rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

You should be proud
17 November, 2018 15:59
Saints fan in peace!

I thought I'd just post this about something that happened at the Gardens today.

In our block of the Church's stand at Franklins Gardens there is a group of STHs that know each other very well. There is a couple that sit next to my Dad who are getting on a bit - the wife more than the husband. She now uses two walking canes and to say she is frail is an understatement. Today because of the traffic on the M1 they arrived late and she made her way in to the ground about 10 mins in to the game on her own whilst her husband was parking the car.

As she started struggling up the stairs on her own (we're in the middle of the block so kind of stuck to help her ourselves), one of your own was coming down the stairs. He then stopped, checked if she was ok, then proceeded to help her up the stairs until she got to our row and then went on his way.

Obviously, we don't know who that is but you as a club and set of supporters should be proud to have such a kind and helpful person in your ranks. Personally its stuff like this act of kindness that makes me love Rugby all the more. If he is on here, I say thank you.

If you are ever in the Gardens again, you'll get a pint and a handshake off me.

Unlucky on the match today, but we both had to endure that ref - hopefully we'll get a proper one next time and it'll be another enthralling game!

Good luck for the rest of the season.

FHS

Re: You should be proud
John Tee (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 16:08
Nice to read things like this.
Thanks for posting.

Westy68 (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 16:25
At least were good at something

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 17:06
Hello FHS. That was me. A pleasure and what a lovely lady

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 17:13
Well done Kent. And well done for acknowledging, Hollywood.

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 17:14
I was proud of you too Tom .... hehe

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 17:29
Hey wed all do that . Rugby . But yes FHS hold you to the pint. Lets forget the annihilation today for a moment but respect FG. Immaculate pitch, friendly staff, great food and beer. Full house great atmosphere. Great fans. Proper rugby stadium . Ricoh sad shadow. And the stadium

17 November, 2018 20:04
I'm not entirely sure you're just saying it for the free pint, Kentwasp! I remember what they/you looked like though. To be fair I'd probably just get you the pint for trying it on!!

All kidding aside, great touch and see you guys again soon.

FHS

Chilham (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 20:32
Quote:
kentwasp1
Hello FHS. That was me. A pleasure and what a lovely lady

Well played.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net