rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Club statement
Heathen (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 16:42
CLUB STATEMENT: The Club are aware of speculation regarding the future of Christian Wade. Unfortunately, we are unable to make any comment at this time but hope to be able to provide an update in the coming days. We will be making no further comment in the meantime.

Re: Club statement
19 October, 2018 16:44
So it seems like it's currently true at present, though I wonder if legal matter might put a pause on it happening this season.

Bobby Bridge tweet something earlier saying Christian wanted to leave last year, so apparently this has been brewing for a while. Not entirely out of the blue for the club.

It'll be a shame to see him leave, but the club will have to move onwards and upwards.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

John Tee (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 16:52
They could probably make make him stay contractually but it will not do any good. If he is determined to leave, he will leave. The only chance the club has is if they can appeal to his better nature but if Wade can't or wont entertain that the player is gone and the club will have to accept that and the sooner the better.

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 17:00
He could pull the "retiring" line.
Precedent set by Solomona

chunky24 (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 17:01
Could be trying to ensure a first refusal option for the club if he does return to rugby.

Westy68 (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 17:15
It is a sad day but we have had to say goodbye to a lot of brilliant players in the past, especially the brilliant team of 10 - 15 years ago. Wasps will move on and we will cheer on new legends.

COYW

mike909 (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 17:25
Quote:
Westy68
It is a sad day but we have had to say goodbye to a lot of brilliant players in the past, especially the brilliant team of 10 - 15 years ago. Wasps will move on and we will cheer on new legends.
COYW

Whilst I get this 100%, the key disappointment is never getting to see if he was an international. And given his achievements, year on year, in tries and all the rest, its a big disappointment and clouds my view of England rather.....

Shugs (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 18:02
Seems like a bit of a mess. Young has been gradually withdrawing Wade (wasn't due to play at Sale and "ill" for Leinster so something hasn't been right for a while. It seems to me that as he's contracted a negotiation is going on either to make him stay or leave later on.

backdoc (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 19:02
If he is contracted to Wasps then he will have to buy his way out of the contract.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 19:23
Quote:
mike909
Quote:
Westy68
COYW

Whilst I get this 100%, the key disappointment is never getting to see if he was an international. And given his achievements, year on year, in tries and all the rest, its a big disappointment and clouds my view of England rather.....
England or messers Lancaster and Jones?
The former should never have been in charge of an international team.
The latter has proven he cannot develop one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2018 19:29 by westwaleswasp.

mike909 (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 20:36
Quote:
westwaleswasp
Quote:
mike909
Quote:
Westy68
COYW

England or messers Lancaster and Jones?
The former should never have been in charge of an international team.
The latter has proven he cannot develop one.

Lancaster - picked him for Argentina, he got lifted for the Lions and then injured, so I have a little sympathy for SL, though it was too soon for him as a coach, as for Eddie, I'd be banned if I said what I think of Eddie.

Beasties (IP Logged)
19 October, 2018 21:10
Twould explain why Bassett remained here after the Saints gig fell through. Also the signing of Carlton Palmer or whatever that Enzid bloke is called on a one year contract. If it was known a while ago could we conceivably have got Cockasaniga?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net