rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Referee for Saturday
PhilH (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 14:32
Referee: JP Doyle (152nd Premiership game)

Assistant Referees: Ian Tempest & Hamish Smales. TMO: Graham Hughes.

Re: Referee for Saturday
ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 14:39
We are screwed !!

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

welsh wasp (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 15:11
Why does someone always respond like that!?

PhilH (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 15:22
Saracens supporters have a similar view so it should be OK!

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 15:24
Because someone like me was at last years premiership final and someone like me watched a dismal refereeing display vs Sale sharks and someone like me is allowed to have an opinion and if you knew me you would also know that it was tongue in cheek which is difficult to convey on a forum..........

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Petergwilson (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 15:25
We've not had great history with any of these except Hamish who I don't think I have heard of.

Westy68 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 16:19
Letís not try and put it into their hands

Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 16:45
You think you have issues....Graham Hughes cost us a prem title vs. saints in extra time so seeing him on the officials list at TMO is a Saracens fans nightmare.... I just hope he is not needed!

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 16:51
Quote:
PhilH
Saracens supporters have a similar view so it should be OK!

Draw then!!!!!!!

Hangover (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 18:28
I know he wasn't perfect last time out with us, but I like JP and am happy to have him reffing us.

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 19:32
Don't care who refs us. Just pray for sunshine, and after 60 minutes we stay solid. No-one can live with us then - if we can attack and hold the line. Bring it on

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2018 19:34 by kentwasp1.

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 20:40
Quote:
Wayoutwest
You think you have issues....Graham Hughes cost us a prem title vs. saints in extra time so seeing him on the officials list at TMO is a Saracens fans nightmare.... I just hope he is not needed!
I was there with a great view, and it sure looked short of the whitewash One of the few times I felt sorry for Sarries. That was an awful way for the match to end.

Looking forward to the game though whoever the officials are. Just hope they are free of preconceptions, and consistently apply the laws equally to both teams, and stamp on backchat.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 20:49
Going to be a big ask without Ashley.... Just seen the Nathan news. Gives some hope

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2018 20:51 by westwaleswasp.

AKWasp (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:33
Think JP is more likely to enforce the breakdown/offside than WB so little more at ease (WBís performance for the Sarries game at home left a lot to be desired and his interpretation of the rules advantages Sarries and Exeter)

Andy1210 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 22:27
Unfortunately JP is utterly clueless at the breakdown and makes it up as he goes along. Exeter at the Ricoh was shocking. Then we have the Sale debacle with Bassett taken out off the ball and Cips knocked out by a forearm smash.

He even called a Racing knock forward that clearly went backward less than three feet under his nose last saturday.

Game set and match Sarries for me. Couldn't think of a worse appointment (other than David Rose). He's not biased - just useless.

John Tee (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 10:33
Don't want to make it about a ref. I think if we play well we have a very good chance.
You just hope a top class semi gets a top class game from all...and that includes the officials.
Of course, I hope our top class game can out win Saracens.

Geewhiz50 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:12
I find it both amusing and ironic to see some of the comments made about referees.
Have you tried refereeing a game - not simple is it?
Remember - without the referee we don't have a game, so my advice is stop moaning and enjoy the game (warts and all!).(Sm100)

Phillywasp (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:56
Quote:
kentwasp1
Don't care who refs us. Just pray for sunshine, and after 60 minutes we stay solid. No-one can live with us then - if we can attack and hold the line. Bring it on

In recent form we need to be out of sight after 60 mins to have a hope of clinging on at 80.

AKWasp (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 15:36
Quote:
Phillywasp
Quote:
kentwasp1

In recent form we need to be out of sight after 60 mins to have a hope of clinging on at 80.

Or we need to be constantly challenged so that we donít take the foot off the pedal as long as we donít let Sarries get more than 10 ahead, Iíd still feel it very possible to win late

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 08:02
That Iím a poor cook doesnít prohibit me from knowing what is and isnít good food! (Healthy...not so much (Sm14) )

JP on his own is much less of an issue then it once was. Unfortunately Graham H*ghes is terrible both on his own and he corrupts others decision making

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net