rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Sirs v Toulouse
FishingWasp (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 13:01
Home - every ones favourite: John Lacey, (Sm31)(Sm31)

Away - no complaints: Nigel Owens.(Sm128)

Per the EPRC website - some changes just announced but not for our games, so believe original announcements stand. Hope we have been studying how to manage Mr Lacey !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2018 13:03 by FishingWasp.

Re: Sirs v Toulouse
Harry the Wasp (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 07:20
Is there some unwritten rule somewhere that John Lacey refs us against Toulouse at the Ricoh? Maybe he has it written into his contract?

While I hate ref bashing as it's a thankless task, I still cringe when I see his name against ours.

loverugby1979 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 11:46
I think that Johny will do a good job.

Good luck.

Petergwilson (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 12:49
Glad I can only make the away match.

Heathen (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 12:50
Never seen Lacey referee one of our games fairly. Always has an anti Wasps (or English) bias.

Bracken&Macken (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 22:06
Rest the stars, not a chance with this cheat.

Chilham (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 01:07
Wasps 32 - 6 Toulon Who was the ref?

Got to take it outbof his hands.

Sam Skennel (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 08:01
Quote:
Heathen
Never seen Lacey referee one of our games fairly. Always has an anti Wasps (or English) bias.

That's rubbish - he's not unfair, he's just not as good a referee as we see in the Premiership week in week out.

Quote:
Bracken&Macken
Really?? A cheat. Inept, I'd buy, but never a cheat ffs

Chilham (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 08:54
Quote:
Sam Skennel
Quote:
Heathen

That's rubbish - he's not unfair, he's just not as good a referee as we see in the Premiership week in week out.

Quote:
Bracken&Macken
Really?? A cheat. Inept, I'd buy, but never a cheat ffs

This.

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 12:19
SS & Chilham: Totally agree.

Bzzzz (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 13:35
Careful Bracken.... you dared to use the word 'Cheat' in 2 posts now. Surprised you got away with it with reference to Sarries since most Wasps fans on here do not consider them cheats for some reason.... but only when in an Ingland shirt.... Selectively one eyed I guess.

PhilH (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 21:29
Quote:
Bzzzz
Careful Bracken.... you dared to use the word 'Cheat' in 2 posts now. Surprised you got away with it with reference to Sarries since most Wasps fans on here do not consider them cheats for some reason.... but only when in an Ingland shirt.... Selectively one eyed I guess.
I am sure most people have given up and gloss over Brackenís comments

bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 04:46
Does anyone actually seriously & when sober, think any of the top flight referees are "cheats" ??

Beasties (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 07:29
My heart sank when I saw his name too. He's quite simply the worst ref I've ever seen. He doesn't have to be a cheat to influence games though, his incompetence knows no bounds.

Our only hope now is that Toulouse do that French away thing and don't turn up......

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 17:01
Have to say I don't rate Lacey highly. Clancy had loads of stick and improved tremendously. Lacey had the same and by and large is unchanged, style grating with me abd decisions rather random.
Not a huge Nigel fan either, a decent ref, very good rapport with players and a brilliant human being, but a bit overrated, stinkers frequently air brushed from history.

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 08:11
I'll be the first to admit it. Thought Sir had a much better game yesterday than i had expected.

chunky24 (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 08:14
Yes, his only odd one was the first wasps try TMO referral where he said he had seen a grounding and any reason to not award it and the replays clearly showed no grounding!

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
09 December, 2018 08:17
Yes, he was fine by and large.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net