rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ricoh row update
JBA (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 15:04
The court decision is tomorrow at 10am. [www.coventrytelegraph.net]

Re: Ricoh row update
kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 15:29
Thought you were referring to Chez. What's he done now

Speedy-New (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 20:29
New deal?

I would think a new deal would be very dependant on tomorrow

Heathen (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 22:27
Quote:
Speedy-New
New deal?
I would think a new deal would be very dependant on tomorrow

Speedy, CCFC could be looking for a new home yet again next season and if that happens, they could be on a slippery downward spiral out of the Football League.

A touch of irony as regards the visitors to the Ricoh on Saturday!

Speedy-New (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 05:54
Heathen

There certainly is!

WWFC are also currently having to make some huge decisions regarding their structure as finances are not good

Wasps222 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 08:04
My only concern is around the loss of revenue. Last season ccfc had around 350k visitors to all games and events. I’ve heard that bought in around 3 million in revenue and more importantly cash flow. The other issue is that if they were playing at the same time could that effect attendance and atmosphere. I was talking about this last night to friends who support both teams. The majority would choose ccfc over us. They are from the city and have supported them all their lives. The real losers are both sets of fans.

PhilH (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 09:52
CoventryLive say “Appeal dismissed”

Marconi (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 09:54
Hopefully that will mean they can get a decent agreement that works for both sides, and keep building bridges. It's in both sides interests for both to be at the Ricoh!

WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 10:08
Ditto.

Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 10:28
Good news at last.

neils (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 10:31
Good news but hold your breath there is bound to be another avenue for the "expletive deleted".

Spikey910 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 10:41
From Coventry Live

Coventry City Council statement
We have now received joint statements from Councillor George Duggins, leader of Coventry City Council, and Councillor Gary Ridley, leader of the Opposition Conservative Party.

They say: “We are delighted with today’s judgement which once again justifies why we have robustly defended all claims brought by Sisu-related companies over recent years.

“Sisu has continually sought to re-open decisions taken by the council more than four years ago on 7 October 2014. We have always remained steadfast in our belief that those decisions were appropriate, lawful and in the best interests of Coventry tax payers.

“We hope that this will be the last stage of the litigation and that Sisu will accept this as the end of all legal action so that further unnecessary costs are avoided for all parties involved.”

PhilH (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 10:44
Wishful thinking. Quick, let’s leave Europe before they have a chance to take it to the European Courts (Sm100)

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 11:01
I really hope this puts an end to this fiasco, this will hopefully allow Wasps to maximise the possibilities of the arena to start being closer to a break even club and also sign up CCFC long term so that they're also secure to concentrate on football.

I will wait with baited breath over the next few days to see if SISU raise their heads...

Ken I L Worth (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 11:14
As a neutral thank goodness for that. Wasps had the vision to bring top class rugby to the area and utilise an underperforming asset to help fund the transition. Its a great facility and in my opinion fantastic for rugby locally.

I enjoy the atmosphere far more at the Ricoh than the peripatetic years and the folk are as friendly as they were at Sudbury.

Congrats to the council and WHL for seeing off a opportunistic shyster....

Good start to the day for Wasps fans and good luck for tonight...you'll need every drop.

RossM (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 11:19
Thanks Ken. Hope you win your gallonsmiling smiley

bg (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 11:46
This appeared on the BBC website yesterday. Did CCFC sort of expect this morning's outcome

CCFC - Ricoh

The question is would Wasps want to deal with Sisu (or whatever the company is that operates CCFC... ).

I think Wasps should see it as a business opportunity. Set up a 5 or 10 year deal and give CCFC a stable platform to plan for the future. Who knows.. maybe an investor will now step in for CCFC.

anderm (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 12:04
According to the Coventry Live site it seems there were no lawyers there for the verdict so I guess they perhaps already knew the result.

Will be interesting to see what happens going forwards but surely they have finally run out of options?

neils (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 12:05
Wasps statement according to CovTel confirming that situation regarding CCFC is unchanged. So it is still give up legals or no discussions.

Raggs (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 12:15
Not dealing with ccfc changes the equation for sisu i guess. At the moment of they can keep the football club more or less breakeven then they can just use their legal department to keep going and hopefully get lucky.

Kicking the club out will give them a downside to the lawsuits, as i guess they'll lose money/value.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net