rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Remaining away fixtures- Any advice?
Moorio_Wasp (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 23:05
Been to a few away games this season, saints, sarries, worcester, ulster, irish. (having only been to the QF in dublin last year previously). No idea what the case will be with work next year re. weekends, so want to make at least 2 from Tigers, Gloucester, Sharks and Falcons. Any advice for where to sit, whether itís a good away day etc?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Remaining away fixtures- Any advice?
Speach (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 23:32
If you can make a weekend of it then Falcons is definitely good.

Sale is at the end of a single road in an unbuilt industrial estate out of town which many here would tell you is the very worst place to put a rugby stadium. Manchester is a decent enough away trip though.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
Sun Tzu

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 20:58
Wow Moorio - respect

Being here in south east I am one of "left behinds" once Wasps went to Coventry so targeted away games as easier to get to then the Ricoh. Massive respect to you for going to all those

PM me if you like

I target the Stoop, Kingsholm, Franklins Gardens, Welford road and the rec each year as good rail connections

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 21:01
sorry forgot Sixways - good but need bus to railway station so like Ricoh a big disaster - 2 hour leg

Moorio_Wasp (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 21:30
Cheers Kent, been a Wasps fan since i was about 16 (now 21) but also been a chef since then, so hard to make games at the weekend, gone to uni now to study food production so have weekends off for the first time in ever, want to make the most of it while I do. Tigers and Gloucester would be the favourites i think, but my season ticket account wont let me book tickets from our allocation, not sure why.

Hangover (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 22:35
Gloucs and Tigers would be my preference from that list. Get in the Kingsholm Pub for atmos then head next door for some the best fish and chips on the planet.

Slaav26 (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 11:12
I would also recommend Tigers and Glos.

Both dead easy to get to, city centre (as near as matters) and so plenty of bars and transport pretty easy.

More importantly though, both are what I would call a 'proper rugby ground' and despite the massive expansion at Welford Road, pretty much everyone there gives a damn about the game - even if they (like Glos) can be rather one eyed and deluded smiling smiley
Seriously though, both Glos and Tigers are always near the top of my list for away games.

Excellent games usually and old rivalry as well which helps!

Petergwilson (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 16:30
I'd take a look to see which ones were televised and then go to the ones that weren't. Most grounds have their pros and cons.

Moorio_Wasp (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 16:47
Cheers guys, decided to go gloucester next week, where will most wasps fans be sitting/standing?

tappers1975 (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 16:58
at Gloucester beware the seats behind the posts. we sat there a couple of years ago and you couldn't see anything!! standing in the shed or the standing area at the other end are much better option

Newcastle away is a good trip. easy to get to the ground and Newcastle is always a good night out afterwards. Alternatively if you fancy a bit more culture and one of the most beautiful cities in the country, stay in durham

having said that I went to Newcastle for a game near the end of april once and it is the coldest game I have ever been to!

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 17:04
Mira showers stand for Gloucester with 4 others

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

PhilH (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 17:53
Quote:
ricohchezwasp
Mira showers stand for Gloucester with 4 others

I hope they donít turn them on!

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 18:31
There are always showers in Gloucester, so said Dr Foster.

Poole wasp (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 20:39
Yep 3 of us in block H next week. Always like Glous

lamiasquadra (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 22:53
3 more in Block Q of Mira Showers.
Agree that always like Gloucs (and our record there is good, although not in most recent years). Odd that this is the 3rd year running that Gloucs v Wasps has not been televised.

Hickmania (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 09:03
I am going to Gloucs with 8 in the Shed. Cracking away day every year and will immediately cross the road for Scotland v England after.

16 February, 2018 10:45
Block M of Mira Showers - hopefully we won't take the hammering we took last time, when I was in the Shed

Ken I L Worth (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 11:18
To those joining us at Gloucester, the pubs outside the ground are good, but three of note within 5 minutes walk...The Pelican (owned by Wye Valley), The Cider Tree at the Coach and Horses (for the cider drinkers) and the Dean's Walk (yes the one with the rugby ball in the roof. You'll get a good welcome and in all of them for sure.

And as someone said the Kingsholm chippy is one of the best in the land on a match day.....and for many years has been graced by Dai Young stocking up for the team on the coach home....but the pie sales have dropped since a certain outside half retired ...Welcome to Kingsholm my babberz......

http://thedeanswalkinn.co.uk/images/gallery/the-deans-walk-pub.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2018 11:25 by Ken I L Worth.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 11:29
Inside the ground at Glaws on the Mira shower side I enjoy the atmosphere in the bar if you are late arriving and the local pubs are full. Buying through Wasps normally gets poor seats, you can go to Glaws and get marginally better ones. Doing Glaws and Sale this year myself. Plenty of nice places to visit for Sale, even if the ground is isolated.

17 February, 2018 09:07
I checked before I bought, and Wasps aren't getting any allocation. They also have stopped away coaches from the Ricoh, due to poor take up, which is a shame.

If anyone fancies lift sharing from the Warwickshire area, let me know!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net