rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Interesting stat from Friday night
Heathen (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 08:47
Watched the match highlights again this morning. An interesting stat put up by BT during the game was that Bath score an average of 17 points when the opposition are reduced to 14 men. They managed 21 against us!

Re: Interesting stat from Friday night
DGPWasp (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 09:51
I saw that too. Interesting when the accepted average per YC is 7. Looks like Bath do know how to capitalise on the extra man.

The 21 points Wasps shipped when down to 14 were at an average of 10.5 however.

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 10:16
I think they also said that Bath lead the rankings in that area.

Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 10:20
Quote:
DGPWasp
I saw that too. Interesting when the accepted average per YC is 7. Looks like Bath do know how to capitalise on the extra man.
The 21 points Wasps shipped when down to 14 were at an average of 10.5 however.

Beat me to it. They did score 21, but that was over 2 periods. If the average is 17 points then we should have expected them to score 34!

RossM (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 10:22
As reported in today's Guardian, Todd Blackadder said that "Wasps kick from hand the least of all the Premiership teams".

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 13:04
And remember that in the previous game we scored 2 tries when we were down to 14. As with all stats, need to be in context to be meaningful.

John Tee (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 13:51
17 points...over 10 mins. Would not have guessed that.

Silent Bob (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 14:03
Itís certainly good to make the opponents pay for ill discipline. Iím convinced that some of the cynical play that deservedly get yellow cards is often not worth it from the offending teams perspective. Certainly not in the first 60 mins and clearly not a good idea versus Bath at anytime!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net