rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Brookes
13 June, 2018 07:54
Finally I was beginning to doubt what I heard him say.

Clearly it takes this long to find a decent house near the club.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 08:39
Could be a case of wasps stacking up some good news of they've known the Danny wilson news was going to drop?

Great news to get an international tighthead on board!

WallyWasp (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 08:40
Seems sensible to drop in some good news amongst the speculation (?) on Danny Wilson. Wouldn't be unhappy at all if they announced his signing (officially).

WallyWasp (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 08:43
OFFICIAL [www.wasps.co.uk]

Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 08:44
Well i hope he goes well for you if he does sign. He was not all that great at Saints but IMO that was because for the longest time we lacked bulk in the engine room. Brookes on form is a very good player, he needs to stay put for more than a contract though if he really wants to push on.

RossM (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 08:45
He certainly looks the part. Welcome Kieran.

13 June, 2018 08:50
Quote:
Duckonstilts
Well i hope he goes well for you if he does sign. He was not all that great at Saints but IMO that was because for the longest time we lacked bulk in the engine room. Brookes on form is a very good player, he needs to stay put for more than a contract though if he really wants to push on.

Post RWC he started brilliant for you guys and looked (IMO) like he was going to usurp Cole as England's main tighthead. Then he got injured and didn't return until 6Nations and only paid a bit part.

Eddie then effectively dumped him out of squad by sticking him with Saxons, before making it more permanent.

I've said before I think he's a good player, hopefully we can return him to his EPS form. Good competition for JCW and maybe our scrum won't go backwards (seemingly) every time Jake gets substituted.

Chilham (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 09:40
At last! Welcome Kieran.

Dragonboy (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 10:08
Quote:
DrHankPym(superhero)
Quote:
Duckonstilts

Post RWC he started brilliant for you guys and looked (IMO) like he was going to usurp Cole as England's main tighthead. Then he got injured and didn't return until 6Nations and only paid a bit part.

Eddie then effectively dumped him out of squad by sticking him with Saxons, before making it more permanent.

I've said before I think he's a good player, hopefully we can return him to his EPS form. Good competition for JCW and maybe our scrum won't go backwards (seemingly) every time Jake gets substituted.
Our Eddie has a well established track record of dumping Saints players. Brookes. Hill. Wood. Burrell. Harrison and then forgets that they even exist.
I don't think Kieran will go backwards. His normal movement is straight down in a belly flop and never ever seems to learn. Ball in hand he can be very good but such events were rare but then that could be said about most of the Saints last year. If you can keep him fit and I don't mean injury free and motivated then he could take over from Dan Cole BUT he is becoming the Paul Doran Jones of the front row in that he seems to move on whenever his contract is up. His call or the clubs call? If tight heads are as highly paid as many speculate then clubs are entitled to expect value for money so good luck there. A friend of mine in Northampton is a restauranteur and was gutted when the news that Kieran was leaving as he was one of his best customers apparently.

13 June, 2018 10:25
Quote:
Dragonboy
Quote:
DrHankPym(superhero)
Quote:
Duckonstilts

Our Eddie has a well established track record of dumping Saints players. Brookes. Hill. Wood. Burrell. Harrison and then forgets that they even exist.
I don't think Kieran will go backwards. His normal movement is straight down in a belly flop and never ever seems to learn. Ball in hand he can be very good but such events were rare but then that could be said about most of the Saints last year. If you can keep him fit and I don't mean injury free and motivated then he could take over from Dan Cole BUT he is becoming the Paul Doran Jones of the front row in that he seems to move on whenever his contract is up. His call or the clubs call? If tight heads are as highly paid as many speculate then clubs are entitled to expect value for money so good luck there. A friend of mine in Northampton is a restauranteur and was gutted when the news that Kieran was leaving as he was one of his best customers apparently.

I'm not sure he's as 'bad' as PDJ, geez I was supposed we signed him (but that's another story). He was pretty consistent at Newcastle the second time he was there, but he did leave them again for another title chasing side. At least he played quite a few times for Saints, which he barely did for Leicester.

Hopefully Dai can sort out his consistency and we'll have a motivated player on our hands.

jonnydeane (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 11:05
when the rumour went quiet I had a horrible feeling hed only signed to work with Danny Wilson,

Stopsy (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 11:08
I'll be interested to see whether Wasps can get him to perform to his undoubted potential more frequently than Tigers or Saints manage or indeed keep him off the pies.

Witblad (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 12:46
Speculation on my part but I would not be surprised if the delay in announcing Brookes signing was not because it was conditional upon him achieving a higher level of fitness than he had at Saints.

Hes proved himself capable of being an international standard prop, and I am sure that Dai can get him there if anyone can. I wish him every success.

Kieran in for Marty Moore is a major step up in quality as far as I can see. Welcome on board.

bg (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 13:46
Quote:
Stopsy
I'll be interested to see whether Wasps can get him to perform to his undoubted potential more frequently than Tigers or Saints manage or indeed keep him off the pies.

Was Brookes at Tigers.. I thought he left Falcons for Saints?

13 June, 2018 13:55
Quote:
bg
Quote:
Stopsy

Was Brookes at Tigers.. I thought he left Falcons for Saints?

Falcons to Tigers to Falcons to Saints to us

Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 16:32
KB never did too much to make himself a fans favourite at the Gardens. A lot of peanltis given away and his attitude seemed sometimes to be, shall we say, lackadaisical. He can be good but needs a first class forwards coach to kick him into gear. Personally I am delighted that Saints have kept hold of Paul Hill - it will be interesting to see who kicks on next season in the tighthead department. In any event, we wish Keiran all the best for the future.

Shugs (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 18:37
You have to view this signing in context. Brookes is a proven international who is currently probably our second choice TH behind JCW. That's decent strength in depth. Factor in that Stuart looks a great prospect and we look OK at TH. Plus I think I've also seen Brookes play LH before as well if we need cover there for two or three weeks at the start of the season.

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 21:03
As with all signings I reserve judgement till I have seen him play in a Wasps shirt

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

DGPWasp (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 11:59
Brookes is sure to have an eye on forcing his way into Eddie's thoughts in time for the WC, so won't be short on motivation and the change of scenery could be just what he needs.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net