rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Team's up
matelot22 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:44
15 Elliot Daly

14 Christian Wade

13 Juan De Jongh

12 Michael Le Bourgeois

11 Josh Bassett

10 Lima Sopoaga

9 Dan Robson

1 Ben Harris

2 Tommy Taylor

3 Kieran Brookes

4 Joe Launchbury (c)

5 James Gaskell

6 Ashley Johnson

7 Nizaam Carr

8 Nathan Hughes

Replacements

16 Tom Cruse

17 Zurabi Zhvania

18 Will Stuart

19 Will Rowlands

20 Ben Morris

21 Joe Simpson

22 Billy Searle

23 Rob Miller

Re: Team's up
Buzzil (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:45
Great looking team

matelot22 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:46
Looking forward to seeing Le Bourgeois debut, plenty of firepower on that bench too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2018 10:47 by matelot22.

Petros (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:47
Tigers

15 Telusa Veainu
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Manu Tuilagi
12 Gareth Owen
11 Jonny May
10 George Ford
9 Ben Youngs
1 Greg Bateman
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Mike Williams
5 Will Spencer
6 David Denton
7 Guy Thompson
8 Sione Kalamafoni
Replacements
16 Jimmy Stevens
17 David Feao
18 Joe Heyes
19 Harry Wells
20 Sam Lewis
21 Ben White
22 Tom Hardwick
23 Jordan Olowofela

Westy68 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:49
Happy with that, as long as MLB goes well then that should be a good team.

Glad Gaskell in for Rowlands

matelot22 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:50
Comparing bench for bench, I think we have more than an edge there.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 10:59
Geordan is certainly giving youth a chance!

14 September, 2018 10:59
Looks a good team. Should be a good match, can't wait to be there Sunday.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Westy68 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:06
Would be nice to see how Harris goes against Cole.

I must admit thereís only 2/3 tigers players I would have over Wasps players, so will be very disappointed it we donít win this

WaspieKev (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:10
Great looking team, especially in the back row where I wasn't expecting Nizaam and Nathan to be available. Its maybe a bit lopsided there with Ashley as well but we will certainly have some serious physicality ! Will be interesting to see how MLB goes and at least he wont have to cope with Eastmonds twinkling footwork! COYW!!

Spikey910 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:10
Happy with that. MLB needs a go at 12, and Nizaam at 7 makes sense as young Joe A was too quiet last week.

Andy1210 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:11
No Kyle Eastmond for Tigers - is he injured? Kind of saw that as irony because 12 is our big problem position with Gopperth injured, yet Tigers potentially have Tuilagi and Eastmond. Wouldn't mind him back on loan!

This will be our third different midfield pairing in three games so not ideal. Sadly, I can't help thinking this is a season too far for Gaby as he's been injured a lot since he joined and wasn't great last week.

Desperately need to add a quality new 12 to the squad asap and hope MLB can develop quickly.

Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:11
Should be a good match for Thompson against ultimately his replacement.

Johnson, Hughes and Carr is a massive back row, hopefully Thompson can try and control the breakdown.

Worcswasp (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:16
Happy with that and Inside centre choice.

Beasties (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:45
Quote:
Ayerzawannabe
Should be a good match for Thompson against ultimately his replacement.
Johnson, Hughes and Carr is a massive back row, hopefully Thompson can try and control the breakdown.
Bit worried Guy gets MOTM actually. He'll want to perform.

OxfordWasps (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:47
Will be interesting to see how the Soapaga MLB combo goes, a high pressure game for both players to be getting there full debut and the inexperince is somewhat doubled by the fact they don't have an experienced player inside/outside them (if you see what I mean). Hopefully will go well but would not be surprised to see a few errors there early on.
Huge carrying back row, should give us some real go forwards, but lack a bit of balance going to need Tommy Taylor at his disruptive jackling best in defense, to turnover ball.
Can't wait to get to the Ricoh COYW

14 September, 2018 11:50
Quote:
Andy1210
No Kyle Eastmond for Tigers - is he injured? Kind of saw that as irony because 12 is our big problem position with Gopperth injured, yet Tigers potentially have Tuilagi and Eastmond. Wouldn't mind him back on loan!
This will be our third different midfield pairing in three games so not ideal. Sadly, I can't help thinking this is a season too far for Gaby as he's been injured a lot since he joined and wasn't great last week.

Desperately need to add a quality new 12 to the squad asap and hope MLB can develop quickly.

Yes Kyle is injured, apparently (according to Tigers Twitter) he went off injured week and hasn't recovered.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Stopsy (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:00
Kyle was reported as touch and go for this week, obviously didn't quite make it, hopefully that means he will be back soon.

bg (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:06
Quote:
Stopsy
Kyle was reported as touch and go for this week, obviously didn't quite make it, hopefully that means he will be back soon.

I'm hope I'm wrong Stopsy but you may find that a lot with Kyle. Superb on the pitch, when he was on it.

Good to see Booj getting a start having featured heavily in pre-season and good to see Ben Morris get a seat on the bench. Dai is backing his new championship signings.

For any of you old enough you might recognise the Hardwick name for Leicester.. Dad being Rob, a Coventry RFC stalwart.. I suspect son is slightly quicker than his dad was.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:33
Will be glad when we get our players back from the southern hemisphere, but our lads are more than capable of scoring a few tries, just need to tighten up the defence from last week though.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net