rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Train Problems from Waterloo on Sunday
welsh wasp (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 14:27
Reported on Quins site. Have a look there or the southwestern web site.

Re: Train Problems from Waterloo on Sunday
tappers1975 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 15:34
just spent 30 mins on the phone to get to the bottom of this because the message wasn't clear on the SW website........

....whilst there is disruption between Clapham and Twickenham (no trains), there are still trains running from waterloo to Twickenham. apparently they just go by a different route.

the nice man in customer services went off and confirmed this with a suitably important sounding operations man who actually "runs the trains" - presumably the modern day version of the fat controller minus the top hat and wearing some gaudy corporate uniform

so our plans are still to rock up at Waterloo on sunday morning to get the train out to the stoop (fingers crossed of course!!)

wombles222 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 15:56
Excellent, thankyou for taking the time to clarify that! I am running from guildford, so may fast train it to waterloo, or change at Woking, and go via Wimbledon to Twickers (i assume that route will be open)

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 21:36
Thanks WW - I also posted on this on Wombles "unfinished business" thread on the Quins game.

SW trains on their website seem to indicate there are at most an hourly stopping service from Kingston / Richmond to Windsor via Twickenham. Not to Waterloo, also parts of Waterloo will be closed.

Could not find anything on Quins site

Nowhere on the SW site does it say there are trains from Waterloo and Twicks - so beware

[www.southwesternrailway.com]

Me - it's only 35 mins on district line from London to Richmond, then a brisk 30 min walk to Twickenham along the towpath and the benefit of the Swan and Barmy riverside pubs so better than wait at Waterloo just head off on known ok routes

Safe travels all - see you at the Stoop

tappers1975 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:18

Nowhere on the SW site does it say there are trains from Waterloo and Twicks - so beware

.....which is why I phoned SW trains. They confirmed that there would be 3 trains an hour running to Twickenham via an alternative route.

Having said that I'm still going to give myself a not of contingency just in case.......!

james_d (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 11:32
Looks like it will be fine from Waterloo to Twick (if slightly longer than usual via Wimbledon and Kingston). It's if your between Clapham and Twick that you may have to rely on other options

greenwood (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 11:47
A couple of seasons ago when they laid on a bus service for part of the journey it took longer queuing for the bus than to actually play the game !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net