rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

New training ground proposal
Heathen (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 15:39
According to Bobby Bridge in the CT, Wasps have made a proposal to Old Leamingtonians, to build the new training facilities there.

Being put to an EGM of their members in the not too distant future.

Anyone a member or know the site?

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2018 15:39 by Heathen.

Re: New training ground proposal
chunky24 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 15:48
Played and coached there many times, nice club with lots of space and good people involved, ideally located for where most players are based, hope it works out for both parties.

Worcswasp (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 16:56
Makes sense. Most of them now live in Royal Leamington spa. Been rumoured a while now too.

Shugs (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 17:44
This location keeps cropping up so seems like it's got decent credibility. It would be good to get it done - another hook to attract quality players.

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 18:46
That story is quite old, but 'updated' today. The EGM mentioned happened months ago, after Wasps' last home game last season (that weekend I think).

I do not know what the vote was, but I would have to assume at least not negative.

Assuming the membership did give conditional consent (I am not a member, but I am an 'Old Leamingtonian',as defined by having attended the long since defunct Leamington College for Boys), the negotiations would begin, followed by a heads of agreement, followed by planning and then building (I would guess).

There are no planning applications in progress. I would say they would be very lucky to be 'in' by the end of this year, and more likely it would be the summer of 2020 at the soonest.

Makes me wonder why the story got updated today. Maybe they have reached an agreement.

GD (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 20:23
Their website suggests another EGM is being held on 24th September. It doesn’t say why publicly though:

[www.pitchero.com]

Atomic Wasp (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 06:10
I think the story was updated because Bobby asked Wasps for an update and got one from Nick Eastwood.

Cheers

Rick

@W2APS on twitter, the chap with the banners and flags.

bg (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 08:34
Geographically its perfect for Wasps. Leamington Spa town centre (as far as I'm aware most of the players live in Leamington or Warwick) is about 14 miles south of the Ricoh. OL's RC is about 3 or 4 miles from Leam town centre.. about 11 miles from the Ricoh.

I assume what needs to be discussed is what way will Wasps be legally bound to OL's. A new training centre and facilities will need to be built, as well as possibly an all weather pitch (is there room?). So will that become a shared resource for both clubs (or will OL's be made to use their current clubhouse). Seeing as Wasps will be there during the days mid week, and OL's use the facilites and pitches mid-week evenings and week-ends, there wouldn't be a conflict of resources though.

Do OL's accept Wasps as leaseholders, tenants or maybe even part owners. The main thing for OL's is that Wasps, a few years down the line don't bring down OL's as a club itself if, for whatever reason, Wasps find themselves in financial trouble.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net