:
Buzzboy

Denny has an achilles issue from the weekend.

will311293 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 16:42
May has a hamstring injury and is almost defiantly ruled out - Sky reports.

I do have to say that I don't know what Jones does at his training camps but there seems to be a consistent injury problem. Probably being a bit unfair but keeps cropping up.

So which other winger would come in and which lock if both out?

I reckon they may bring in Armand as a No.8 as we are well covered in the lock position or maybe Robson (praying) as short at scrum half.

As for winger.... Wade? Bassett? Yarde ?(unlikely), woodburn? Trinder (centre/wing)?Earle? Marchant?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 16:53
Marchant is a centre. I would pick Woodburn or Earle

welsh wasp (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 17:07
And apparently England and Wales are having a joint training session next Monday and EJ wants it to be a hard one. Even more injuries?! With some Welsh ones added on!!

mike909 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 18:01
Quote:
Raggs
Quote:
Buzzboy

Denny has an achilles issue from the weekend.

Is that a physical or metaphorical problem????

Bracken&Macken (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 19:04
Eddie Jones pointlessly breaks England rugby players straight after prolonged period of intense club matches.

In other news grass is green and the sun is hot.

Is getting ridiculous.

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 20:03
From the story, the only players he broke are May who has a hamstring injury and Smith from quins, Launchbury and the other players have injuries picked up from the weekend and with the lions players rested so far, he has moved training to Thursday. Don't think Eddie can be blamed here

coddy (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 20:29
So only 2 in the first days training!!!!

How many more days of training are there before the players go back to their clubs?

will311293 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 21:43
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Marchant is a centre. I would pick Woodburn or Earle

True he is, mentioned as i still think we are light in the centres.. I'm not entirely convinced that we need Francis, Smith and Loz in the squad especially as we have Farrell who can play both and slade who can play 12 or 13 if Farrell lets say went to 10.

the only real centres are Farrell, Slade, Joseph . I know Francis and Loz could play there but we must have other options available to us??

Trinder has been superb, Marchant is a great player or maybe a Sam James or Max Clark... just not comfortable with so many '10's' as Francis and Loz are seen playing centres... Farrell is a different story.

But back to my original point... my heart says Wade or Bassett my head says Nathan Earle.

RossM (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 23:17
EJ would rather down a fresh dog t*rd than pick Wadey now.

bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 06:05
Barnetsarrie how dare you come onto the wasps board with facts and ruin a perfectly good anti Eddue Jones rant.......

Raggs (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 06:08
Quote:
bald.paul.101
Barnetsarrie how dare you come onto the wasps board with facts and ruin a perfectly good anti Eddue Jones rant.......

I did try and cut off those rants, with just the 2nd post in the thread, but apparently I wasn't quick enough... grinning smiley

bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 07:05
Full marks for trying Raggs. smiling smiley

brandnewtorugby (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 07:29
In fairness I think the tendancy to rant is because we are sensitised, since Sam in particular. Accidents happen, but are foreseeable the day after a premiership game.

Raggs (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 07:31
Quote:
brandnewtorugby
In fairness I think the tendancy to rant is because we are sensitised, since Sam in particular. Accidents happen, but are foreseeable the day after a premiership game.

Yes, but Marcus Smith stubbed his foot, and a hamstring injury on a winger could be nothing, Wade did his bending down to pick up a ball once. The others were from the weekends games, nothing to do with Eddie.

Rifleman Harris (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 09:00
Fair enough...the way it was reported it sounded like they were training injuries. I noticed today they are saying the only fit winger is Marcus Watson.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net