rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Should We Have One on Our Books?
RossM (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 09:07
Witch-doctor has banished my injury curse, says Manu Tuilagi

Manu Tuilagi has made the extraordinary claim that the injury problems which have blighted him in recent years are over following a visit to a witch-doctor in Samoa who apparently exorcised a curse caused by three evil ghouls.

Tuilagi visited the nation of his birth last week upon the advice of his mother, who suggested seeing the spiritual healer after serious groin, hamstring and knee strains significantly disrupted his playing time for England and Leicester since 2014.

According to the 26-year-old, he made the hour-long boat ride from Samoa’s mainland to the island of Upolu from Monday to Thursday where the potentially deadly female spirits were banished by balming him with Fijian oil.

“I saw the witch-doctor for two hours a day and she said she found what the illness was,” Tuilagi said on BT Sport Rugby Tonight. “She massaged my whole body – all I needed was a towel and a Fijian oil.

“She was half Fijian and half Samoan and found there were three lady spirits who had married themselves on to me for the last three years. The witch-doctor told me that was why I had been injured. The spirits wanted me for themselves – they wanted to punish me and injuring me was the way to do it. Every time I played – bang. Now they have gone.

“But maybe when it comes out in this newspaper they will know again? This is the first time I have done it and I hope to be back playing in mid-December.”

Tuilagi visited Samoa with the blessing of Leicester’s director of rugby Matt O’Connor and club physio Ed Hollis and had to be accompanied by his brother Alessana at all times throughout the healing process.

“Hopefully when I come back and play for a long period of time, they’ll have to sack all the physios” Tuilagi said in jest. “I was always with my brother Alex. The conditions of the treatment meant I wasn’t able to go anywhere on my own.

“I wasn’t allowed to sleep in the room by myself so me and Alex set up a little camp in the living room in front of the TV. In most of these cases back home, the girls end up taking their victims alive and will never be seen.”

Tuilagi had endured a troubled time during the repeated injury setbacks, reaching a peak when he was sent home from an England camp in August by Eddie Jones following a late night drinking session with Denny Solomana.

“Eddie was disappointed but we talked and I explained my reasons and he understood,” said the player. “Mentally, it was a factor. It was frustration at not being able to do what I wanted to do on the training pitch and that came into it. We just stayed out a bit later than everyone else. That’s it. It’s unacceptable. I was in bed by 4am though. Whatever has happened has happened, it’s gone and I will move forward.”

Re: Should We Have One on Our Books?
WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 09:28
We probably need a lot more than just one.

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 11:13
Well who's responsible for Daly's recovery?

matelot22 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 11:34
Quote:
Nomad_Wasp
Well who's responsible for Daly's recovery?

Okay, I'll admit it, it was me. I threw a potion of ground unicorn horn blended with dodo feathers onto the pitch at the Ricoh and muttered an incantation at the entrance to the tunnel. Hey presto!! You can send your thanks by way of cash or cider to me(Sm100)(Sm128)

Petergwilson (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 12:17
The guy's an idiot.

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 12:22
Why? Because he has a religious belief? Don't see why it bothers people so much.

Petergwilson (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 12:47
It doesn't bother me. He's still an idiot.

RossM (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 14:59
The guy's an idiot.

Time will tell.

Rowdy (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 16:19
Time has told....Jumping off ferries, late night drinking, juvenile photo antics. The guy's an idiot....

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 16:45
Quote:
Petergwilson

For what? Sounds like you think he's an idiot for believing in something that you evidently don't.

Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 17:18
Quote:
Nomad_Wasp
Quote:
Petergwilson

For what? Sounds like you think he's an idiot for believing in something that you evidently don't.

Are you suggesting that believing in something means it isn't idiotic?

RossM (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 21:49
Time has told....Jumping off ferries, late night drinking, juvenile photo antics. The guy's an idiot....

Should he become injury free (probably unlikely, I know), then who is the idiot?

09 November, 2017 22:03
Fella's done plenty of idiotic things, time will tell if this is another one.................Times up, yes this is another one!

Rifleman Harris (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 09:27
Personally I do think the guy does idiotic things and quite often too...but having a belief in something isn't one of them. It's not for us to judge...he may be right, he may be wrong, whatever. It is helping him (if nothing else it gives him something to hold on to during the injuries) and that is fine.

WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 11:23
On second thoughts, maybe we already do have one or two as that would explain Elliot's Miraculous Recovery wouldn't it.

Bzzzzz (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 13:07
How rude of you people to call him an idiot. It shows your ignorance very clearly, probably Torygraph readers, brexiteers with a predudice, ignorance and fear of anything slightly off white.....

If you have a belief it is not for anyone else to criticise. Isn't it against the law in Samoa or maybe another South sea island to forget your wife's birthday? Seems mad to me but good for the wives.....

I believe tree hugging has beneficial effects, there is science to back it up, other folk think I am nuts....?

Westy68 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 14:13
He signed for tigers, he must be an idiot. For anyone who takes life far too seriously, that is a joke

Petergwilson (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 14:31
Bzzzzzz. Seems you are the rude one. I said he was an idiot. I didn't say anything about his beliefs. You and others have inferred something and, without checking, you have decided that I'm a racist. If you knew me you would know just how wrong that is. I find your accusation highly offensive. I'm glad you don't know me and I hope never to know you.

Chilham (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 14:43
Quote:
Bzzzzz
... If you have a belief it is not for anyone else to criticise...

Why?

[onceawasp.com]

Gaz (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:31
I'd say it very much depends on the belief.

This on the face of it doesn't seem a problem, as long as Manu gives credit and gratitude to the medical staff who are actually helping him to recover. No reason to suggest he isn't given this is about future injuries.

There are plenty of very harmful beliefs that certainly do need to be challenged.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net