rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Technological developments incorporated in our new kit
Heathen (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 17:05
I must admit that I missed this when the kit launch was announced last week.

From the Offy kit announcement :

"Innovative technology is woven throughout, including ArmourGrid™, a unique material that is virtually impossible to grab, allowing players to slip tackles and break contact.

Strategically placed stretch panels and HeatGear® technology also help wipe moisture away from the body and support the team’s performance on the field."

So when it's wet out there, does it mean that our players will be like bars of soap to the opposition?!!!

Re: Technological developments incorporated in our new kit
Dgwasp (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 17:18
So will they shower in their kits before the game?

JF (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 17:23
What about binding at the scrum?

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 17:24
It'll be interesting to see what effect that has at scrum time.
A strong bind both in the front row and second row is crucial to a strong scrum

Spikey910 (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 17:53
I don't understand why prop shirts aren't a different design with additional material to bind on.

The requirements are different, it shouldn't be beyond a sportswear manufacturer to design something fit for that purpose. Why make it more difficult to get a good bind just because of your overall shirt design. I'm sure our props would willing sacrifice a bit of tackle slipping in exchange for more stable scrumaging.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 19:44
It works! the wife tried to stop me going to the pub Saturday, a quick sidestep and her grab at my love handles failed as the new shirt gave her no grip, and i was out the door to meet the chaps! New shirt is worth every penny!

Heathen (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 20:11
(Sm22)

Quote:
wombles222
It works! the wife tried to stop me going to the pub Saturday, a quick sidestep and her grab at my love handles failed as the new shirt gave her no grip, and i was out the door to meet the chaps! New shirt is worth every penny!

Poole wasp (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 21:37
Perfect excuse to get one - done (Sm128)

RogerE (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 22:13
How do they get them on and off if they can't grip them?

Roger

bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 16:52
surely no one belives the kit makers Bs on new shirts.....?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net