rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Same old sarries
Westy68 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:22
Sarries showing no class of sportsmanship, Spanking Gloucester but feel it’s appropriate to play ‘always look on the bright side of life’

Re: Same old sarries
chunky24 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:32
Probably Eddie playing that at he will feel he has proven right this afternoon.
Seriously though to be fair they have been brilliant, not sure some bloke who presses play in announce box should take away from that.

Westy68 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:34
They may be brilliant but really do lack class

John Tee (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:45
Hard to take to them... but they play their game very well.

Even if they pack that ground, how are they able to afford that team?

bg (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:52
I see Sarries tried to con the officials that Barritt going off near the end was for a HIA and not just an injury.. by claiming the HIA they were able to bring Tomkins back on who had previously been substituted.. who stayed on the pitch for a few mins before the officials realised (twigged)

I'm sure it was a genuine mistake by the sarries pitch side staff though

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:55
Quote:
bg
I see Sarries tried to con the officials that Barritt going off near the end was for a HIA and not just an injury.. by claiming the HIA they were able to bring Tomkins back on who had previously been substituted.. who stayed on the pitch for a few mins before the officials realised (twigged)
I'm sure it was a genuine mistake by the sarries pitch side staff though

That's dangerous ground for us as Wasps fans.
We all remember the times of uncontested scrums that may or may not have been intentional.

And let's not even talk about pizza gate

It just seems pointless when the game is already won

coddy (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 18:44
They are a machine, I just don't understand why the England team can't defend like Sarries especially when you consider Gustard was Sarries then England defence coach and the England team have so many senior Saracens players.

neils (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 19:13
But - please sir how did the great Danny do. Please tell me. He must have nearly won the match.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 19:17
Quote:
coddy
They are a machine, I just don't understand why the England team can't defend like Sarries especially when you consider Gustard was Sarries then England defence coach and the England team have so many senior Saracens players.
As with Chiefs, what works at one level may not work at another. It is a very good point though, you would think they could do it similarly, but maybe it takes a club to be that well drilled defensively?

Dazthelion (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 20:06
I think there’s some truth in it that the “Wolfpack” mentality and level of training needed can only exist at Club level, but both Sarries and Chiefs have superior coaching teams to England and a very well defined strategy that evolves gradually.

Hats off to them today, they played very well, but I also thought Glos we’re extremely poor. Sarries are masters of making other teams play badly but Glos didn’t help themselves today. They we’re lacking intensity compared to recent weeks, they looked aimless as they went through phase play and struggled to get round the corner of the Sarries defensive line in the way they have done to other teams. After widespread outcry about Cips not being selected (including from me), he did very little today to show Eddie he got it wrong. To EJ’s point about work rate I was astonished at how little Cips touched the ball, particularly in the first half. 36 was constantly at first receiver but not to feed Cips wider out, instead 36 sent the Fwds through the middle and even performed some of the tactical kicking. If that was a deliberate strategy, it was dumb and didn’t work.

Shame as I wasn’t hoping that game was going to be a barnstormer today - wish they’d shown the other one instead!

Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 20:10
Quote:
Dazthelion
Hats off to them today, they played very well, but I also thought Glos we’re extremely poor. Sarries are masters of making other teams play badly but Glos didn’t help themselves today. They we’re lacking intensity compared to recent weeks, they looked aimless as they went through phase play and struggled to get round the corner of the Sarries defensive line in the way they have done to other teams.

Sounds familiar.

backdoc (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 20:35
Sarries hit them hard and fast in the first 10-15 minutes and they never believed in themselves after that.

Raggs (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 21:32
Quote:
Westy68
Sarries showing no class of sportsmanship, Spanking Gloucester but feel it’s appropriate to play ‘always look on the bright side of life’

Apparently their players choose the music they want to play if the player scores. Nice idea, but can allow for perhaps a lack of class here and there.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 21:39
Saracens were immense, and today was an example of what they can do and equally why they are one of the strongest teams in the game. What is scary is they can be better, they were innacurate at times and indeed used the,ast 20 minutes as a training run, which in itself is a nod of respect to them as they have the ability to do that during a game! Today was not a case of Glaws being poor, they earnt enough ball to make a difference, indeed they we just not good enough despite their best efforts.

This may be controversial -and i say this as a huge fan of Cips- but one of his weaknesses is affecting and running a team when the game is going against you. Do not get me wrong todays result is not due to him as the whole team was beaten. But when deprived of front foot ball he lacks a more pragmatic game to start making better use of limited ball al la the second forty, or equally an ability to change to a style when you are having a greater percentage of possession but losing the gain line al la the first forty. He is international class and quality, but maybe this is the point of difference that you need when taking that last step to silverwear, the ability to turn a game and put your team into the correct parts of the field and draw out a win when the odds are stacked!

Sponge (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 22:15
I actually find it quite disrespectful that we play the buzzing wasps sound as the opposition enter the field. No doubt i will be shot down for that but if we are criticising others then we should look at what we do. For me, one of rugby's core values is respect and applauding all players onto the pitch.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 22:44
The buzzing has an awful lot to do with our entrance rather than disrespecting the oppo, and indeed when you see how the majority of supporters clap on the oppo it shows that core values do remain! I am also part of those that clap every oppositions score as well so believe me when i say some values are still alive and kicking! (Sm128)

Penn Wasp (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 23:17
Which FH would have stood out against sorries today? Certainly not Ford - not any other in the premiership.

I thought tactically Glaws assumed Sorries would focus on him - so not down to him.

I also think Faz made mistakes when trying to shine - he is better as a steady Eddie...

Their defense was immense ,- how few men did they commit to the tackle,? Left so little room for anyone to break through and Glaws didn't until the B team came on.
Not sure who would have lived with them today.
Hope they fly the flag in Europe...

DoubleChampions (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 00:48
Quote:
Penn Wasp
Which FH would have stood out against sorries today? Certainly not Ford - not any other in the premiership.
I thought tactically Glaws assumed Sorries would focus on him - so not down to him.

I also think Faz made mistakes when trying to shine - he is better as a steady Eddie...

Their defense was immense ,- how few men did they commit to the tackle,? Left so little room for anyone to break through and Glaws didn't until the B team came on.
Not sure who would have lived with them today.
Hope they fly the flag in Europe...

Thank you Penn - I know the club are targeting Europe after last years disappointing form through Nov / Dec.

Very hard to judge Cips today - had no ball.

I would love to see him behind our pack (just as an experiment) - Owen is great and would not swap him but you are correct in that he can be a little slack when trying to force / excite - I think Cips behind a dominant pack would really show if he could control a game / tempo.

Cips can do great things under pressure (a few good passes / runs today) but having time and many options is a different mentality.

As for the music - each player has a song attached (their choice as another poster has commented) - nothing to do with respect or disrespect.

In my experience opposing fans and players are treated with the utmost respect at AzP.

Silent Bob (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 07:24
Same old Sarries....always winning.

Lets hope we can give them a run for their money but I'm pretty sure that none of the players for Gloucester gave a monkeys about the music being played with that scoreline.

Just (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 07:48
I didn't see much from Farrell in that match either, it wasn't really a game for the fly halves, it was a really dominant display from the pack both with and without the ball, Itoje was a complete pain in the bum, spoiling all kinds of Glaws play, Mako was a monster, carrying, tackling, they all were, it is hard to point to a forward who didn't perform.
I don't always like the Sarries way of playing, but that is because I am a Wasps fan, I don't like it because, like Exeter, it can often stop us from playing an exciting expansive game, but if the boot was on the other foot I'm pretty sure I would be backing it as the best way to play ever, respect where it is due, they are bloody good

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net