rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Morning all
Buzzboy (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 07:18
Morning all from a dry Bletchley. Staying here with Dad for the weekend. Taking him bowling this morning (heís a sprightly 86!) with his great grandson, then back for lunch and a BT/SKY afternoon and evening.
Safe travels to those going. Maybe some of the London based Wasps will have an easier journey than to the Ricoh! Radio 5 just bigged Wasps chances up.....going to the Ulster game next week. So hopeful thereís something to play for in that game.
We can do this COYW

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 07:24 by Buzzboy.

Re: Morning all
kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 07:52
Morning Buzzboy and those to come. Dreary day here, and suffering from mother of all colds - hopefully not Aussie flu! Watched brilliant Scarlets Bath match last night - reminded me Buzzboy of the first 20 min two weeks ago at the Rec - shellshocked Barf fans and more high octane attacking rugby from the men from the valleys. Magnificent. Need some of that at the Stoop later - great team considering the injured and feel we will crank up the tempo and with a goal in sight, overpower Quins. That's the plan anyway.
Safe travels all going to West London and have a good evening. I'll be cheering myself hoarse at home. COYW

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 08:00
Morning Kent. I have a stinker too! Yes my thoughts exactly... Watched the Barf game here too. The Rec on a crisp Friday night. And the score looked as though it might be very similar to our game too. Get well soon.

ElliesBoss (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 08:31
Mornin' BB and KW. I too am suffering a bad cold which seems to be dragging on. Man Flu is awful. Not even going to predict the game today. If we play our best and get the luck of the bounces then we certainly have a very good chance. Lads have got to back themseves. Now TV for me. COYW.

CB Wasp (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 08:32
Morning Buzz and all. Pretty much an identical distance for me to get to the Stoop as to the Ricoh, about 90 miles, but whereas it takes me 1 hour 20 on a good run to get to the Ricoh it can take 2 and half hours to get to the Stoop. Still I will be there tonight and really looking forward to it. Not my favourite of grounds and not a patch on the Ricoh experience or game view but I travel in much hope. Also hoping to see many of the black and gold fans there, since we usually take a good few seats for this West London affair.

COYW, lets win with 5 points and make next week a cracking weekend.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 08:33
Morning Buzz, KW, Elliesboss, CB and to all fellow waspies from an equally gloomy Guildford! I must admit to absolutely loving these weekends, packed full of European rugby and excitement! It ranks up there with 6 nations weekends for me! As usual the coffee is on the go, i am about to head to the shop to get the telegraph and absorb their reports, and then the ritual hound walk before the action begins!

What a cracking game to open the round last night, I could not help but admire Scarlets last night (and their support, what a wonderful occasion and atmosphere they created). They like to play a fast expansive attacking game, but can back it up with some stiff defence. They play the attacking game we love and do so well, yet have the defence we need to aspire towards!

So to our game against Quins, it will be tough, it always is against our brethren from Hampstead, and certainly they have a team and bench that can win at their home ground. And let us make no bones about it, they may be out, but they would like to get a W for their supporters/fans - i have noted a rather depressing thread on their board which seems to state that there are a minority using these terms to 'class' who are 'better', a very sad occurance - and also for the team and its momentum and morale. The lack of tangible reward in regards to progression in this competition can also be a liberating factor for them, whereas we have to ensure it does not inhibit us in our style, our fortitude or our approach as we ourselves chase victory to send us into the final round looking to progress to the knock out stages. This will be a time that we need to really make ourselves heard in vociferous support at the Stoop, as when the lads lungs are burning, hearing positive cheers from us Waspies can make a difference!

However this is a game we can win, Kyle back, Macken at 13, Armitage given an opportunity to play European rugby and make an impact. It is also good to have JCW and Chesty propping, with the impressive Willis waiting in the wings. Hopefully tonight we will be discussing the possibilities of progression.

Come on you Wasps! (Sm128)

Chris.

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 08:36 by wombles222.

Harry the Wasp (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 08:54
Morning all,

Off to the footie today and dashing back to watch Wasps at a mate's house who has Sky. Quins don't seem all that interested so I'm looking forward to a good win to set us up for next week.

Heathen (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 08:56
Morning all. Grey down here in South Bucks. Fancy us to do the job today. Just look at what Scarlets did to Bath last night. Reminded me a bit of how we played down there.

Will have to find a local pub showing the game as I don't have Sky Sport.

Just out of interest, how does RugbyPass work?

13 January, 2018 08:58
Morning all. I hope you all get better. I'm also full of man flu but am debating whether I take Street's suggestion, on the Coventry pubs section, and brave the cold to watch Wasps v Sale academy at Broadstreet RFC, followed by the match proper, on TV....I just need to find a babysitter!

Hoping for a win, a Wasps try fest & entertaining game to watch but, above all, hoping we don't pick up anymore injuries!! COYW

Nopace (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 09:20
Morning all. Heathen, you have PM. Coyw.

WaspieKev (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 09:28
Morning all. Sorry to hear of the man flu that is affecting some of you! I'm clear of it so no getting out of the shopping of household chores until sitting down for a great weekend of top class rugby. It's gonna be tense tonight as Quins would love to put us out but I'm sure we'll have too much and with any luck get a TBP too.
COYW!!!!

ukms (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 09:28
Morning everyone from a dreary West London ..... not heading to the stoop tonight although I do have tickets sad smiley .... heading off skiiing very early tomorrow so something had to give unfortunately.

As has been said I think we will take 5 points on this. Despite Quins fielding some quality I really donít think the mental side of it will be there.

Looking forward to watching on a TV, I fancy we will win by at least 15.

Enjoy the game wherever you are watching and safe travels those heading to Quins.

#COYW.

Heathen - if you want Rugby Pass short term sign up for a trial and use it with a VPN based in one of the RP listed countries. I use Malaysia, fantastic app smiling smiley

Hangover (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 10:37
Morning All

Car, Train from Bucks, Food in Richmond, Sun Inn, Stoop, Sun Inn (maybe), Train, Train, Taxi, Home, Sit at dining room table with headphones on listening to music while drunkenly mulling over game til 2am ish, BED.

Perrrfick day out :-)

COYWs (Sm42)

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Heathen (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 10:55
Thanks guys for the info.

coddy (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 11:43
Morning All

10 more minutes of work then its home for lunch then a few hours in the pub watching the Rugger.

COYW

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 12:16
Quote:
Hangover
Morning All
Car, Train from Bucks, Food in Richmond, Sun Inn, Stoop, Sun Inn (maybe), Train, Train, Taxi, Home, Sit at dining room table with headphones on listening to music while drunkenly mulling over game til 2am ish, BED.

Perrrfick day out :-)

COYWs (Sm42)

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

(Sm128)

technowasp# (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 12:47
Hangover....go easy on the solids....you know they don't agree with you...:-)

WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 13:16
Good afternoon everyone. Late arrival due to "£$%&*** machine freezing. Hope all you flu sufferers recover quickly (thank heaven I'm female and therefore not eligible fot man flu). Shall watch from the front of the settee, just for a change. COYW ... and very safe journeys to you all wherever you may be. Enjoy the game. (Sm51)

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 13:52
Ulster leading La R at HT 10-6... was this in the script?!
CB, been triangulating and canít decide if you live near Cambridge or Swindon. But Iím probably nowhere near!

Nopace (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 14:37
Stuart Barnes is doing my nut in. Likes to state the bleeding obvious. Heís worse than David Gower.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net