rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
RICOH
ARob (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 14:20
Does anyone know when the Ricoh signs will be taken down and who will be the new stadium sponsor ? Is the delay down to the court case ?

Re: RICOH
Wasps222 (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 14:46
For some reason I think thought that the rioch were still sponsoring it but at a reduced rate on a month by month. If that’s is not the case it would the owners responsibility to remove it. I think it might seem as low priority due to the costs involved

neils (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 14:56
I don't think anything will be done until a new sponsor is found by the firm employed to search for one. From memory the Ricoh deal went from 15 August to 15 August initially for ten years then rolling years after. The fact we are looking suggest they don't want to any more. Can't imagine Wasps paying to remove the vast number of Ricohs!

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 17:11
I seem to recall that Ricoh had given notice to end the deal a few months ago.

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
17 July, 2018 20:16
An interesting article about naming rights for the London stadium
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Nearly half a million spent trying to find a sponsor, and nothing to show for it.
The article basically says that sponsorship for sports stadiums is in a tricky situation right now, mainly due the uncertainty about Brexit.

If you can't get a sponsor for a stadium in London, that hosted the Olympics and is visited every other week by 50,000 football fans, then I can start to see why we may be struggling to get sponsorship for our stadium

deadmancarl (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 09:49
Quote:
StevieWasp
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Nearly half a million spent trying to find a sponsor, and nothing to show for it.
The article basically says that sponsorship for sports stadiums is in a tricky situation right now, mainly due the uncertainty about Brexit.

If you can't get a sponsor for a stadium in London, that hosted the Olympics and is visited every other week by 50,000 football fans, then I can start to see why we may be struggling to get sponsorship for our stadium

I saw that article this morning and thought the same thing. One negative for the Olympic stadium is the negativity around West Ham especially with the way their fans behaved at the end of the season so maybe a sponsor doesn't want to be associated with that at the moment.

This could also be a similr thing for us with the SISU court case still on going.

bg (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 10:11
Quote:
deadmancarl
Quote:
StevieWasp
[www.bbc.co.uk]

I saw that article this morning and thought the same thing. One negative for the Olympic stadium is the negativity around West Ham especially with the way their fans behaved at the end of the season so maybe a sponsor doesn't want to be associated with that at the moment.

This could also be a similr thing for us with the SISU court case still on going.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. It was rumoured that JLR were ready to take over the naming rights but I think the ongoing SISU case has created uncertainty for any likely long term deal

Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 10:46
JLR also worried about the possibility of a hard Brexit so that's probably affecting their sponsorship budget and strategy. [www.ft.com]

No point building goodwill in Coventry if you're about to move your factory to France, Romania or India...

bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 11:52
havent JLR already said there are moving some production to Slovakia?

Heathen (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 12:44

Marconi (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 13:01
Quote:
bg
Quote:
deadmancarl
Quote:
StevieWasp
[www.bbc.co.uk]

I think you've hit the nail on the head. It was rumoured that JLR were ready to take over the naming rights but I think the ongoing SISU case has created uncertainty for any likely long term deal

There's also the fact that having CCFC there adds value to any stadium sponsorship deal for brand visibility. Assuming they host ~30-32 games in a season, that's double what Wasps will host.

If Wasps were looking for (theoretically) £1m per year, hosting say 45 games (between the two), that would be only ~£20K per game but 3x that for just the Wasps games. Obviously it's more complex than that in reality, but whether CCFC stick around or not will impact on the attractiveness of any naming rights deal.

St Bruno (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 16:08
Marconi,
I'm not sure but think CCFC is in a lower league where televised matches are few and far between?
If that is so, the attractiveness of their matches to potential stadium sponsors is rather reduced.

ukms (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 17:55
It’s not just the Rugby and football, it gets visibility with plenty of other events throughout the year ...... the reality is it all depends how much the club are looking for and over how long, likewise the London stadium.

bg (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 12:12
New investment

I think the move of production of the Discos is purely down to costs and nothing to do with Brexit. JLR have invested too much in the area (haven't they just built a state of the art engine manufacturing facility as well)

ElliesBoss (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 17:21
Guessing if JLR have a plant in the EU it will make things easier to export e.g engines. But hey I know nada...

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 20:24
JLR may also be concerned re the supply and cost of steel. TATA have teamed with ThyssenKrupp, so who knows what the future of steel production is in the UK. Likely to become EU concentrated, even without Brexit. With brexit even more likely. Hold on, I thought this was a rugby forum

Ken I L Worth (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 09:01
Ah Brexit.....how long before sport gets discussed properly. Bosman and Kolpak have had a huge influence on the movement of players.
Bok Exodus?
We've recruited heavily at Gloucester before the door shuts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/07/2018 09:03 by Ken I L Worth.

Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 09:14
For a long time (and possibly still true) Football Manager had better analysis of Brexit outcomes than the UK government. A hard brexit in the game (a random event) would make it near impossible to sign non UK players for UK clubs! [www.telegraph.co.uk]

For what it's worth, post Brexit the UK can set it's own immigration laws. If they want they can make the legislation be "No immigrants, unless they're good at sport. Maybe doctors too, we need doctors." Certainly I expect "The Will of the People" to be a pretty relaxed immigration policy for top quality footballers. Other, less popular sports, might find signing foreign players tougher.

Raggs (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 13:58
I don't see why it would be tougher than it is now to sign a kiwi.

coddy (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 15:55
Surely a Hard Brexit will only affect EU sportsmen. Non EU nationals already have to apply for a work visa.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net