rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Team's up
09 November, 2018 11:31
15 Rob Miller (c)
14 Marcus Watson
13 Ross Neal
12 Gaby Lovobalavu
11 Josh Bassett
10 Lima Sopoaga
9 Joe Simpson
1 Simon McIntyre
2 Tom Cruse
3 Jake Cooper-Woolley
4 Charlie Matthews
5 James Gaskell
6 Ben Morris
7 Thomas Young
8 Tom Willis

Replacements
16 Tommy Taylor
17 Ben Harris
18 Kieran Brookes
19 Will Rowlands
20 Joe Atkinson
21 Craig Hampson
22 Billy Searle
23 Michael Le Bourgeois

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Re: Team's up
Westy68 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 11:35
Pretty good team, I expect a very convincing win

Raggs (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 11:35
Nice to see a couple of the youngsters rewarded.

RossM (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 11:36
Brizzle.
15. Charles Piutau; 14. Luke Morahan, 13. Piers O’Conor, 12. Will Hurrell, 11. Ryan Edwards; 10. Callum Sheedy (co-capt), 9. Andy Uren; 1. Yann Thomas, 2. Shaun Malton, 3. John Afoa, 4. Ed Holmes, 5. Aly Muldowney, 6. Steve Luatua (co-capt), 7. Dan Thomas, 8. Jordan Crane.

Replacements: 16. Nick Fenton-Wells, 17. Jake Woolmore, 18. Lewis Thiede, 19. Joe Joyce, 20. George Smith, 21. Harry Randall, 22. Tiff Eden, 23. Sam Bedlow.

Couple of ex-Wasps there: Charles Piutau starts and George Smith on the bench.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2018 11:38 by RossM.

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 11:38
No bench cover for wing or fb? Otherwise, not a bad team.

09 November, 2018 11:41
Quote:
RossM
Brizzle.
15. Charles Piutau; 14. Luke Morahan, 13. Piers O’Conor, 12. Will Hurrell, 11. Ryan Edwards; 10. Callum Sheedy (co-capt), 9. Andy Uren; 1. Yann Thomas, 2. Shaun Malton, 3. John Afoa, 4. Ed Holmes, 5. Aly Muldowney, 6. Steve Luatua (co-capt), 7. Dan Thomas, 8. Jordan Crane.

Replacements: 16. Nick Fenton-Wells, 17. Jake Woolmore, 18. Lewis Thiede, 19. Joe Joyce, 20. George Smith, 21. Harry Randall, 22. Tiff Eden, 23. Sam Bedlow.

As nice as the "Once a Wasp...." saying is, I hope Piutau has an iffy game this week and constantly drops the ball smiling smiley

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Raggs (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 11:41
MLB can cover fullback, as can Searle I believe. Neal and Gaby I believe have good experience on the wing.

09 November, 2018 11:43
Quote:
Raggs
MLB can cover fullback, as can Searle I believe. Neal and Gaby I believe have good experience on the wing.

Ah. Good show then.

backdoc (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 11:52
Lewis Thiede and Piers O'Conor also ex-Wasp.

Matt82 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 12:09
Quote:
Raggs

Would be interesting at some point during the match to get a look at Neal on the wing.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 12:26
Strong!

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 13:14
Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
Raggs

Would be interesting at some point during the match to get a look at Neal on the wing.

Why? He's a centre, and a very good one

Matt82 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 21:10
Quote:
Nomad_Wasp
Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
Raggs

Why? He's a centre, and a very good one

Because I dare say when everybody is available he'll probably be 4th/5th choice 13. Whereas if he's an option on the wing there's nobody nailed on for that 14 shirt.

Heathen (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 22:47
This match has to be a potential banana skin. We have to play well and control the game. The centre pairing is my main concern in the named 23.

Gaz (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 09:40
This is a perfect opportunity for Watson to stake his claim for the 14 shirt next week.

Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 10:07
It's a much higher quality team than I expected, but I am still worried...

10 November, 2018 10:22
Quote:
Vespulavulgaris

+1

For me, compare our starter 15 with who (in ideal circumstances, given our current Wade free squad) I would have (and only one is on the bench):

15 Rob Miller - Willie Le Roux
14 Marcus Watson - Elliot Daly
13 Ross Neal - Juan de Jongh
12 Gaby Lovobalavu - Jimmy Gopperth
11 Josh Bassett
10 Lima Sopoaga
9 Joe Simpson - Dan Robson
1 Simon McIntyre
2 Tom Cruse - Tommy Taylor
3 Jake Cooper-Woolley
4 Charlie Matthews - Joe Launchbury
5 James Gaskell
6 Ben Morris - Brad Shields
7 Thomas Young
8 Tom Willis - Nathan Hughes

Just 6 of the 15 I would pick. Very much a second best start 15. This season has seen our forwards get over the line way more than the backs, and this back line leaves me thinking tomorrow will be the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 10:23 by NellyWellyWaspy.

Matt82 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 10:59
Quote:
NellyWellyWaspy
Quote:
Vespulavulgaris

+1

For me, compare our starter 15 with who (in ideal circumstances, given our current Wade free squad) I would have (and only one is on the bench):

15 Rob Miller - Willie Le Roux
14 Marcus Watson - Elliot Daly
13 Ross Neal - Juan de Jongh
12 Gaby Lovobalavu - Jimmy Gopperth
11 Josh Bassett
10 Lima Sopoaga
9 Joe Simpson - Dan Robson
1 Simon McIntyre
2 Tom Cruse - Tommy Taylor
3 Jake Cooper-Woolley
4 Charlie Matthews - Joe Launchbury
5 James Gaskell
6 Ben Morris - Brad Shields
7 Thomas Young
8 Tom Willis - Nathan Hughes

Just 6 of the 15 I would pick. Very much a second best start 15. This season has seen our forwards get over the line way more than the backs, and this back line leaves me thinking tomorrow will be the same.

We can't keep relying on the same 15 players though. That's part of our problem. The likes of Willis are the future of the club and need to be given game time when there is an opportunity and if he's playing well. If he plays anywhere near like he did last week I'd have him in the 23.

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 11:23
Gaby and Neal are big runners, I don't think they'll struggle to get on the front foot.

It's a strong Bris team though. I think Piers has done really well with the opportunities he's got, and it's interesting to see him picked in the centre. He's still a relatively small lad, so potentially could be an opportunity to get over the gain line and get Bris retreating.

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 13:25
Nelly...
It move only be 6 of the 15 when we're at full strength, but it's probably 9 of 15 of you take injuries out of it, and 12 of 15 of you accept that we'll have international call ups too.

When we look back at the end of this season, I bet we'll have never put out our absolute best 15 or 23, and that's probably the same over the last couple of years.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net