rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Top 4 and the maths !
ukms (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 19:56
Iím trying to get my head around the maths with Tigers having lost today and with them and Falcons still to play so one of them canít get the maximum 10 points on offer

Does a 5 point win against Saints give us Top 4 ? Or do we need minimum 6 points from the 2 remaining games ?

Re: Top 4 and the maths !
wombles222 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 20:21
1 more 5 point win removes Sale from the equation nomatter their results

If Newks beat Tigers 1 win will take them out of the equation

A 5 point win takes Glos out of the equation even if they win their last two games with BP wins, unless they turn around a current 124 point deficit, as wins and BPs would be equal.

If these occur then it will between us and Newks for who plays Ex or Sarries (although I base that on Sarries and Ex winning their last 3 games of the season).

If we get 5 points and Tigers beat Newks, yet Newks get 2 points, then we have to get at least a point from the Newks game, as if we finish level on points with them, a win agaist us would put them above us with a better number of wins with 14 for them and 13 for us. And potentially out of the top 4 if Tigers beat Sale at the AJ Bell!

All to play for...yet at least we have the destiny in our own hands!

ukms (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 20:29
Cheers Wombles ! ..... in a nutshell itís not simple yet smiling smiley

wombles222 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 20:31
Quote:
ukms

Not at all.....but it makes it fun doesn't it! (Sm100)

BdeB (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 20:34
Going to take some miraculous results for us not to be top 6. 2 wins by sale for a start.

ElliesBoss (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 20:42
Well I followed that as far as "1 more 5 point win". But I have had a few beers.

Old Geezer (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 22:10
.......and I have watched too much golf and rugby on TV today so I am addled and going to bed.

wiltshire wasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 12:25
Quote:
wombles222
Quote:
ukms

Not at all.....but it makes it fun doesn't it! (Sm100)

It is simple - aim to win all remaining games with a try bonus point.

welsh wasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 13:06
Well said Wiltshire: the answer is so obvious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net