rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No surprise as WLR pick for Boks
neils (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 12:47
Last game 6 October so unlikely to see him playing until mid/late in month.

Re: No surprise as WLR pick for Boks
Gaz (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 12:49
And the AIs until the end of Nov

Shugs (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 14:45
Congrats to WLR but hard on Wasps. FB duties to be shared by Miller and Le Bourgeois.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 14:52
A reason why we might not be as strong as we think, this is a big loss. Not insurmountable, but certainly reduces us.

Raggs (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 15:02
Miller will want to shine, especially after being out with injury for so long. I'm happy to trust our depth.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 15:10
Definitely happy with Miller, quality player, but can hit patches where he seems to lack confidence. With his tail up he can get near WLR and will be a real asset. Concerned about an injury to him could leave us struggling.

Heathen (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 15:28
Willie is key to why we score so many tries. So was Danny. With Danny gone and Willie's not being around for a big chunk of early season, we could well see our try fests dry up somewhat.

Raggs (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 16:03
I'm not too worried, Miller is a great distributing 15, Searle could potentially fill in there too.

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 17:17
Glad that WLR has been noticed as it is adds encouragement for JDJ and Carr. Shame he won't be available for Wasps but we'll have him back for Christmas hopefully and we've got Miller in the meantime.

Happywasp (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 17:28
Easily the best player on the pitch in all the England vs SA games this Summer.

John Tee (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 21:35
There is no way you won't miss those two.... In terms of sheer x factor and substance.

Congrats to WLR...agree that he was man of the series.

WaspieKev (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 11:11
Congrats to WLR and we'll just have to cope without him. Wonder if we'll see Daly given a run there with Miller as a back up? Means JdJ can continue his classy role at outside centre and enables Curtis and Bassett to share the wing duties. Personally I hope not, but you never know!

Atomic Wasp (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 13:21
Willie is on a special deal negotiated by Dai, so we'll not miss him too much!

WLR Special Wasps & SA Deal

Cheers

Rick

@W2APS on twitter, the chap with the banners and flags.

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 14:12
Interesting deal, and sounds like it was dealt with by both sides very professionally.

Hopefully that means no hard feelings and that WlR still gets picked for the world cup.

RossM (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 14:36
Dai always the gentleman. Never wants to stand in the way of players' international ambitions.

Lwasp (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 14:58
Dai strikes me as the kind of guy I'd be happy to work for. If I could pass the kitchen scrum interview that is!!!

mike909 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 16:03
Quote:
Lwasp
Dai strikes me as the kind of guy I'd be happy to work for. If I could pass the kitchen scrum interview that is!!!

Even as an old prop, I'd only volunteer to make the tea and bring homemade cake as part of my interview!

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 21:26
Sounds like a really sensible approach. Things never remain the same and a new coach/DoR will have a different view on what players he needs. WLR is in top form and it would be criminal if a) SA overlooked him after a strong test against England or b) Wasps tried to deny him the opportunity to represent his country.

I know it isn't the same for everyone, but representing your country and being available to play when called upon must trump any club commitment. The club game should play second fiddle to the international game.

bg (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 21:59
Just had a quick browse on other clubs forums. Solomona (Sale) wasn't part of the recent England training camp.. but he was listed as missing due to "Injury, Fitness, Other".. .and it looks like its "other". It might be visa issues.

Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 06:30
Quote:
Young is one of the main reasons Le Roux was recalled by South Africa, having met with Erasmus and put forward a compelling case for a Test return for his multi-talented full back.

My respect for that man knows no bounds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2018 06:30 by Vespulavulgaris.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net