rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Player moves ahead of next season
Heathen (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 06:58
I fancy that come Jan 1, it will become a real circus for all clubs, not only the AP. No club will be immune from losing players they would rather keep.

Such is the nature of the beast these days.

Re: Player moves ahead of next season
will311293 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 08:37
Listened to the Rugby Pod this morning on the train (bit late i know but Peaky Blinders/Blue Planet 2 took priority on the train) and Goodey and Jim were commenting heavily on loads on players being on the move...

Mentioned the likes of

Quade Cooper
Cips
Thompson
Trinder
CJ Stander
Mahony etc. all linked to Prem Clubs

I think although there are some quality players out of contract or on the move, If Trinder goes to Quins like rumoured then thats a great signing especially with some of the quality in their back line.

wasp87 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:43
Rumours last season of us going after marchant at Quins - merry go round with Trinder to quins, Marchant to us with daly to 11 and basset to northtampton. Can't see it but would love a young Englishman like marchant coming through

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2017 09:44 by wasp87.

Hucks (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:50
I'd rather take trinder though! best 13 in the country by a mile when fit. If he is now through his injury curse he'd be a major asset - If daly is being persuaded to push wider by eddie.

has marchant stalled? haven't seen his name mentioned much in the last 6 months. injured? he was one of those being talked up for a pumas tour etc but haven't heard about him this season.

Can see cooper rocking up somewhere like sale or worcester where he'd be such an obvious step up in quality when firing that he'd make a good impact. Can't see any of the genuine top 6 sides taking a chance on him.

will311293 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:52
Would prefer to keep Bassett but Marchant is a fantastic player...

I always enjoy an English player in the squad so would be nice... also would love to raid Gloucester or Hartpury as they have fantastic prospects

Hucks (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:56
If Bassett goes I'd be keen to bring jonah holmes back. like for like and I always hate seeing someone we've let go excel elsewhere. (love it for the player - good on them. just hate the idea that we burn good homegrown talent with one hand and then raid other clubs with the other).

I'd love to see holmes back and owain james given some chances.

bg (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 10:51
I'd be surprised about CJ and Mahoney moving to Prem clubs with a few years to go before the World Cup (maybe after the WC). I thought Ireland were applying an unoffocial policy similar to Wales whereby if a player wants to be considered for Ireland, they have to play in Ireland.

I thought this was partly the reason for Marty Moore returning.

RossM (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 11:14
AFAIK, POM said (yesterday) that he was hopeful of signing a contract that would keep in Ireland.

coddy (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 19:23
POM has signed for Ulster. Bassett has seen off Halai and kept Watson at bay, fighting off Daly too would be a battle he may not want to take on and replacing North at Sinners would make sense for Josh.

Jack9909 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 19:25
Trinder re-signs with glos

Hucks (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 19:26
Omahoney had signed for Ulster?! Where are you getting that from?

Raggs (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 19:46
Quote:
coddy
POM has signed for Ulster. Bassett has seen off Halai and kept Watson at bay, fighting off Daly too would be a battle he may not want to take on and replacing North at Sinners would make sense for Josh.

Daly may not have moved to the wing if Bassett wasn't off (not suggesting that it's on the books anyway).

Equally, Saints don't seem to be sensible with how they spend their cash, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bassett was walking into a North sized check, and quite simply, first choice for Wasps or not, who could blame him.

backdoc (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 20:39
Don't get carried away.Dai has explained why he played Elliot on the wing against Tigers.

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

coddy (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 06:14
Quote:
Hucks
Omahoney had signed for Ulster?! Where are you getting that from?

Sorry wrong Irish back row, Jordi Murphy has signed for Ulster

Hangover (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 07:42
Bacdoc - I'm not certain that playing a 6ft winger compared to a 6ft 3 winger because of the aerial threat is a very good reason !

backdoc (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 10:54
I think the huge and largely accurate boot comes into play as well, Hangover.

LKW15 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 11:45
Quote:
backdoc
I think the huge and largely accurate boot comes into play as well, Hangover.

I guess being tall also doesn't necessarily automatically make you a great defender under high balls, George North being an example

Bridgnorthwasp (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 07:00
Bit more from Dai on cipriani and Haskell..[www.theguardian.com]

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 07:23
Pretty much what we had already guessed.

ukms (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 07:39
Quote:
Bridgnorthwasp
Bit more from Dai on cipriani and Haskell..[www.theguardian.com]

Interesting that he indicates a signing of a marquee player next season, difficult to tell when that interview was given, so could be Shields.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net