rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Shaun Edwards back to RL
neils (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 20:42
Returns to Wigan in 2020

Re: Shaun Edwards back to RL
Heathen (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 21:42
Excellent move for Shaun. He is a Wigan legend.

Hangover (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 09:43
Disappointed he didn't go to England RU but all the best to Shaun.

StonedWasp (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 09:57
Gone, but never forgotten. Good luck Shaun

Club, Country & Wife

OxfordWasps (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 12:48
Not making Shaun the defence coach is just another error to add to the catalogue that Eddie Jones and the RFU have been accumulating in recent seasons.

Best of luck to him though! And hopefully we will see him again in the union code. When looking at our current defence I still reminisce about the wasps blitz defence circa 04

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 23:02
Not sure the blitz defence was good for the game. Great for us, but like other innovations such as Munster's choke tackle tactic, I would happily trade them for a bit more space when our heroes take to the stage. On a side note how many times gave England failed to pick up on SE?

Club experience and success, check, international experience and success check, respected by all, check.

welsh wasp (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 22:14
Saw Shaun being sent off at Wembley in 1994 when playing for GB against Australia. GB won after a great try by Jonathan Davies, the favourite commentator of some on this site.
Shaun made a fantastic contribution to Wasps and continues to do so for Wales. The RFU turned down both him and Garland - their loss.
Shaun's son was in the Wasps Academy. Anyone one know what happened to him.

HenleyWasp (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 20:24
Anybody see the longish interview with Shaun (& is it David Lam?) prior to the Wigan/Cas match yesterday where SE said he'd spoken to big name RU players who were interested in making the switch to RL? I assumed he meant Welsh players.

bg (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 08:34
I didn't see the interview but I'm wondering if the statement was made to partly "big up" RL by implying RU players might switch.

Historically the main reason for RU players to switch code was money when RU was amateur.

I would have thought an average RU club player would make more (and have more opportunities to do so) than an average RL player

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 23:57
Super League salary cap is increasing to just over 2million with two marquee players outside of that so I'm guessing a fairly large RU name could get a similar wage in the right circumstances. With that said only a handful of RL clubs in that competition could afford it as the sport has sadly been in decline in the northern hemisphere. NRL is going very strong however, most of the top talent is going there for very good money.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net