rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Injury Update on Cov Tel
neils (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 19:10
Use the link in the "pinned" message above. All sounding positive for end of month PLUS Sam Jones is in training according to Dai and nearly ready.

Re: Injury Update on Cov Tel
asteriskszegol (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 08:38
The day that Sam J returns to the pitch in anger, fleets of angels will come down from the heavens and God's trumpets shall sound, Allez, allez, allez.

On a more prosaic note, looks like - from what Dai said about scans, or lack of them - probably no Kyle E for Sunday, and def no Billy Bassett for a long time yet, so the stage is set for Gaby and Marcus once more.

Old Geezer (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 09:46
When Sam Jones takes the field again it will be a very emotional moment. A young man with so much talent on the verge of his first cap was struck down by a freak training accident. He will have had to wait so long and must on many occasions have had doubts about his future playing career, as some of us did. You can tell from the posts on here how much the fans felt for him.

Be ready for the cheer Sam and absorb just how much the fans are behind you.

John Tee (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 10:07
I can understand why they are trying to be very careful. If you've been out a year, other little niggles causes further breakdowns.
I hope he comes back and gets his form going.

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 10:16
But, for now, that update from Dai pretty much suggests that Dai is picking from the same squad for the Sarries game, with maybe a few swaps with the starters and finishers.

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 10:23
A positive update. If we can ride our injury luck for next few games I'd feel we have enough in our locker for 2 euro wins.

Whether it's enough for sarries too, who knows, but certainly we are going in as the form side.

And to get through jan and then see mullan, Taylor, rieder, rowlands and jones all back would be immense - almost a full pack again and a chance to finally rest a couple of players like Mac and cruse who have picking up a lot of workload.

doctorkmt1 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 22:07
Goodey said in the pod that Sam Jones is struggling and is not nearly back to fitness.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 18:22
[quote asteriskszegol]The day that Sam J returns to the pitch in anger, fleets of angels will come down from the heavens and God's trumpets shall sound, Allez, allez, allez.

I might not blow Godís Trumpet, but Iíll certainly play mine, if Iím there....

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 19:29
Given the injury, even if he is able to return I wonder what version it would be..

Could you mentally remain as committed post injury?...given the nature of Sam's game play, its all commitment.

Heathen (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 19:46
So who right about Sam - Pieman or Dai. I know who I trust.

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 22:12
People said the same about cips - and it definitely did affect his confidence and play for at least a year or two. But he's playing harder, flatter in attack and more commuted in defence than these days.

Mentally I think a guy who has the mentality to come back from what Sam jones is coming back from, probably also has the mental toughness to play his best game. Like tom Rees, if he did have to call it a day I expect it will only ever be his body, never his mind.

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 09:03
But Cips' running game has never been the same since that day at AP.

Fingers crossed Sam can not only get back to where he was was pre-injury, but continue to improve.

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 11:05
It's also worth bearing in mind that this lay off may do him some long term good.
Even before this injury, there were people on this board questioning whether the seemingly regular concussions would spell the premature end of his career.

While no-one would want to have an injury as serious as he has suffered, the long term rest from head collisions may do him some favours.

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 11:17
The head injuries were diagnosed as Migraine not concussion issues

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:21
Quote:
ricohchezwasp
The head injuries were diagnosed as Migraine not concussion issues

i wasn't aware of that.
That's probably better news than hearing that he's due back from injury

Bzzzz (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:59
I agree with that Steviewasp.

John Tee (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 19:22
Quote:
Nomad_Wasp
But Cips' running game has never been the same since that day at AP.

No...?? If you see his major plays then most of them are post injury and he makes a lot of breaks running.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net