rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Elliot
Old Geezer (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 13:40
Daly and Sarries.
Daly visiting South Africa.

Am I paranoid?

Re: Elliot
WaspieFrank (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 13:53
Sounds like it!

Old Geezer (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 13:56
Hope so!!!

bg (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 14:11
I thought the link between Sarries and SA ended when the backers pulled out and Wray then had to buy their share in the club?

tappers1975 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 14:11
......or alternatively..............

knackered player without a break since summer takes holiday to warm location in grim grey January. Chooses SA over the normally favoured gaudy chav-fest that is Dubai because he has taste (tongue in cheek everyone).

More importantly favours SA as there is little time zone difference so it won't impact his training/ fitness to play on routine (I've read elsewhere that it can take one day per hour difference to reacclimatise the body post travelling)

Also didn't the SA link with Sarries end last year? Quite possibly wrong on that but think I recall something on these lines

Phillywasp (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 14:28
We’ve probably got more Saffas on our books than Sarries currently.

Spikey910 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 14:32
Quote:
tappers1975
......or alternatively..............
knackered player without a break since summer takes holiday to warm location in grim grey January. Chooses SA over the normally favoured gaudy chav-fest that is Dubai because he has taste (tongue in cheek everyone).

More importantly favours SA as there is little time zone difference so it won't impact his training/ fitness to play on routine (I've read elsewhere that it can take one day per hour difference to reacclimatise the body post travelling)

Also didn't the SA link with Sarries end last year? Quite possibly wrong on that but think I recall something on these lines

Very good!

Frankly, I've accepted Daly is going and am beyond worrying about it. I am more concerned about the Hughes and Stuart rumours, and if they do go, replacing them. Everyone seems concerned about Stuart but we'll def need more carrying power if Nathan goes. We have back row depth, but imo are light on power.

Hangover (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 14:39
Spikey - couldn't agree more.

Matt82 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 15:49
Quote:
Hangover
Spikey - couldn't agree more.

Touché

Boooo (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 16:10
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but last summer Owen Farrell had his stag do.

The only non-Saracens player invited on the stag holiday was Elliot Daly.

I'm sure in that time away, with all the banter and humour, he probably bonded and gelled well with those guys.
Therefore, it's only natural he might have had his head turned somewhat.

Anyway....we'll see what happens.
Hopefully Elliot is refreshing his head and body under the sun in SA, because he could do with a re-boot to re-find his form and enthusiasm again. He's been over-played and trained (especially by England) this past year and a bit.
A good break should do him the power of good.

Worcswasp (IP Logged)
09 January, 2019 17:38
I wonder if he is arguing with the holiday reps and bar staff?

Bzzzz (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 13:30
Spikey - disagree - haven't you seen Thomas Young make more metres in one break than Nathan does in a whole game....? not light in the back row at all, as with other positions it isn't how big you are it is how you play the game....

DuncanS (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 14:15
Agreed, Bzzzz. Guy Thompson was an excellent carrier, despite being half Nathan’s size (OK, not quite). It isn’t always about carrying hard; sometimes you must carry smart.

HenryBukowski (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 14:22
yeah it's not just about size. In fact too much size can hamper your ball carrying.
I think Nathan might benefit from losing a bit of weight.
This said, it's also about how we use him and the lines he runs - in his breakthrough season he was hitting the most incredible lines. That's not happening so much at the moment.

bg (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 14:30
Quote:
HenryBukowski
yeah it's not just about size. In fact too much size can hamper your ball carrying.
This said, it's also about how we use him and the lines he runs - in his breakthrough season he was hitting the most incredible lines. That's not happening so much at the moment.
I also agree with Bzzz. Speed off the line and being able to step into a gap is just as important. I also think Carr makes makes more headway than is given credit for.

I think Hughes might benefit from becoming leaner (although that doesn't look like its going to be our problem next season).

He did seem to change his style of play after he joined up with the England squad

Why not try the 'other' Wasps forum?
[onceawasp.com]

HenryBukowski (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 14:45
Quote:
bg
Quote:
HenryBukowski
I also agree with Bzzz. Speed off the line and being able to step into a gap is just as important. I also think Carr makes makes more headway than is given credit for.

I think Hughes might benefit from becoming leaner (although that doesn't look like its going to be our problem next season).

He did seem to change his style of play after he joined up with the England squad

Completely agree with this.
England want him to be Billy V Mark 2. It's not what he's best at; Billy is unique in people who are able to make yards from a standing start. Nathan isn't that player. I do fear his instinctive play has been wrung out of him by England.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 15:46
I was about to say the exact same thing. We have an immitation Billy with a penchant for penalties rather than the Hughes of pre qualification, which was a singularly fearsome beast, one that out-performed what Billy was doing week in, week out.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 15:54
Hey hang on peeps, this thread is called Elliot not Nathan!

bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 20:39
I dont like to start unfounded rumours but Joe Launchburys missus has posted on instagram, wearing a red coat with the comment Londons always calling.

so clear proof that Joe is moving ro Sarries next season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net