rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Launchbury turns Sale down
NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 11:16
According to The Rugby Paper:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DObM0u2X4AAlYLt.jpg:large

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2017 06:28 by NellyWellyWaspy.

Re: Launbury turns Sale down
CB Wasp (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 11:36
Really good news however I wonder how serious Launchers was in taking this Sale move vs making sure he got the right deal from Wasps. He seems like a big family man who has settled very well to his home and married life.

Once a Wasp .....

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 11:42
Whether he was seriously considering it or not, £2.5m over 5 years is a serious salary for the top players.

steve from cov (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 12:44
The RP is reporting that Brendan Macken is likely to leave.

Bad news. Very good player and appears to be a top bloke.

Marconi (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 14:04
I thought that Prem clubs couldn't talk to other Prem players till January? Or does Agent-to-club not count?

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 14:31
Maken offers a lot for a second choice. Could easily be in a starting slot at some clubs.

Bracken&Macken (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 16:59
Macken leaving wouldn’t be a shock, good player who would get more game time elsewhere.

If Jimmy moves to twelve and Umaga comes through the centre should be ok depth wise. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Marcus Watson try a bit of 13 at one stage. Looks built for it.

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 17:29
Quote:
Marconi
I thought that Prem clubs couldn't talk to other Prem players till January? Or does Agent-to-club not count?

Ha! Do you think Dimes would be fused about that. Let's hope we hear some good news about a contract extension with Wasps soon then. I guess we're most likely to find out once players are back from the AI's...

Raggs (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 17:58
Agent to club doesn't count I don't think. Every club does it regardless so I'm not going to condemn anyone for it.

Hucks (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 19:14
Macken would be a shame but not a tragedy. We can't expect to keep everyone - players like macken, rieder, maybe hampson....shouldn't have to settle for being a 3rd, 4th or 5th choice. They are good enough to be regulars in a lot of matchday 23s.

What we need is the
Production line and scouting system to ensure when those guys do move on we have the next gems to bring in and develop.

welsh wasp (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 19:23
Diamond seems to be over-focussed on stealing someone from Wasps because he has lost so many good players to us.
I can't imagine that Yarde will enjoy himself at Sale, whatever the money. What has happened to the RL wing Charnley that Diamind enticed to Sale?

Raggs (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 19:25
Macken could be starting 23 material for the right club. Reider absolutely, but he's already re-signed! Hampson I'm not so sure, his passing is very erratic, he fits our gamestyle well with the pace he can play at, but I don't think a side would want to rely on him to start too often.

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 19:48
I see that the rugby forum is trying to start a rumour to say that Tommy Taylor is off now based on Wasps having a bad culture... Some people do talk tripe!

I can see Macken moving on, it's a shame and he has served us well when called upon, he just hasn't quite had the opportunity to get a real run in the team.

Getting Launch signed up on a long term deal will be great news for the club, perhaps not strictly an academy product but certainly someone who has been developed through the Wasps coaching system and a great guy!

ukms (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 21:20
Quote:
Marconi

They can’t but it’s not a Prem club .... rumoured to be off to Bristol and the rule doesn’t apply to them.

Hangover (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 22:21
Well if Joe has re-signed that is great news - well done to him and the club. A top bloke and player whom we need to keep in the B&G if we are to win the big trophies.

jonnydeane (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 23:53
Spot on ukms, looks like Bristol are looking at Macken to replace Hurrell who is off to Edinburgh

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 08:13
Quote:
welsh wasp
Diamond seems to be over-focussed on stealing someone from Wasps because he has lost so many good players to us.
I can't imagine that Yarde will enjoy himself at Sale, whatever the money. What has happened to the RL wing Charnley that Diamind enticed to Sale?

I thought he was likely heading back, with a team after him. With Yarde and Denny S their wings it would seem likely.

Re: Launchbury turns Sale down
will311293 (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 08:13
Different topic slightly but related to this... has anyone heard of these Shark Tank boys ? rumours seem to spring up from them regarding players all the time, mentioned launchbury and now TT as well....

Any truth to these rumours or just a case of long shots and warped transfer rumour concepts.

InbetweenWasp (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 09:32
Quote:
will311293
Different topic slightly but related to this... has anyone heard of these Shark Tank boys ?

Nope. Who/where?

will311293 (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 10:40
Seem to be commented on by the Sale Sharks forum a lot, seems to be some Sale podcast by all accounts

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net