rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brookes
Old Geezer (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 10:12
Some posters seem very confident he is coming. Have I missed out on some encouraging recent signs since people were worried that it had gone a bit quiet?

Re: Brookes
Shugs (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 10:23
Quote:
Old Geezer
Some posters seem very confident he is coming. Have I missed out on some encouraging recent signs since people were worried that it had gone a bit quiet?
Not that I'm aware of. The most positive signs are that we must be planning on signing a TH and he has not yet announced where he's going post Saints.

Moorio_Wasp (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 10:26
Poster on here reckons he overheard it from the man himself

Aylesbury Wasp (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 10:33
I am a bit mystified why it hasnít been announced yet. Incidentally I understand Brookes is primarily a tight head but can cover duties at loose head as well.

09 June, 2018 11:14
Quote:
Moorio_Wasp
Poster on here reckons he overheard it from the man himself

That would be me, he said it at Saints last home game against Worcester. It didn't sound like he was joking, so I have to assume he was telling the truth.

No idea why the hell we haven't announced it yet, especially after yesterday's news about Carr. For whatever reason this is dragging on, at the very least we are short a tighthead.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 15:52
Maybe proving fitness / medical? Needs to prove he can play at Wasps pace?

Marconi (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 18:41
Saw a picture of him on Instagram earlier with a Wasps fan in Leamington, so maybe he's doing something at the club.

Re fitness he seemed to be playing regularly for Saints in the latter part of the season so can't imagine it's that?

washy (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 08:28
he has already openly told both saints and wasps fans how expensive houses are in Leamington compared to Northants so assume whatever you like from these conversations I suppose.

11 June, 2018 09:26
Quote:
Marconi
Saw a picture of him on Instagram earlier with a Wasps fan in Leamington, so maybe he's doing something at the club.
Re fitness he seemed to be playing regularly for Saints in the latter part of the season so can't imagine it's that?

on the Instagram front he also follows Wasps rugby, yet not Falcons or Tigers (two clubs he's played for).

Anyway hopefully we'll hear something soon one way or the other.

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 10:26
Known locally as the Land Rover or JLR effect (the new factory at Gaydon). It is making house prices rocket up. Nowhere is cheap in South Warwickshire, not even the 'village' I live in (Wellesbourne, which was always cheap), but at least it is still cheaper than Leamington.

coddy (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 19:49
What is the maximum distance the club wish the players to live from the Ricoh?

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 20:23
They key is how far from the training ground, as they take a coach up from there. Given that all I hear is that they are likely to move to the Old Leamingtonians for the new base, Leamington is a bit of a win/win.

11 June, 2018 20:26
If Kieran is finding the house prices expensive, why doesn't he just swap homes with Hask?

Win/win surely?

bg (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 20:34
Haskell's home is in Northants.. he never moved house when Wasps moved.

cb@wasps (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 07:23
He thinks property prices are expensive, seriously ! He should look at the South East, he might change his mind

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 10:37
Quote:
cb@wasps
He thinks property prices are expensive, seriously ! He should look at the South East, he might change his mind
We said exactly that. Take a look at Beaconsfield/Amersham/Gerards Cross/Windsor, or London of course. It's all relative.

cb@wasps (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 10:42
Quote:
We said exactly that. Take a look at Beaconsfield/Amersham/Gerards Cross/Windsor, or London of course

Those are exactly the same areas I was thinking about.

12 June, 2018 10:46
I suppose it depends on how you look at it.

Just because something costs say £500k for zone 2 in London, doesn't mean that £300k is cheap for Midlands.

Marconi (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 07:43
Signing supposedly announced today..

doctorkmt1 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 07:47
Wasps Twitter all but gave it away just now through the medium of emoji!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net