rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Team for the weekend vs Newcastle
GeorgeTheWasp (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 12:07
So back to the Premiership this weekend at the Ricoh, I fully expect the big guns to be back out where possible. I'd personally like to see something like:

1) McIntyre
2) Johnson
3) JCW
4) Symons
5) Rowlands
6) Haskell/Thompson
7) Young
8) Carr

9) Robson
10) Jimmy
11) Bassett
12) JdeJ
13) Macken
14) Wade
15 WLR

Tough call with the back row actually but then with a bench then made up out of some of Charles or TJ, Marty, PDJ, Gaskell, Willis, Simmo, Miller, Armitage, anyone know if Kyle/Gaby are fully fit again yet?

Still another must-win game in my opinion - we need to take advantage of still having a strong squad during the internationals!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2017 12:09 by GeorgeTheWasp.

Re: Team for the weekend vs Newcastle
Heathen (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 12:15
If Falcons play the game that they have over the previous two matches, it should be a cracker.

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 12:32
I am thinking we will see Nathan Charles at hooker with Ashley on the bench. I also think Lovobalavu with be fit, and, for good measure, I think Cips will be too. His latest Instagram walls show him running up and down stairs/steps. I suspect Kyle is now fit also.

Suddenly we have a squad in the backs.

GeorgeTheWasp (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 12:50
Nathan and Ashley will be good to be able to switch between them for sure

I definitely don't think we will see Cips until maybe the Gloucester game on 23rd December, maybe not until after Christmas. Rehab is a slow process and I would rather he was 100% before starting him again.

Being able to select Kyle or Gaby in the centres again would be a big boost though!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2017 12:50 by GeorgeTheWasp.

Westy68 (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 12:57
This is going to be a really tough game that we must win. I thought Gaby will be back for this game so would definitely have him playing. Hopefully Kyle is fit.

Must play Guy Thompson at 6 or 8, itís between Haskell and Carr who will be on the bench.

I will be amazed if Cips is available I also believe the Bath game is likely to be the one he come back. At best the week before

DGPWasp (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 15:09
Will be interesting to see who's fit after a couple of weekends off. Also is there not a chance well have Launch back? Maro will be back in for England so only room for 2 more locks, and currently seems to be Kruis and Lawes in favour. Could end up with one of Maro or Lawes starting at 6 and Launch keeping his bench spot though.

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 09:34
Given the pretty good news from Broadstreet this week I think I'd like to see:

1 McIntyre
2 TJ Harris
3 JCW
4 Gaskell
5 Symons (or Rowlands if not fit)
6 Thompson (I think I should be saying Willis...)
7 Young
8 Carr

9 Robson
10 Gopperth
11 Bassett
12 JdJ
13 Gaby
14 Wade
15 WLR

16 Charles
17 Ben Harris
18 Marty Moore
19 Rowlands\Symons
20 Willis
21 Simmo
22 Armitage (shaded over Macken given he is more versatile)
23 Miller

Raggs (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 09:41
Did I miss an injury to AJ? If not, AJ at 2, Charles in the 16 shirt.

RossM (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 09:42
Wot no Ash? Or are you giving him a rest?

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 09:53
For some reason I thought I had read somewhere that he was carrying a knock... But given I can't find anything to confirm that think I must have imagined it.

If he is fit then Ash would certainly be in, probably ahead of TJ Harris, I just thought that it would probably be beneficial to bring Charles in as a replacement.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net