rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

James Gaskell
Heathen (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 13:12
What a shift he put in yesterday. He was absolutely done for when he came off the pitch.

Re: James Gaskell
CB Wasp (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 13:16
Completely agree. Our second row is looking good for the times when Launchers is away with England.

Old Geezer (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 13:26
I feel he only really became the player he is now after he joined us. Before that he was good but a bit lightweight. He has bulked up a lot. IMHO he is now a core star for us and a real leader. I have hopes that Matthews will rekindle his career in the same way. Give him time!

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 13:43
Wait for the newspaper article that we'll have to let him go at the end of the season because his performances warrant a pay rise

Shugs (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 13:49
Yes, after Launchbury he's quite a clear first choice now. Rowlands and Myall are also solid. I'm a bit disappointed Matthews hasn't made a squad yet - no doubt his time will come.

Westy68 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 14:37
Really like Gaskell and believe him and Launchbury are first choice.

I was hoping Rowlands would step up and make it difficult for Gaskell but I think he has played alright but no more then that.

He looks like a colossus and I would like him to have the same energy as Launchbury with the aggression as Simon Shaw.

Maybe I expect too much from him but not consistent enough for me at the moment

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 21:16
Quote:
Shugs
Yes, after Launchbury he's quite a clear first choice now. Rowlands and Myall are also solid. I'm a bit disappointed Matthews hasn't made a squad yet - no doubt his time will come.

Didn't Matthews come off the bench against Worcester in round 1?

Rowlands has flashes of brilliance but is quite inconsistent and seems to drift in and out of games

wombles222 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 21:47
Hugely impressed with Gasks! Every season a bolter comes through and that bolter need not necessarily be a young newbie. He was staggering off yesterday, and that was a demonstration of someone giving everything for the cause! We are set fair for this season when are players are doing this!

Penn Wasp (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 22:06
I thought he was very good at Sale before he came to us - if I recall playing at 8?

I had expected Symonds to have been the shoe in last season but never happened.
Same will Will this - but has a few years to develop me-thinks.

Gaskell has always been a very good player if seemingly a bit lightweight - if bulked up hope he has retained his ability..
Good bloke as well I am told

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 06:10
Quote:
Penn Wasp

Will is 27. Not too many years to develop

Raggs (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 06:33
Quote:
Penn Wasp
I thought he was very good at Sale before he came to us - if I recall playing at 8?
I had expected Symonds to have been the shoe in last season but never happened.

Gaskell has always been a very good player if seemingly a bit lightweight - if bulked up hope he has retained his ability..
Good bloke as well I am told

He did play 8 for them, but apparently wanted to play lock. That I think was quoted as part of the reason for the move. The first season he was with us I don't think he played that much, basically spent his time in the gym and put on 12kg.

Shugs (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 20:00
Quote:
Nomad_Wasp
Quote:
Shugs

Didn't Matthews come off the bench against Worcester in round 1?

Rowlands has flashes of brilliance but is quite inconsistent and seems to drift in and out of games
Yes, you might well be right. Agree about Rowlands. I thought physically he really looked the part against Ulster but you're right, I'd like to see him impose himself more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net