rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Kept in the dark
Worcswasp (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 13:25
So with the Wade story all over National press and with a big game tomorrow why the silence from the club? When do you agree to reports or deny? If true this hasnt happened over night has it? Not the first time in recent history either. A poor unprofessional show if you ask me.

Re: Kept in the dark
Raggs (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 13:35
Assuming he's breaking contract then there's plenty of legal stuff to do, which would potentially be effected by official statements one way or the other.

neils (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 13:45
I would tend to agree with Raggs. Unfortunately I suspect the club have been caught on the hop by the leak and have to have certain legalities sewn up before anyone is allowed to speak. However they should have foreseen the possibility and been a little more prepared.

WaspieMatt (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 13:49
Iím not an expert but surely a bland statement either confirming that Christian is either still with the club or has departed (and a full statement will be forthcoming in due course) would not affect any legal issues?

Worcswasp (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 14:16
Going on from this. All the fuss over Hughes and even EJ passes comment Im not too sure our club said too much. I may have missed it but sunshine shining at the Ricoh on a Friday is not want I want to see and read from a rather large comms department.

coddy (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 14:21
I'm sure the Club will issue a statement in due course, there's no point in rushing out a hastily written statement that requires a lot more answers than it gives.

It also sounds like some people are making out Wasps are just trying to pi$$ us off intentionally by not keeping us up to date on proceedings, I'm 100% positive this isn't the case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2018 16:29 by coddy.

PhilH (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 14:42
Could be that if he has an NFL Contract, which persnally I think is unlikely, there is a clause that prevents that being released earlier than they want. If there is an agreement with Wasps to this, there is nothing they can say. Pure speculation of course.

doctorkmt1 (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 14:51
He doesn't have an NFL contract.

Alex gray and csw are on practice squads, they train against the first team pretending to be whoever is up next in the fixture list.
They earn a minimum of $129k per season.

They have never played a single snap of regular season NFL. But to listen to the media you'd think they were mvp contenders.

Good on wade for giving it a go, but he has more chance of scoring a hat trick in the 2019 rwc final than he does of getting an NFL 1st squad contact in his late 20's having never played the game in his whole life aside from on his ps4 and Madden.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2018 17:21 by doctorkmt1.

PhilH (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 14:55
Couldnít agree more except for the last few words which I donít understand

Spikey910 (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 15:05
Quote:
Worcswasp
So with the Wade story all over National press and with a big game tomorrow why the silence from the club?

You surely answer your own question there! They're preparing for a big game tomorrow, would you prefer Dai tied down working with the PR team on the wording of a public statement?

Some of the views on here are very precious.

bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 15:12
agree with the Doctor. I cant see him playing in the NFL. ever.

Westy68 (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 15:28
ĎIt is with great sadness that unfortunately Wasps RFC can confirm that Christian Wade has left the club with immediate effect.

We are not able at this moment in time to divulge the full details of the matter but will of course do so in due course. In the meantime we would like thank Christian for his utter professionalism, whilst at the club and the joy he has brought to many supporters. He will be sadly missed and the club would like to wish him all the very best for the future.

There we go all done, only took a couple of minutes, now letís beat Bath tomorrow

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2018 15:51 by Westy68.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 15:46
Sounds like the doors open if NFL doesn't work out.

RossM (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 16:21
Quote:
Westy68
ĎIt is with great sadness that unfortunately Wasps RFC can confirm that Christian Wade has left the club with immediate effect.
We are not able at this moment in time to divulge the full details of the matter but will of course do so in due course. In the meantime we would like thank Christian for his utter professionalism, whilst at the club and the joy he has brought to many supporters. He will be sadly missed and the club would like to wish him all the very best for the future.

There we go all done, only took a couple of minutes, now letís beat Bath tomorrow

Blimey, westy that's a tad gloomy. Nobody's died sad smiley

Westy68 (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 16:30
Sorry Ross, as Iíve know Christian since he was 14 it is a sad day to say goodbye to such a quality player

coddy (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 16:35
No need to apologise but it did start off like a obituary. &#128521;

Heathen (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 16:43
Statement now made - see new post.

Worcswasp (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 18:28
So statement that wasnt from Dai didnt take too long after all then?

neils (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 18:33
Probably had to go through God knows how many lawyers.

Worcswasp (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 18:47
Neils.......still cant believe you posted that rumour in the first place last night. Still flabbergasted. Has to go in top 5 threads ever

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net