rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
England team to play Wales
Geoff P (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 09:48
Te'o drops to the bench:

England team to face Wales: Brown; Watson, Joseph, Farrell, May; Ford, Care; M Vunipola, Hartley, Cole, Launchbury, Itoje, Lawes, Robshaw, Simmonds.

Replacements: George, Hepburn, Williams, Kruis, Underhill, Wigglesworth, Te'o, Nowell

Re: England team to play Wales
wombles222 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:32
Ok with that line up, will it be planned for Care to go the full 80?

bg (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 11:13
Quote:
wombles222

No doubt Care could play the full 80, but if EJ's plan is to use Wiggy for the rest of the 6 nations then he's surely going to give him at least 20 mins against Wales

backdoc (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 11:36
If England are 15 points ahead with 20 mins to play then on comes Wrigglesworth.

If they are 10 points down then less likely.

Spikey910 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 11:43
Surely if we're behind Wigglesworth can come on and offer his lightning quick service and searing pace, oh no, maybe not

Beckenham Bandit (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 12:12
Quote:
wombles222

Could and should in my opinion. I don't like this fashion for the scrum half to be a 60 minute player. As a half back he should be one of the most important decision makers and tactical leaders on the pitch. No just an explosive athletic player who goes at a 110% frenzy before being a predetermined substitution at 60 minutes. Call me old fashioned but I like having your best scrum half on the pitch for the last 20 minutes.

All too often you see sides have a drop off in performance after a scrum half who has been having a good game has to be subbed off because he is blown out. The coaches having told him beforehand he only had 60 minutes.

Raggs (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 12:16
Maybe he wouldn't have been having such a good game if he knew he had 80 to play?

You'll always need a scrum half on the bench, so since there's one there, and it's a very demanding position, you may as well utilise it.

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 12:20
Care's service really dropped off last week as he go tired, and he'd only played 60 minutes by that point. But Wigglesworth is just so unbelievably uninspiring. I think this is a wasted opportunity from Jones.

I'm not sure dropping Te'o is the right call either I was impressed with him last week.

Raggs (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 12:56
Teo's defence wasn't great, and the Welsh would rip him apart. Joseph's defence is world class, and I suspect he'll have more success with footwork than Teo would with power, against the Welsh backline.

ploom (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 13:02
Can see us losing this game, hopefully. Then he might try some better players...... fed up of the same old, same old, same old.

John Tee (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 13:45
Joseph has always done well against Wales iirc.
As have England's backs in general so I think mobility in this case is desirable.

Care for 60 is fine by me, but not too keen on Wigglesworth.. But he has a good delivery, and his recent form is good too. For a one off game he might work, but not the sort of player I tend to like in the last 20 and this is also an opportunity in this 6n to bring in someone long term.

cb@wasps (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 13:46
Quote:
Can see us losing this game, hopefully. Then he might try some better players...... fed up of the same old, same old, same old.

Am I understanding you right here. You want us to lose, or you hope we will because you are fed up with the same old, same old winning ? Just to be clear

Whenever another international team goes on a winning run I can't remember fans calling for a change in tactics and players.

Spikey910 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 13:54
Quote:
cb@wasps
Quote:

Am I understanding you right here. You want us to lose, or you hope we will because you are fed up with the same old, same old winning ? Just to be clear

Whenever another international team goes on a winning run I can't remember fans calling for a change in tactics and players.

I thought about responding to that post from Bzzz, but decided it was just too mad to bother commenting on.

bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 14:07
what better players are you thinking about Bzzzz??

I mean seriously, apart from scrum half, where I can see the selection is a bit muddled, who, exactly, shouldn't be there & who should be in their place?

RossM (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 14:19
I have a feeling in my gut that Jones' is in for a run of bad luck which started with the injury to Ben Youngs last weekend. This does not mean I am looking for a Wales win. However I would not be surprised if things go against him.

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 14:30
More interesting will be who gets the blame when the results change.....

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 15:58
Quote:
cb@wasps
Quote:

Clearly you never read the Welsh press....

DGPWasp (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 16:10
Quote:
westwaleswasp
Quote:
cb@wasps
Quote:

Clearly you never read the Welsh press....

They did say "Whenever another international team goes on a winning run". smiling smiley

cb@wasps (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 16:14
Quote:
They did say "Whenever another international team goes on a winning run". smiling smiley

smileys with beer

but he is correct I haven't read the Welsh press

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 07:46
They normally have knives drawn as a way of saying good morning.... and they agitate for a change of tactics constantly.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net