rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
CCFC extend tenancy for 1 year
Heathen (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:36
According to Facebook post, Wasps and CCFC have agreed a further year at the Ricoh for the Sky Blues.

Re: CCFC extend tenancy for 1 year
andy lee (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:38
Confirmed on the Coventry City FC website.

neils (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 18:27
Like Nick's comment that we don't need them financially. Doesn't sound too promising in the longer term. At least it gives the fans a little more short term certainty.

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 20:03
No idea about all the politics but I wish the football lads well. But a few seasons in and with no change in the dire pitch, football markings and stadium seats branded as Coventry City, I wish Wasps were strong enough to have our own rugby stadium

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 08:48
As landlords, surely we can change the seats and improve the pitch without our tenants complaining?!
Agree the some yellow seats and WASPS letters in them are now overdue.

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 09:13
Quote:
Buzzboy
As landlords, surely we can change the seats and improve the pitch without our tenants complaining?!
Agree the some yellow seats and WASPS letters in them are now overdue.

I think Nick Eastwood said they were not a priority. It is interesting that his statement inferred that this was a deal that did not make commercial sense, more of a community thing to do, but he seemed to say that there would not be another extension next year, unless SISU go (they won't) or stop their action (again, they won't). Sky Blues fans have already seen this interpretation and are not happy.

To then ask those same Sky Blues fans to rock up to the Ricoh and sit on Black and Gold seats might not be the best of ideas. I can see the seats getting damaged quite quickly.

Also interesting to note that they had been 'talking' since September, and that the EFL were involved.

In the legal case, the court indicated a mediator should be appointed by February 2, 2018 (so that should have happened already, but no announcement) and there was a target for mediation to be concluded by about March 28, 2018.

I wonder if Wasps have offered to take part in those mediation talks? I would guess that they and the City Council have. I would also guess SISU have been unwilling to agree the mediator, negotiate, or wish to set unacceptable pre-conditions.

There is scheduled to be a full appeal hearing in May.

neils (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 09:13
Nick said when we arrived it would cost over a million to change and the club had better uses for its money. Tend to agree.

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 09:45
I think changing the seats is only an issue in terms of initial cost, which to replace I guess would be north of 200k (I.e. 5-10 per seat fitted which could be well off target!) and not really money well spent. If they were changed and then vandalism occurred it would just be passed onto the football club.

SISU are a real problem; some of the Coventry support feel they are not going anywhere so are deflecting their anger elsewhere. When Wasps bought the Arena I think that the council promised that the football club would be safe guarded. However if the football club owners make it impossible for Wasps to properly negotiate it is hardly Wasps pushing the club out. Sisu have a history of using the club as an object to be divisive and split the fans, if they don't get what they want they threaten to take the club away and the football league don't appear to have any power to do anything.

Ultimately I'm glad for the football crowd, they are using the fan village today and apparently have circa 27k attending. It should help them in their promotion push and of course will be good for Wasps revenue smiling smiley

wombles222 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 10:07
For asthetic purposes, i would like to see the seats changed, however i would imagine the cost of replacing the ccfc wording with Wasps +/- our club emblem would not be insurmountable.
We have been good landlords since buying the stadium, and a successful football team can increase our profits and income as well. Whether they choose to remain is up to them, however for their long term succcess they will need to offload sisu.

John Tee (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 11:22
Quote:
neils
Nick said when we arrived it would cost over a million to change and the club had better uses for its money. Tend to agree.

Quite, plus football ground rules are very strict so any agreement would have to take that into account.
If it really didn't suit wasps, then they can turn down the money but also assume the hassle is just about worth it.
When it isn't, it is good that wasps think they can turn down another deal, which is the best position to be in.
I would think the surface upsets the football more than rugby, but then beggars can't be choosers.

The Ulster game showed the groundstaff are very good and had great contingency to turn that pitch around so quickly.

RossM (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 11:35
Quote:
neils

Hear, hear.

McWasp (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 13:53
Id happily pay 10 to change my seat to a gold one (Sm128)

Steve

Twitter @charliewasp & @allezwasps

& Wasps Supporters Panel

Speach (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:04
Quote:
Dgwasp
I think changing the seats is only an issue in terms of initial cost, which to replace I guess would be north of 200k (I.e. 5-10 per seat fitted which could be well off target!) and not really money well spent. If they were changed and then vandalism occurred it would just be passed onto the football club.

5-10?? Were you one of Carillion's estimates? No, thinking about it even they didn't underestimate a project cost that woefully! I'd say your out by a multiple of your estimate. But what would I know, I only build things for a living.

Definitely a waste of money until end of life replacement is due.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
Sun Tzu

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:17
Quote:
Speach
Quote:
Dgwasp

5-10?? Were you one of Carillion's estimates? No, thinking about it even they didn't underestimate a project cost that woefully! I'd say your out by a multiple of your estimate. But what would I know, I only build things for a living.

Definitely a waste of money until end of life replacement
is due.

Haha! That is why I said it was a guess and probably way off target. It was an ignorant attempt to guess the price of a single plastic seat! Are they really more like 25 -100 a piece..? Wow. I didn't even think it would be worth the money at my budget estimate!

Things like coaching staff and training facilities would always be a better place for investment should that amount of cash be available.

McWasp (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:19
We could all get a small tin of gold paint each for 5

(joke, just incase someone quotes H&S)

Steve

& Wasps Supporters Panel

Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:23
Quote:
Dgwasp

Haha! That is why I said it was a guess and probably way off target. It was an ignorant attempt to guess the price of a single plastic seat! Are they really more like 25 -100 a piece..? Wow. I didn't even think it would be worth the money at my budget estimate!

Things like coaching staff and training facilities would always be a better place for investment should that amount of cash be available.

You're probably not far off with the price of the seats themselves bearing in mind that framework doesn't need changing. But each one needs removing by hand and the replacement fitting. That's gonna more than double the cost. Then all the old seats need disposing off which won't be free.

McWasp (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:30
We could always donate some of them to CCFC for their new stadium ..... that would save a few quid Vespulvulgaris (Sm128)

Steve

& Wasps Supporters Panel

MarleyWasp (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:33
Quote:
McWasp
We could always donate some of them to CCFC for their new stadium ..... that would save a few quid Vespulvulgaris (Sm128)

But what would we do with the 32,605 blue seats left?!

McWasp (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:37
Quote:
MarleyWasp
Quote:
McWasp

But what would we do with the 32,605 blue seats left?!

(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)

bg (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:57
Give me a couple of black and gold spray cans and I'll do my seat.. my mate Banksey is willing to help out as well

Joking aside, maybe the seats should be more encompassing. Neither Wasps nor CCFC.. maybe something Coventry or Warwickshire related. The stadium and facilities will be there for decades and host may different events (sporting and musical)

I think Coventry City's (the city itself not the football club) emblem is an elephant and portcullis (this might be from the Three Graces that lived in Leamington in Victorian times - elephants if you're wondering).. or the Warwickshire emblem which is the bear and wragged staff.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net