rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tigers lose
Buzzboy (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:07
Phew! Just watched Tigers v Saints. Tigers had a try disallowed, which might have seen them
Win by 1 point. Ruled out for blocking by Ford..Glad Saints held on.
So the teams that beat Wasps by 1 point in the last 2 games, lose their next games! And the team we play next beat one of our rivals for top 4.
What a season. We are back to 5th.

Re: Tigers lose
wombles222 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:09
Back to 3rd Buzz. However looking at how tight the top 6 is (well Ex and Sarries aside) we HAVE to get 2 wins from the last 2 games, and that will not be easy in the slightest!

RossM (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:10
We are back to 5th.

Surely we are third???

Westy68 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:14
I personally believe we need a bonus point win next game and that should give us top 4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 17:15 by Westy68.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:16
Sorry! Yes 3rd it is. Bbc hadnít updated and brain disengaged!

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:16
No we don't. We need to get 1 bonus point win against saints. That's certain.

If tigers beat Falcons and don't get a 4 try bonus then we'll go to Falcons only needing a losing bonus to secure 3rd.

It's an IF but point is we don't HAVE to get two wins, yet. We just have to win the next one and then worry about what happens after that

Westy68 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:19
Im going to have fun now and look at the tigers board

horusthewasp (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:20
The Tigers v Newcastle game in a fortnight will be cracker. The result will be significant for both teams and Wasps.

And although Tigers did themselves no favours today, Saints played very well. Our next game will be tough.

chunky24 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:40
One of the highlights of my day after the bonus point win was the steward coming to move us after the Ricoh closing announcement ( when did that become a thing so soon after the end of the game by the way?) with 6 of us gathered round my phone watching the end of the tigers game on bt sport. We said can we go when the game ends in 2 minutes, he said are tigers losing, yes we said, stay as long as you like then was his reply!

Final highlight was backing the appropriately named Tiger Roll to win the National!

mike909 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:46
Re Saints

Watched the game, not sure what had been said, but even North was up for it. Saints scrum looked v dangerous and all the players were giving 100%

Still going to be a dangerous game next time out. No time to relax.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 18:00
Quote:
Westy68

Careful what you say!

Spikey910 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 18:02
Not disagreeing but Saints are always up for the Tigers game. They canít get top 6, letís hope theyíre half baked in 2 weeks

John Tee (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 18:19
Quote:
Westy68

&#128513; &#128513; &#128513;

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 18:26
Quote:
Buzzboy
Quote:
Westy68

Careful what you say!

Couldnít resist a look myself. Not sure I should have bothered! Even a dig at us in the reply from a Saints fan to the well dones from Tigers!

ďThank you folks for your gracious and sporting congrats. Say what you like about franchises in shiny stadiums etc. That game just shows the old firm derby in the east mids still produces a cracker. Great game from both teams. Personally totaly unexpected from Saints BTW but I'll take it after our season. Till the next time and hope you make the playoffs.Ē

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 18:50
Ha, even salty in victory!!

coddy (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 19:23
Total lack of class, hopefully not indicative of Saints supporters

Old Geezer (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 19:30
Buzzboy, the Saints fan think what he likes about a team that simply moved to a new ground. Wasps fans will be Wasps fans wherever their team plays. The idiot clearly does not understand what a franchise is and probably should not use such long words.

I guess the best answer, though, is that I am glad I am a Wasps fan right now, not a Saints fan!!!!

I can't wait to see our game today on the Aviva site.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 19:32
Tigers v Newks will be a cracker! A winner takes all in regards to top 4 ambitions.

IF we can beat Saints and Sale lose to Ex and Glos to Bath in the West Country derby then round 22 will be which if us and Newks take on ex or Sarries (Sm108) (Sm137) (If form dictates of course!) (Sm60)

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 20:19
Old Geezer, yes I know. I joined a thread on the Tigers board which had called us names and wished I hadnít! As with all clubs, Iím sure there are a few idiots and a raft of decent folk.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 20:28
You are correct Buzz that we have to ride out the rather unpleasant arrows of the minority that can frequent online message boards. When we were winning titles we had barbs thrown, when we moved people thrived in enjoyment of putting rather unpleasant and demeaning titles upon us. Pests and FaCov are just 2. The best thing to do is ignore it. It speaks volumes in a negative perspective about those individual few that choose to do that, and they are the huge minority, when the majority of true rugby supporters are anything but.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net