rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Homeless Rugby
bg (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 09:21
Homeless Rugby

Interesting to see that premiership clubs have been contacted (by who.. the RFU?) to try and set up similar programs after seeing the success in football.

Good to see some Saints travelling supporters got a team together to play them (which is spooky given a recent thread here about which forum members could jokingly put on some boots and have a run out).

Well done to the Warriors and the coach giving up his free time to try and help. We sometimes get caught up in the top end of rugby and forget that rugby can offer direction to some who have lost their way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2018 09:25 by bg.

Re: Homeless Rugby
kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 11:13
Read that in the Telegraph today, really heart warming and brilliant effort. Any fans of Paddington 2 film will love seeing Knuckles in the photo chasing the ball down ...
Big respect to all involved especially Saints and Worcs.

Re: Homeless Rugby
Bzzzz (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 13:26
Very good indeed, well done to those involved. As it is mental health awareness day , or something similar, it is good to see that this is going on in our great game, not always known for its kindness in such respects. Hopefully this will change people's views and attitudes to people who are, or have become vulnerable, for whatever reasons.

Listening to the radio today I heard stories from people who had previously been well, experiencing events in their lives that made them attempt suicide... it reminded me that it can happen to any one of us, when we least expect it. Sport is such a great way to help people in so many different ways. I will check out my local clubs to see if they have anything similar going on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net