rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Lima..
greenwood (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 08:15
..Capital !

I'll get me coat !

Re: Lima..
Raggs (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 08:35
I've been PERU-sing for someone to make this joke.

PhilH (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 08:44
ShrekWasp on Twitter yesterday!

greenwood (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 08:58
Twitter ?
That's for Bird-Brains...

Old Geezer (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 09:44
Do bird brains tweet tweet on Twitter?

Old Geezer (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 09:49
More seriously, isn't there a wonderful irony that NZ is having its players pinched from them after what they do to the pacific islands!

Just (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 10:07
In fairness, Pacific Islanders move to NZ for the same reason that they move here, a better life, they don't go searching Pacific Island schools looking for likely candidates to draft in to the All Blacks (unlike some Prem and Top 14 clubs a few years ago)

Raggs (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 10:21
Quote:
Just
In fairness, Pacific Islanders move to NZ for the same reason that they move here, a better life, they don't go searching Pacific Island schools looking for likely candidates to draft in to the All Blacks (unlike some Prem and Top 14 clubs a few years ago)

Isn't that exactly how Nathan ended up at the blues? A scout saw him playing a school game in Fiji. They give them school scholarships.

It's a tough subject. Rugby gives them a lot of opportunities abroad which is a positive but equally can make a mockery of national sides. Personally i think it does humanity far more good overall than a bit of grumbling over poaching.

Marconi (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 10:30
I'll still Llama-nt the loss of Cips if he goes

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 12:59
There are more Samoans living in NZ than there are in Samoa. Not all the islanders are poached, a shed load are born there.

Fun fact, the country that had the most non-domestic born players in their squad at the last two WCs was.... Samoa.

John Tee (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 13:03
Everyone is plundering the Isles now.....
And after three years they could lose them forever. They extended that to 5 but it can still be abused
I think they need to make the qualifying age younger as in theory, you could plunder a nations youth teams with the residency rule.
Football has the same issue.
Anyone promising. Offer a scholarship etc etc...and as they develop, qualify by residency.
Needs a,serious look...but now all the big nations are in on the game, may be unlikely to happen and vested interest takes precedent.

RossM (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 13:08
Just for the record, though his family comes from Samoa and the Cook Islands, he was born in Wellington.

bg (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 14:47
Quote:
RossM
Just for the record, though his family comes from Samoa and the Cook Islands, he was born in Wellington.

I think an earlier post was referring to the fact the NZ are now losing national qualifying players to NH clubs. The only previous NZ exports tended to be ones at the end of their international career (Carter, Umaga) looking for a pension pot boost or players that realistically had no hope of ever representing the All Blacks.. Gopps, Thomas the Tank etc.

The fact that 2 mid 20's NZ players (Lima and Brad) have left for pastures new, turning their backs on playing for their country in the prime of their careers, new must be a little concerning for NZRU

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net