rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Re: Danny leaving Wasps at seasons end.
Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 23:26
Quote:
neils
Sopa allegedly on 600k which is less than Saints are paying Bigger. Doubt Danny was up at that level.

Wrong numbers mate, 500k sopa, 650k bigger.

Surprised by the over reaction going on....so many conspiracies but not a shred of fact.

The decision was made by Danny at the end of the day for whatever reason...

....end of surely?

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 00:21
Danny once signed a one year extension with us IIRC. It is beyond a shame he could not have done that again. As I stated previously, for my money Danny is the best for us and what we want to do, and there is no 10 in the world, including those in the tri nations shirts as of now, let alone those who are behind them, who would be as well suited to what we do. When we signed Beale I was beyond delighted, I would have swapped him for almost anyone, but I have not seen a 10 I think would be better for us than Danny.

Penn Wasp (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 00:48
such a terrible thing.
sure it lloked in doubt once we sivned the kiwi - does not change the fact that his style of play
- is extraordinarily wonderful
- un-matched in the NH (maybe asexton)
-Always made thise around hin kook good in the space he created
- the ideak fh for wasps play
- would have had an international starting berth in wales, scotland, france, italy, argentina or australia - and been in contentiin at ireland, sohthafrica and nz. just not England coaches
- a rugby kegend

to me he is a one off that nakes us tick.

i believe he wanted to stay but Dai mis-read this and then would not provide assurances on too dog fh si dc really had to go even though not ideal.

thank you danny... such special memories of a special player i had had a privaledge to hsve watched over many years

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 05:10
So many great memories on this thread , I too watched him at Henley in the early days , his first team debut which I still think was Bristol away but memory is fading. By a long chalk the most exciting 10 I have ever watched but too often has managed to alienate himself from coaches fellow players for one reason or another.
Too many great games to recall.... fullback st twickenham taking down Tuilangi ..... first half against Clermont back in the day ..... The last two seasons we have clicked as a team and we are watching sublime Rugby from many great players feeding off his control.
I donít really understand his reasons for leaving, I imagine itís a combination of many things, Dai will have a long term plan, maybe s one year extension was not acceptable for the additional money who knows. He remains a complicated difficult talent that will be missed but ..... the king is dead long live the king .......
Wish him all the best but deep down I think itís a mistake to leave at this time and I hope he has no regrets.

Good luck for the rest of the season we need many more days like Sunday

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 07:19
Bristol? Swap with Searle? They have the ££££ it seems. Do hope itís not them or any other Prem club tho. Donít want him cutting those passes against us!

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 07:22
Ulster need a 10

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Petros (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 08:11
A great shame having seen his early games at home, his debut coming with a full page writeup in the Sunday Times!, the masterly play in up to his leg break. Highlights were the repeated 1-2s with Sackey in the HEC and the demolition of Ireland at Twickenham when he was 20.

Recent weeks have demonstrated his class, in the wet v Ulster and, a man down, on Sunday.

His confidence was shattered by Johnno and his cronies which meant England has never reaped the full benefits of Danny's talent

BdeB (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 08:16
David Flatman on his podcast says he heard about Danny leaving a couple of months ago.

Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 09:25
Danny's 30 years old. It's the perfect time for Danny to go to France and get a big 3 year contract. If he stays with us for a year or two then clubs will be thinking twice about giving him a large long term contract as he'll be getting on a bit for the final year or two.

I hope he can find the right club that helps him play the way he likes and is world class at.

matelot22 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 12:00
Simply gutted at this news, no matter how unexpected, it still fills like a hammer blow. He is central to all that we do well.

Thanks for the great memories Danny, good luck with whatever you do in the future.

ukms (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 12:59
Very sad to see him go but I'm quite sure its his choice.

I don't buy into "Wasps should have kept him" "Wasps shouldn't let him go" If he wants to go he goes.

Anyone who believes money isn't a factor would be a little naÔve IMHO. At his age in a short career he will seek as much money as he can get to be comfortable and why shouldn't he ?

I'm sure he will have torn loyalties between Wasps and the pound note .... but there will likely always only be one winner at his age, 5 years younger would be a different story.

ukms (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 18:37
A subtle hint to the country of his move in his Instagram post ?

ďKaizenĒ

[instagram.com]

Boooo (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 18:59
Kaizen is the art of continuous, daily improvement.

I use this with my clients.
I imagine Danny has been using this expression for a while.

ukms (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 19:46
Quote:
Boooo
Kaizen is the art of continuous, daily improvement.
I use this with my clients.
I imagine Danny has been using this expression for a while.

I know what it means ..... just thought it was odd putting a Japanese phrase on instagram smiling smiley .... Iím sure all will be revealed soon

Gaz (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 20:51
So disappointed with this news. I have been fortunate to enjoy Cips MkI and Cips MkII.

One was adept at the basics and excelled at the unexpected, the latter is the puppet master extraordinaire. I think it was Flats who described Wasps attack as playstation rugby with Cips st the controls. We'll miss him for sure.

All the best for the future DC. A true wasps great.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 17:33
Bbc rugby podcast.. Hugo M has Danny making a good fit at Worcester.. Really?! Would form a good partnership with Houggard says he.
And he does say any fears at losing DC will be quickly extinguished when Lima takes to the pitch.

Pinched from Sale pages...

Good article by Barnes in today's Times on Cips in general.

Still linked to us if he stays in England. Interesting that Dai never wanted to sign him and it was the Wasps board that wanted him back in

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2018 17:39 by Buzzboy.

InbetweenWasp (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 18:29
Corbs was on The Rugby Pod in place of Jim Hamilton this week and he mentioned that he had spoken to Cips recently and knew where he was off to, he didn't name a team or country (as felt it was quite rightly not his place to say) but did say it wouldn't be to a team in the UK. France/Japan both mentioned as options.

welsh wasp (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 18:36
InBetween: I donít know Corbyn knew about rugby!?

PhilH (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 19:34
Quote:
welsh wasp
InBetween: I donít know Corbyn knew about rugby!?
Doesnít know much about anything!

Boooo (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 19:12
Quote:
Buzzboy
Bbc rugby podcast.. Hugo M has Danny making a good fit at Worcester.. Really?! Would form a good partnership with Houggard says he.
And he does say any fears at losing DC will be quickly extinguished when Lima takes to the pitch.

Pinched from Sale pages...

Good article by Barnes in today's Times on Cips in general.

Still linked to us if he stays in England. Interesting that Dai never wanted to sign him and it was the Wasps board that wanted him back in

Could anyone possibly post that Times article about Danny in the Times?

Please.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net