rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Training centre
Dgwasp (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 06:51
Looks like the training centre development is being shelved for a while...

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

Hopefully this is only a short term matter as I remember some of the players not being pleased with the existing facilities. Ultimately though, if the site isn't correct and we can find something else that fits into our plans more suitably then all the better.

Onwards and upwards!

Re: Training centre
14 November, 2017 07:26
Not sure I found there is the space - but I wonder if this means they will build more permanently at Broadstreet RFC, to benefit both clubs? Sky blues talk doing there usual - it's because we have no money and are doomed, doomed I say!!!!!

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 07:38
I think that the sticking point was the other facilities that would be added at the same time. I suspect that cost may have been a factor as well. Where would you want the training ground?

Most of the players live in South Warwickshire, so maybe they are thinking outside the box (Coventry)? Maybe the land near the Leamington RFC and Old Leamingtonians RFC? They want land for the Training Centre and Academy, so they will want quite a few pitches, plus buildings and indoor pitch/kicking barn.

Edit: VERY wishful thinking on my part!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/11/2017 11:03 by NellyWellyWaspy.

brandnewtorugby (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 07:46
I get the logic, but is there a tiny bit of wishful thinking in the analysis as well Nelly!

Raggs (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 07:55
Another line of thought from SkyBluesTalk:

From what I've been told it wasn't a money issue.
It is a question of the CSF/Council 'dithering' between the academy and the new swimming pool and not committing to any fixed timescales.
Wasps have been waiting for clear clarification and couldn't get it.
They have now fallen out with the Coventry Sports Foundation and pulled out.

Green Wasp (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 07:56
I recall this was reported as an alternative option at the time.

Anyone with more local knowledge know if this is a viable site/still available for development etc?

wozza5882 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 08:33
Been announced that the planning application for the Olympic pool has gone in so it's obviously issues with timescales of building that etc.

wozza5882 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 08:36
Quote:
Green Wasp
I recall this was reported as an alternative option at the time.

Anyone with more local knowledge know if this is a viable site/still available for development etc?

That's pretty much the same site.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 09:54
Just had a peep at the sky blues talk site, did make me chuckle somewhat. Us not building at the Higgs apparently equals financial collapse. Of course as none of us are privvy to the bank accounts all possibilities remain, no matter how remote. But it does amuse me how many froth at the mouth in a rabid desire to place a grave marker over our existence. Wendyball fans do have a much more aggressive, unpalatable outlook though, so from a psychological standpoint their reaction is not unexpected.

My thoughts are as long as we see a cogent plan and place to permanently base our training facilities by seasons end I do not mind a jot where it is.

Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 10:02
Just fyi regarding being "privy to the bank accounts". Last two years our annual results have been filed at the Stock Exchange by 31st October. Not this year for some reason.

[www.londonstockexchange.com]

Westy68 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 10:09
That explains it all very clearly

BdeB (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 10:36
Of course I hope everything is ok financially and Derek can stay on as owner for a long time but if there is financial trouble, Wasps must be one of the most attractive rugby clubs around for investment by a sugar daddy. We are so far away from disappearing.

14 November, 2017 11:01
On that other site, I thought Derek Richardson had done a deal and got permission to build houses there?

Raggs (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 09:12
Quote:
Trev's Big Tackle
Just fyi regarding being "privy to the bank accounts". Last two years our annual results have been filed at the Stock Exchange by 31st October. Not this year for some reason.
[www.londonstockexchange.com]

Not due until the 31st of Dec. No idea if this is different to other years, but I'm not going to panic until it's passed that date (by a few days, since it'll likely take a few days over the new year to upload).

Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 09:33
Ahh, fair enough. That's nice to know. So we've published early last couple of years, again for whatever reason.

neils (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 09:44
Strange because the last two years have been on 31 Oct according to Stock Exchange. Oh well best wait and see plus hope they are in good fettle.

Raggs (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 09:50
Quote:
neils
Strange because the last two years have been on 31 Oct according to Stock Exchange. Oh well best wait and see plus hope they are in good fettle.

Agree it's strange, but if you check companies house you will see it's due 31st of Dec.

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 10:04
The original release at the end of October may have been simply a management style implemented by David Armstrong where Nick has a different approach. Or, if there are issues, there may be some re-organisation going on in the background to work around any problems that have arisen and which needs to be completed ahead of releasing the results.

In the interim results there was nothing which stood out to me as looking terrifying, new player contracts are being issued and there have been new sponsors so there are certainly a lot of positives.

15 November, 2017 10:20
A company, can, I believe, change its year end, as long as the accounting period resulting in the first year is no more than 15 months. I seem to recall. Probably to bring ACL and Wasps Holdings into line.

DGPWasp (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 10:45
Quote:
NellyWellyWaspy
A company, can, I believe, change its year end, as long as the accounting period resulting in the first year is no more than 15 months. I seem to recall. Probably to bring ACL and Wasps Holdings into line.

Please don't introduce rational thought into this thread when it was perfectly on track for doom and gloom.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net