rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Barnesy?
WaspieKev (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 11:25
Would be great if WB is reffing this weekend.

Re: Barnesy?
John Tee (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 11:27
Like him, very good no nonsense ref. Imo

backdoc (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 11:27
"https://www.premiershiprugby.com/2017-2018/experienced-wayne-barnes-officiate-wasps-trip-harlequins/"

Bzzzz (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 12:43
That is sarcasm right????

WB had the worst reffing display I have ever witnessed in our last match. I prefer CMK at least he uses the TMO instead of playing God, usually at Wasps's expense.

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 12:49
Quote:
John Tee
Like him, very good no nonsense ref. Imo

+1

neils (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 12:57
Quote:
Bzzzzz
That is sarcasm right????
WB had the worst reffing display I have ever witnessed in our last match. I prefer CMK at least he uses the TMO instead of playing God, usually at Wasps's expense.

+1

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 13:45
Listening to the reflink with WB, the issue is that he DOES see the infringements, but lets play go on, trying to keep a balance in his head of which side is benefiting from his largess.

The trouble is, some sides take advantage of this and niggle at the opposition. Quins comes to mind. Wasps do not (Haskell excepted).

The other problem is that WB is in God mode on the pitch, and firmly tells the linesmen and TMO that he doesn't want to hear from them. That marks him out as different from the many younger, and better IMHO, refs who make very good use of their team.

I do like a game to flow, but I would rather the rules were kept to.

Hangover (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 13:54
I am a huge WB fan but the TMO should be used properly as rugby is so fast these days. But in WB I trust. Also, if Wasps aren't expecting niggle then they are in the wrong place - Quins will bring it, we need to match it with brains. NO 60 minute performances THIS time !!! See you there - COYW (Sm42)

AKWasp (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 14:43
Not so confident with WB after the sarries game, he was very poor that day imo, especially with offsides which played hugely to sarries strength and suffocated our attack. On current season form I think Luke Pearce has been really good and CMK is becoming better each season

neils (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 15:05
With reflink at the last match his linesmen were indicating offside but he ignored them in the main. I did note that after the refs Monday meeting he did admit he made mistakes on some of his Wasps decisions. Hope this time he comes down off his high perch and we have a captain who is vocal!

AKWasp (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 17:11
Quote:
neils
With reflink at the last match his linesmen were indicating offside but he ignored them in the main. I did note that after the refs Monday meeting he did admit he made mistakes on some of his Wasps decisions. Hope this time he comes down off his high perch and we have a captain who is vocal!

Point that Iím not sure has been raised- who would be captain?

No Joe, Matt and Jimmy likely to be on the bench with AJ if TT starts. Hask suspended.

Obvious candidate would be Gaskell? I think heís likely to be vocal enough having been skip at Sale so young

Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 18:15
I know it's a big step, but I'd be interested to see how Willis does as Captain. AJ cAN always take over when he comes on assuming he's on the bench.

coddy (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 22:16
Gaskell or Myall as skipper for me.

AKWasp (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 23:15
If AJ starts itís him, if he doesnít then Iíd put my money on Gaskell

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 06:43
Willis IS a good skipper.

Gaz (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 07:13
No hesitation with Willis at some point in the future - but hasn't Dan Robson been captain before?

backdoc (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 09:13
Gaskell for an away game under pressure.

WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 12:38
Cipriani?????????

bg (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 12:50
Quote:
WONKYWASP1
Cipriani?????????

Is that an incredulous exclamation or a question. If the latter, then I don't Cips fits the captaincy role. I would say Ash or Gaskell.. perhaps Robson.

John Tee (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 13:50
I think he directs the team on the pitch well and is very vocal.
I'd be tempted to give him a go and trust he could step.up and do the right thing.
Longer term, maybe not although if you trust him to run the attack totally, you are almost there.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net