rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Morning all
Buzzboy (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 05:46
Always feels odd on a Friday! Morning all. Not confident about this one, but just hope the boys show some pride in the jersey and give it a go.
Safeguarding training at 7 for me, then a long day at school. Who says teachers have it easy?!
Safe travels to those Dublin bound, lucky things. Have a pint of the Black stuff for me. Hoping everyone else gets to watch it and enjoy!

Re: Morning all
ElliesBoss (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 06:04
Morning BB. Result fairly predictable methinks. I'll let you know my prediction after the match... COYW.

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 06:23
Morning David and Ellie. Was full of beans for this until I contacted ADOW for an update on his health and if he wants to share it he will but it has left me so flat I am even unable to now concentrate on tonight.
Hope the boys go well and safe travels to the intrepid soles heading for the black stuff
Keeping my powder dry for the Toulouse trip
COYW

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 06:24
Morning.
Not sure I'll get to watch this.
Am house sitting for my parents and have a gathering of people here. Even if it's on, I won't be concentrating on the game, which may be a blessing in disguise.

I can't remember Wasps ever playing well on a Friday and this is a game that even on our best day would be a struggle.

Good luck boys

CB Wasp (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 06:47
Morning all. I'm still looking forward to this one and wish I was over there on Dublin. As with others I am not at all confident but hope the boys give it a real go. I seem to remember one Friday night at Quinns where we defended for 80 mins, Haskell played a blinder and we won with about 20 % possession oh well one can always dream! Best wishes to ADOW

Chilham (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 06:47
Morning Buzzí, morning wombles, morning all

Lots of doom and gloom today. Not surprising with news this week of Joe, Dan and Nathan. Iím sure the boys will give of their best this evening. Doubt itíll be enough, but itís all we can ask.

Kentí, sorry to learn things not going well for ADOW.

Come on .... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 06:48
Morning all.
Best chance for this match is to play it three years ago.
Think we might put up a better display than most expect.
Off to work today, safe travels to those going.

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 07:04
Flight delayed already, Aer Lingus cancelled yesterday, weather shite injuries worrying, so much to look forward to..... COYW

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 07:30
Morning all. Looks like very poor/bad weather tonight, so it could be a lottery.

PhilH (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 08:18
Looks as though the weather will play a big part - Callum you Wasps!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2018 08:19 by PhilH.

Worcswasp (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 08:53
Good morning all. Hopefully my day will get better. Was supposed to get to Brum for 10am meeting but wrong train and now stood in damp, windy Malvern......ooops! Safe travels to all that go tonight. I still think we might cause an upset. COYW

WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 09:06
Yes .... good luck, Callum. Good luck team, too; hopefully the weather in Leinster will have improved by 7.00 pm. tho' I fear the worst with regards to the final score, We know that they will do their very best. Please .... no injuries. Here on the Border we are checking the life rafts for punctures. Here's hoping the Court's decisions go Wasps' way and also that Nathan is cleared of any wrong doing at all. ADOW - you are always in our thoughts. Safe journeys to everyone wherever you are esp. if you are Ireland bound. (Sm159)

ukms (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 09:17
Morning everyone.... just about to board my flight back from sunny Dubai for the weekend ... land just in time to catch the game on TV. Hopefully have WiFi on the flight so can keep up with the latest on Nathan !!!

Not really sure what to think other than we might get thumped but there again we have a quality team and anything can happen. It will tough either way but hopefully enjoyable to watch.

Enjoy the game wherever you are watching especially those in Dublin.

Cheers

#COYW

Stevothewasp (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 09:35
Morning all - it sure is stormy over here in Dublin, but the local weather forecasters says the rain will start at 12 and now stop around 5ish, but be windy all day - unsurprisingly enough, the Leinster fans aren't too worried about the game given the team sheets and their recent EEC home record, in fact most are already booking flights/hotels/tickets for Newcastle and you can't blame them given they have most of the Ireland squad training and playing for them week in, week out with an ability to rotate.
As with others in reality I just want to see some passion, fight and guile tonight, playing the real conditions - if we are inaccurate with the little possession we will probably get or fall off tackles then it will be a long, painful night and we are so much better than that.
Hope those travelling today don't have too much trouble, hope to see some of you at the match - come on boys, make us proud! COYW!!!

wombles222 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 10:27
Morning Buzz, Elliesboss, KW, Stevie, CB, Chils, WWW, RicohChez, NWW< Phil, Worc, WW, ukms, Stevo and all other Waspies from a blustery but rather pleasant Guildford. One of my hobbies is amateur (and I do mean amateur) meterology, thus I am enjoying this rather pleasent late summer as over the last month a lot of predictive models and analogues that I research are pointing towards someothing rather more chilly towards this end of the month. It does seem odd writing this from my consulting room at work rather than at home, but game days are always to be looked forward to. Tonight however I will be watching the game through the prism of sober eyes as I have a day of medical examinations ahead tomorrow! Thus rather than sitting back and taking in a full day of opening weekendEuropean rugby which I absolutely adore, I shall be sitting 15 10 minute practical consultation exams and then a 3.5 hour written exam in the afternoon. I do however have games sky +'d for the evening when I return home (and beers on standby) thus I shall be ever present on here tomorrow evening for a good old catch up.

Please excuse the fact that I did not do a preview of tonights game, due to my exams tomorrow I have had to put my focus fully on this, but be assured (or worried, depending on how you feel about my articles) that I will be back to normal next week.

As for tonight, I hate to say it, but last weeks performance and our current injuries and suspension could not have come at a worse time, especially, given one or two exceptions, we are playing Ireland in all but name tonight. I have a feeling that this will be a tough encounter and the likelihood is that we will have 0 points and a rather horrible looking negative points difference come full time. Leinster are pre tournament favourites for good reason, however it is a tribute to where we are now as a club that they have put out the side they have, it is a respectful selection and shows that we are now seen as top table contenders rather than group fillers.

All i hope from tonight is the lads give their all for the jersey and the badge, last week was rather insulting for all involved as it was a culmination of all our problems and a lack of effort. We cannot hide behind how bad it was as it would paper over real problems that we have. Tonight is about showing that we can move forward, we can learn, and we do care about the club. It is a special club and the saying "once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp" should resonate with players just as much as us supporters. This is a night to prove it no-matter the result. We care hugely about this team and club they now need to show that they do to! This is the time to start the upward curve!

Come on you Wasps! (Sm128)

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp

WaspieKev (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 12:11
Despite all the injuries etc we still have a fantastic team playing tonight. OK, we're up against Ireland, but you cant kid me that the likes of WLR, Daly, Sops, De Jongh, YY, Shields and Carr amongst others aren't hugely motivated by that? I have a very funny feeling in my water about this and believe we're going to run them mighty close and who knows, with a bit of luck on a skiddy surface might just pull off an almighty shock. COYW!!!!!

Peter Brown (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 15:02
No travel worries for me, but then Iím returning from the sunny Med. The game will have recently ended when I land at LHR, so Iíll catch up then.

coddy (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 17:50
Knowing how bad I am watching Wasps on TV when I know they will struggle I've hit the alcohol early
and should be calm(ish) and inebriated by kick off.

A win would be a big shock, a LBP would be a nice surprise. COYW

Chilham (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 20:22
Quote:
coddy
Knowing how bad I am watching Wasps on TV when I know they will struggle I've hit the alcohol early
and should be calm(ish) and inebriated by kick off.

A win would be a big shock, a LBP would be a nice surprise. COYW

(Sm128)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net