rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Saracens Season Ticket prices
neils (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 12:48
I picked up a week or so ago from a friend that his Allianz season ticket price was going from about £600 ODD TO over £1k. I said he must be wrong as such a temporary stand ground couldn't be priced in such a way. WRONG!
I feel sorry for Sarries long standing fans who seem to be being quite royally shafted without consultation.
My friend has said he will cancel and that is over 15 years of following gone.

Re: Saracens Season Ticket prices
John Tee (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:46
Wow....that is some hike.
Maybe their coffers have taken a hit of late.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:53
That is quite a wedge! in todays fiscal climate that is a lot of money to find nomatter how much you love your club!

ukms (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:03
Quote:
neils
I picked up a week or so ago from a friend that his Allianz season ticket price was going from about £600 ODD TO over £1k. I said he must be wrong as such a temporary stand ground couldn't be priced in such a way. WRONG!
I feel sorry for Sarries long standing fans who seem to be being quite royally shafted without consultation.
My friend has said he will cancel and that is over 15 years of following gone.

Seems steep ..... what does that actually include though ?

Edit - looking at the Sarries board they haven't all gone up that much ... looks like some seats have been re-categorized, doesn't seem as though there was any prior consultation though pretty poor ...... top category seats are now £1030 ! ... more than I shell out for the Legends Lounge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 14:07 by ukms.

Petergwilson (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:05
For that I'd want a helicopter ride to and from the ground. Would make it easier.

neils (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:11
It seems that they have recategorised their pricing zones. Some in gold now become platinum (and no I don't know the difference apart from coveted, partially covered and soaking). Not sure if it is a hike across the board but apparently they don't have senior or junior tickets anymore across the board. Just thought it was a horrendous hike in prices. We are very reasonable in comparison so hope our leaders don't take too much note!

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 18:49
Certain catagories (top end) no longer have concessions.
The rest still so.
Behind the posts... covered and sitting up to £305 from £285...(without concessions). Not bad IMHO..
The re categorised seats have gome up a lot ... but when you see how much some people say they have gone up you have to realised that a lot were on concession before.

I think that makes sense!!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:21
You have a lot of unhappy bunnies, you canít polish a turd 600 to 1000+ is a big hike, for loyal supporters!!

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

wombles222 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 21:52
Quote:
ricohchezwasp
You have a lot of unhappy bunnies, you canít polish a turd 600 to 1000+ is a big hike, for loyal supporters!!

And I think that is the nub of the matter! When you place an approx. 70% increase in pricing on the same seats between 1 season only then something is afoot!

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 22:21
Quote:
ukms
Edit - looking at the Sarries board they haven't all gone up that much ... looks like some seats have been re-categorized, doesn't seem as though there was any prior consultation though pretty poor ...... top category seats are now £1030 ! ... more than I shell out for the Legends Lounge.

Nothing beyond the seat (equivalent seat at the two Home games that are actually away ones at the big stadiums) and access to the Storm and Womens rugby for free.

My ST will be the same next season except it'll be 50% more expensive and I won't be sitting in it!

Beckenham Bandit (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 01:05
Quote:
1876-Fez
Certain catagories (top end) no longer have concessions.
The rest still so.
Behind the posts... covered and sitting up to £305 from £285...(without concessions). Not bad IMHO..
The re categorised seats have gome up a lot ... but when you see how much some people say they have gone up you have to realised that a lot were on concession before.

I think that makes sense!!

Price of a small ground with only one proper stand. With a capacity of only 10,000 and a very small number of premium seats with decent facilities Saracens have to milk that limited capacity and those premium seats for all they are worth.

Blunt economics.

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 06:28
Letís suppose they have recatorgarised 500 seats they will raise 200 k revenue...... all 10000 seats only need to go up by £20 to raise that much.... blunt but not very well thought through

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Heathen (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 06:51
Sarries are constrained by capacity and@#$%&revenue raising facilities. What sort of numbers do they get through match day hospitality.

Wasps on the other hand, get around 2K on through hospitality for the bigger games plus a goodly number for others. Throw in the fan village and all the bars/food outlets and Wasps have income that probably exceeds the wildest dreams of the dark days in 2012. And that is not even considering the non rugby activities.

The Ricoh still has plenty of space for new supporters and the club are obviously working hard to get more on board. Witness the opening of the South Stand for match days next season. More very affordable seats.

Still a lot of work to do but we are moving in the right direction.

I reckon that a trophy winning side could pull and average of 20K across the season. That would be some achievement.

Marconi (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 08:45
I would hope that Wasps would wait until the average gate is a bit higher. The likes of Bath, Tigers and Saints can charge what they do due to the demand (almost always pretty close to capacity)

Most games (apart from specials, I.e Tigers and Xmas) seem to have been around the 16-17K mark.

ukms (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 09:05
Quote:
OldMarovian
Quote:
ukms

Nothing beyond the seat (equivalent seat at the two Home games that are actually away ones at the big stadiums) and access to the Storm and Womens rugby for free.

My ST will be the same next season except it'll be 50% more expensive and I won't be sitting in it!

Where this all seems to have fallen down is the communication side of things and working with long time supporters to find a suitable solution of a seat change or perhaps ringfence their seat for a couple of seasons.

It makes us realize that we are very fortunate with the capacity and facilities that we have at the Ricoh meaning you can spend as much or as little as you want to watch Prem Rugby.

roberth72 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:10
Just been looking at ticket prices for potential semi play off, bit steep and views are terrible, trains look awkward aswell, anyone been before? best way to get there any pubs near?

ukms (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:35
Quote:
roberth72
Just been looking at ticket prices for potential semi play off, bit steep and views are terrible, trains look awkward aswell, anyone been before? best way to get there any pubs near?

Where are you looking .... Sarries or Exeter ? are they published yet ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2018 10:37 by ukms.

roberth72 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:39
Saracens

ukms (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:49
Quote:
roberth72
Saracens

do you have a link ? I cant find them on their site .... surprised they are selling as their home semi isn't assured yet until after the next game (as I understood)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2018 10:50 by ukms.

GeorgeTheWasp (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 11:19
Lots of unhappy Sarries fans over on their boards.

No coincidence that big investors pull out and to cover some of this loss they whack prices up by nearly 60% in some seats!

Just renewed my Wasps Season Ticket for £230! Don't we feel lucky now!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net