rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

aus ire [spoilers]
westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 11:55
Ire paying the price for inability to turn pressure into points, but what a disgraceful shambles at the end.
With the match gone the TMO makes an intervention - to say thee is a knock on- clear knock on- on his camera 7. Nothing is shown on the screen for the ref to show a knock on, nothing on the TV pics.
Ref awards no try on the basis of the TMO.
Utter, utter garbage. You have the picture for the ref or it did not happen in my book, how can he award on the basis of a TMO seeing footage unavailable to the crowd, players and the actual arbiter of fact with the whistle.

Re: aus ire [spoilers]
John Tee (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 12:00
Thought Aus were very good value...and deserved the result.
Not got a problem with that tmo calling it. I assume it would be available and decisive should it need to be. He was pretty emphatic on that...so he must have been certain.
Ireland rode their luck but didn't have enough of it.
Impressed with the wallabies. Only possible mitigation, end of a long NH season for Ireland but I just though Aus were better all round.

waspie08 (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 13:20
Agree with you JT, thought Oz were well worth the win especially given they had a try overruled for foul play when the Aus player tackled a bloke who virtually brushed the ball through his hands so was legitimate target and it id not affect the play at all. Ireland looked powerful but Australia more inventive and more dynamic and if they can keep Pocock fit then will be a match for most especially now that it appears they have discovered how to scrummage.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 14:30
I thought the non try was a bit off, certainly questionable, another TMO intervention of course, but at least the ref saw it. The Ireland try was legit, period, from what we saw. Very dubious about the end, I think many strong refs would have made the call o award. Trusting your touch in real time is fair enough, trusting a guy who claims to have seen something on pictures that the ref, TV station and audience can't is ludicrous, he system must change.

Old Geezer (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 16:49
i thought the ref should have reviewed the so-called high tackle which led to a Yellow against the French but he didn't.

RuggyBuggy (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 17:14
Aus deserved the win but they were pretty much at full strength, well up for the match and got a bit lucky with the officiating. They have some serious quality and Cheika had them well prepared, despite recent problems they are a quality outfit.

Ireland started their second choice LH and third choice hooker and TH so scrum will only improve. Carbery 22 and making his third international start at 10 didn't disgrace himself. Schmidt is using this tour to build a squad for the WC. I'd expect him to mix and match front row for the next games, integrate Tadhg Beirne, test the team without the guidance of Murray at SH and try different centre partnerships (Ringrose at 13 along side Aki and Henshaw for a game each).

I think today was Aus' peak so need to maintain that while Ireland will improve in the next two games. Foley to drop a notch next week while Sexton comes in to improve Ireland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2018 17:15 by RuggyBuggy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net