rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Cipriani sees Red
Buzzboy (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:24
Sorry to mention £5 but, heís been sent off for a high tackle in Munster.
Thought it was worthy of a thread!

Re: Cipriani sees Red
ukms (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:32
Surely not !! .... the boy is perfect smiling smiley

wombles222 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:35
Not that the many one eyed supporters on their message board would have you believe, and some of their comments show a complete lack of understanding and appreciation, but that was a red all day. Repeated head injuries and its impact upon long term mental health and increased dementia risk is established and although you cannot get rid of the risk in a contact sport, you can reduce it greatly by enforcing it as has been demonstrated today amd reflected in the laws formthe last two seasons.

I would say by the reaction of their head coach and their repeated going high in he tackle Glos have completely ignored this and are paying the price, although all players and clubs are guilty of a slow adjustion and are rightly being pinged for it. I thought Flats in commentary said it best when he said it was too important a subject to ignore and that wenhave to think of the kids playing the game.

Bracken&Macken (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:46
Itís a red but the fact it isnít even the worst high shot in the game shows how much of a mess rugby is in.

Twelvetress is very lucky to still be on the pitch as his high tackle actually had some force behind it, Danny arguably just stood there.

Unfortunately teams are getting wise now and Munster lowering themselves into tackles and appealing for cards is not something that is good for the game.

I would love to see the stats on how many of the red cards for high tackles are given for home vs away sides. The identification and review seem very crowd driven.

ukms (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:47
12 trees is lucky not to have followed on at least a yellow !

Lazyrucker (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:50
That was never a red.

John Tee (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:51
Only saw the review at half time....seemed the sort of thing you'll see many times over...
I think he just stood there.

Maybe the tactic will be to duck into the tackle now...?

ukms (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:52
Quote:
Lazyrucker
That was never a red.

Shoulder to head = red

Heaf (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:58
Makes you wonder how recklessly jumping into the air and smashing your arm into the face of the kicker when you come down at a conversion gets nothing though ...

neils (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:02
Well done the face that got in the way! Truly deserved although didn't see it from my Ricoh seat.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:02
It is a red nomatter what peoples own interpretations are (which is of no consequence).

Again Flats summed it up brilliantly at half time when he stated that this is something for the law makers to continue to enforce, it will result in many cards, but they will be neccesary until coaches and players learn, and the fault of results and outcomes will always rightly be that of players and coaches until they adjust.

I am with Flats as well on this, this is not a 'games gone soft' thing, and to take that stance would be to misunderstand why this is in place.

Heaf (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:09
Yep - so the Munster 14 should have got at least a YC last week ...

Danjester (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:10
Probably distracted by the sunlight glinting off those golden wrists

mike909 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:15
Quote:
John Tee
Only saw the review at half time....seemed the sort of thing you'll see many times over...
I think he just stood there.

Maybe the tactic will be to duck into the tackle now...?

That was my initial though on both matters

He did just stand there for me

Regardless, lack of consistency is the key problem

mike909 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:34
And a lat minute high tackle, force and arm to neck of Morgan is a yellow and easily as dangerous.

I'm quite lost with this - which is as likely as anything my problem....but I'm lost as to how player safety is enhanced with one instance being red and one being yellow

RossM (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:45
Danny's red seemed a bit strange to me. Danny didn't really tackle him, just stood his ground. Rapava Ruskin had half tackled the Munster player and he stumbled into Danny. Earlier in the thread someone said shoulder to head = red, but I thought, if anything, it was more head to shoulder. Twelvetrees, a few minutes later, was lucky not to have seen yellow at the very least. Redmist time.

Westy68 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:46
+1 so inconsistent, itís now starting to be a serious problem

John Tee (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:54
Quote:
Westy68
+1 so inconsistent, itís now starting to be a serious problem

And across the game in many aspects, it is like ref lottery.
Many games turn on a decision that you don't know how they will go from one week to the next.

Heaf (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 14:01
+ 10

Geoff P (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 14:05
Same thing happened in the Exeter Castres game five minutes later - but that was clearly with intent. As had been said above, Danny was just standing there and the player piled in head first. Result - shoulder to head, red card.

This is a rule that attacking players can begin to manipulate - which suggests it needs improving.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net